DoubleVee Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally got round to sending the Halifax my DPA letter on May the 8th!!

Received a reply last week telling me that my statements would be sent soon but they are not obliged to disclose instances of manual intervention. :roll:

Anyway, this morning 31 envelopes containing 155 pages of statements dropped through the letterbox. :o Will work through them at the weekend and take things from there.

Great doublevee.:D

Keep us posted.:)

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

Okay, I'm sifting through my statements and I'm about to enter the details into the Excel spreadsheet. Only trouble is I've never used Excel before :oops: and could do with a little guidance.

What I'm unsure of is, do I delete the examples of charges that are already in the spreadsheet? Or do I just enter them on page 2 or replace the existing ones with the actual charges?? Sorry for sounding like an absolute gonk but like I say, I'm no good with Excel.

Okay, I'm sifting through my statements and I'm about to enter the details into the Excel spreadsheet. Only trouble is I've never used Excel before :oops: and could do with a little guidance.

What I'm unsure of is, do I delete the examples of charges that are already in the spreadsheet? Or do I just enter them on page 2 or replace the existing ones with the actual charges?? Sorry for sounding like an absolute gonk but like I say, I'm no good with Excel.

You delete the "in respect of" "Amount" and "Date incurred " coloumns though of course not the headers you leave the "days since the offence " and "interest 8%APR" columns it automaticaly recalculates them for you :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

You delete the "in respect of" "Amount" and "Date incurred " coloumns though of course not the headers you leave the "days since the offence " and "interest 8%APR" columns it automaticaly recalculates them for you :D

That's great......thanks! :wink: Looks like Halifax have stung me for £1225. :cool: Gonna give the statements one final run through to make sure I've not missed any, then proceed further.

That's great......thanks! :wink: Looks like Halifax have stung me for £1225. :cool: Gonna give the statements one final run through to make sure I've not missed any, then proceed further.

As a cautionary word of advice do it several times and highlight them .......I missed a couple on ours and if it wasnt for the fact that I rechecked them later they would have been missed .....as the saying goes slowly slowy catch the worm lol.

Just remember also you can't add the interest to your claim yet .......you add that later when you issue a court summons .........as you probably will have to ...........hopefully ........then the pennies add up :lol:

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

As a cautionary word of advice do it several times and highlight them .......I missed a couple on ours and if it wasnt for the fact that I rechecked them later they would have been missed .....as the saying goes slowly slowy catch the worm lol.

Just remember also you can't add the interest to your claim yet .......you add that later when you issue a court summons .........as you probably will have to ...........hopefully ........then the pennies add up :lol:

Cheers!!

In the premliminary appraoch letter for repayment it states that you include a schedule of charges. Do you just print off the Excel spreadsheet or just list the date, reason and cost of charges on a seperate page? Sorry for sounding like an amateur :p.

Cheers!!

In the premliminary appraoch letter for repayment it states that you include a schedule of charges. Do you just print off the Excel spreadsheet or just list the date, reason and cost of charges on a seperate page? Sorry for sounding like an amateur :p.

We just totalled the charges up and asked for that amount .....remember not the 8% interest at this stage........ after all they have their records and you dont have to prove anything yet...thats later :lol:

In progress:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, arrived back from Norway this morning just in time for another letter to arrive from the Halifax.

They're now offering to refund me 6 months charges which totals £320. Again, they say it will be full and final settlement. :rolleyes: Obviously I'm not going to accept it, so I guess that I'll have to file against them in the courts. :eek:;)

One other thing, the letter I received today says, "I know this won't be the response you were hoping for". :D:D No s***!!

Ok folks, need a bit of advice about the MCOL proceedings.

How long does it usually take after lodging your claim for a response from Halifax? Also, if it does go to court, how long would I have to wait for a court date, and if they make a satisfactory offer, am I right in thinking you can halt proceedings? Or would you still have to go to court?

Guest bluecloud

The length of time can vary but not normally much more than a day or 2 after the claim is "deemed served".

Go to court? Hahahahahaha

The banks are scared witless of a court appearance. Yes they may appear tough but if one bankd ends up in court it will set a precedent and even worse, the true nature of costs will be revealed to the general public.

You can of course withdraw a claim at any time after lodging it but you will lose you fee. The other problem is that the bank will have already paid out - lol.

In the end, don't panic. You WILL get your money, just exercise a little patience.