jade vs HSBC

jadebarton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't panic it's a standard thing. Buys them a little more time, nothing more.

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there everyone. well today i received the letter from DG solicitors asking me to sign the confidentiality letter for payment of the whole amount requested. Can anyone thats been here help me with a letter to them??

Also ive just read on another thread about them then using the refunded money to pay off some other debt with them. It was a couple of years ago and i dont think that i owe them anything else but you never know so i need to put something in there about receiving it to me in a cheque form.

Also what about time limit. I think becuase they defended they had extra time but i dont think theyve got that long left so what happens if we reach the deadline and everything isnt sorted by then not becuase they not paying up but with the time it takes back and forth with letters.

Basically where do i go from here????

thanks

Jade :-)

Try this:

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham B15 1QZ

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

[DATE]

Dear Sirs

Re: [YOUR NAME] –v- HSBC BANK PLC

[COURT NAME] County Court, Claim No. [CLAIM NUMBER]

Your reference: [THEIR REFERENCE FROM THE LETTER]

Thank you for your letter dated [DATE], offering an ex-gratia payment of £[AMOUNT] in full and final settlement of the above claim.

I am willing to accept the above offer in exchange for terminating this action, however this is subject to the following conditions:

1. I do not accept your request for confidentiality. Such a request would require a separate contract between both parties, which would, in turn, require irrecoverable time and legal costs to be incurred. In addition, I am mindful of the fact that certain information may be made available by the County Court to third parties, either under standard disclosure procedures, or the Freedom of Information Act, so therefore I would not be able to guarantee the confidentiality of information contained in this case.

2. Payment must be made, by way of cheque or bank transfer, in cleared funds, within 14 days of the date of this letter.

I trust that this is acceptable to both you and your client, and look forward to your confirmation that payment has been arranged.

Yours sincerely

etc

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------