• Tweets

• Is it your land?  If its not then complain to the landowner..  Do you rent the garages?   
    • A) Bollards, or B) county court action for trespass onto your private land, or C) retain one of the private parking firms, ensuring that they'll offer to take payment for the private parking space(s) on your land. (What you don't want is for them to put up signs saying "no parking" ... as then there can't be a contract to park to be broken .... read up on the parking threads to see what can be used to get out of such a private parking charge....) The PPC offers parking, with the proviso that a) they pay, and b) they provide contact numbers for the cars to be moved when needed. Make the payment required sufficient that it isn't attractive to them to chose to park there (& pay)....... Bollards may not be your preferred option, but it will likely be the simplest / quickest / most cost effective.
    • You need to choose between ET and small claims, you cannot do both. For straightforward wages I'd go small claims. Faster and less messing about. Advice here Employment claims in the civil courts - Working Families WORKINGFAMILIES.ORG.UK Some types of employment-related claims can be brought in the civil courts, rather than in an Employment Tribunal. This advice page offers a high level...  
    • The garages are used - just car currently being fixed.  I have no need of what they offer.  It is conscious trespass - and the law allows. Which is frustrating.  It's just v annoying that they do this. Isn't there a law that someone cannot prevent access to a public highway from private land?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

confused about court order

janeyjackson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this where to start as I am new to this.Can anyone please help me here.Worrying desperately about what to put in court statement by Friday and even more concerned about order from court stating I must co-opertate with LloydsTsb solicitors in preparing court bundle.That it will be a joint bundle so to cut paperwork.I phoned Lloyds solicitors to query this and they said this must be new and they would send me a request by fax if they wanted anything from me.Amazing since I have no fax and they did not ask my name.Help please!

Hi there and welcome to the Forum

Can you post exactly what the court order says then we will be in a better position to advise you

Paul

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HBoS(1) WON - BT WON

HBoS(2) LBA Stage - HBoS(2) Prep

1.The Claimant shall by 4pm on the 22nd of June 2007 pay the court allocation fee of £100.00, unless the claim is for a sum less than £1500.00 when no allocation fee is payable.

2.The parties shall by 4pm on the 29th 2007 send to eachother statements of the evidence of any witnesses of fact they intend relying upon at the trial of this matter and shall append to those statements any documents they intend relying upon.

3.The parties shall cooperate to prepare a bundle of documents for use at the trial such bundle to include the statements referred to above.

4.Each party shall prepare a skeleton argument and that shall be included in the bundle referred to above.

5.The Claimant shall lodge a copy of the bundle at court 27th July 2007 and upon lodging of the trial bundle the court will consider the the listing of the matter.

6.The Claimant shall,when lodging the bundle, inform the court whether the Defendents have complied with this order and if not what respects they have failed.

7.The Defendent shall, at the expiration of the time specified in paragraph 4 above,inform the court whether the Calimant has failed.

8.The parties should note that the reference to statements includes the statements of the parties themselves as well as any other witnesses they intend calling and that the judge may decide not to take into account any documents or evidence not served and lodged as directed above.

9.The matter be allocated to the Small Claims Track and listed on a date to be fixed by the court.

(I have not made an error in prder 7 it actually refers to order 4)

This is indeed new. Do not waste your time phoning SCM, to say they are unhelpful would be a compliment.

You must prepare a bundle as here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html#post553523

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/82148-got-court-date-important.html

Then you are required to agree the contents with SCM (Lloyds' solicitors) who will invariable fail to respond to any requests to agree anything. You will need to write to SCM asking for their agreement so that you can show the judge how un-cooperative they are, hence paragraph 6.

On the 27 July 2007 write to the court enclosing your bundle saying that SCM have not responded to any of your requests (enclose the correspondence) and request that the claim is struck out.

Although different circumstances, I managed to get Lloyds' claim struck out as they did not comply with directions, you should read here to get an idea of how they operate:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/47207-guido-t-lloyds-tsb.html

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

only a day left to make statement and am very confused about what is required.Order states I must send to Lloyds a statement of the evidence of any witnesses of fact they intend relying upon at the trial of this matter and shall append to those statements any documents they intend relying upon.

This sounds more like a bundle to me.What do I need to send?

I dont mean to sound stupid but are you saying that the statement is the whole bundle?Or do I get the statement together for Friday and then prepare the whole bundle for the 27th July?I guess I am asking what do they require in the order referring to the statement?

I dont think I can do it.I feel overwhelmed.I thought I only had to do statement and would have plenty of time to do bundle but now it seems I have to do entire bundle by tomorrow.I have phoned the court to query what is required and they were not helpful.

I am just thinking better safe than sorry I would prepare a whole bundle.

It doesn't take too long if u get stuck don't be afraid to ask!

HTH

Kim

Kim v Lloyds TSB

Claim for £747.37

You can do it, it is a lot to take in, keep reading around it will sink in.

I do not advocate missing deadlines, but if you are late by few days then it will be okay.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I am very sorry to pm you but am desperate.Could you please tell me what you think this means - My court order says under paragraph 2 The parties shall by 4pm on the 29th June 2007 send to each other statements of the evidence of any witnesses of fact they intend relying upon at the trial of this matter and shall append to those statements any documents they intend relying upon.

What do you think this means?Do I need to do the whole bundle for this or make just a statement?

Just get a witness statement in by the 29th (today!) then the bundle follows next month.

Here you go, there's one here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/82148-got-court-date-important.html#post732096

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.