British Gas. Paying half now, half next month

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Wont bore you with the facts but have received a gas bill that I cant afford to make full payment for.

The letter I have from them states that If not paid by 8th July then someone will come round to disconnect. I can afford to pay 50% now – 50% next month.

In your experience will they be fine with that?

Thanks

chris

Double check it is an official reading ,or estimated, if estimated then work out true amount owing,

Check you have not been charged more per unit than last bill,

as i have just been ripped off by £1600 so beware.

It takes a long time before you get cut off, so dont worry too much , but do make payments and let them know what you are doing, it will go on file and you wont get any more letters.

Hi there, i had a large bill i couldnt afford to pay. they have accepted a monthly payment for these arrears and future bills. to an amount i can afford. just explain what you can afford and they should be fine.

If you only pay 50% now they will still come around (and charge you for the privilege).

Pay what you can afford and get them to put you on a monthly payment scheme, then cancel it when you can afford to pay the remainder of the bill (even if that is only next month).