• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya simon just read your story god it puts my problems into perspective it really does still im sure you dont want sympathy just alotttt of support from all at the abbey support group and that youll get frrom us all on here where a close bunch and well all support you were we can please be strong and in no time well be celebrating your win against them cos if i can do it any one can see ya later love to you and all your family xxkia

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon,

Kia asked me to post this for you as she doesn't know how. Hoe it helps.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/76179-kia-another-abuse-strike.html?highlight=Kia+abuse+trike+out

Hi

Thanks for that, will be reading it asap!

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

Hi there Simon,

You bet I took a copy of the cheque mate.......I'm gonna show it to the Judge on Thursday......how can they write a cheque before they've even sent the letter offering settlement.....must have been pretty sure of themselves.

I love your humour.....made me laugh so much. When you have a long term illness, it's good to be able to laugh....GOOD MEDICINE...I call it!!

Will keep checking in......my second thread is up now...Round 2 Go get 'em!!

Hi Anita

It certainly is good medicine, have just been givien the link for Kia's thread, so I am looking forward to reading that later and checking out Round 2. Please leave a crust in Shabbeys account for meeeeee! and the rest of us poor relations who havn't won yet will you??

Anyway I think I'll convert everybody into calling you Oliver now........Please Sir, can I have some more!!!!!

I bet the Chief Executive Officer at Shabby even looks like a cross between Fagin and old Ebeneezer.....:eek: .....can just see him set there in candlight at the front of the room on his big wooden desk, counting all OUR money that he's nicked!!........Well I hope he gets bloody woodworm!!!:lol:

I'm so glad they didn't ask for a gagging order, cos if they ask me WHEN I WIN! I'll tel em to f*@!#?f with a f*£%$*g cherry on the top!!!!!!!

Speak soon thanks for your support!

Hi Simon

read your thread and can't really add anymore than what's been said already.

I wish you all the luck and will read your thread with interest.

Give it to them !!!!

Glad:p

Simon,

That is just the most amazing story, and beautifully written as well................:)

Well done for keeping your sense of humour after all that has happened to you.

This is a strange place..................everyone has a story to tell, but people are hugely supportive and encouraging,so keep visiting and posting.

Keep telling us your progress in both your claim and your condition, and you'll find everyone will help you every step of the way:)

Good luck, and don't, whatever you do, let go of that sense of humour of yours:)

Hi Charley

Thanks for your words of encouragement. It is a strange place here..........which explains while I feel so at home.

I need to read your thread Charley as I do with so many people on here. You have all inspired me and helped me to carry on when I've had a bad day or 2 and thought about giving it up, so thank you all!

Hi Simon

read your thread and can't really add anymore than what's been said already.

I wish you all the luck and will read your thread with interest.

Give it to them !!!!

Glad:p

Hi

and thanks for that. How are things going for you, with your claim?

Hi Everyone

I have finally got caught up and replied to everyone I think!

I just want to say a big big thank you to everybody who has posted on here and for your kind words of encouragement.

Please, please , please if I can help anyone at all, ask! I am no expert and still learning but I will support you all if nothing else.

Thanks again all of you

Hi

just trying to sort out AQ- bloody knightmare.Abbey like to make you work for it don't they!Just wish it was all finished.

Please let me know if I can help you at all.

Simon. I just wanted to say 'Hi' and say well done for being able to keep hanging in there for your family despite of all your problems. My own story is that I experience some really bizzare visual problems which is effectively like having a perminant migraine which has gone on for the last 2 years with no sign of a definative diagnosis let alone a cure! I haven't been able to work and so I've relied on savings and selling stuff off. But having read your story I realise that my problems could be so much worse (don't mean to be cruel with that comment - I just mean it in the if you can get on with life there's no way in the world why I can't sense).

I haven't much practical support to offer, but hang in their 'cos we will get the buggers in the end! Stay strong!

Best of wishes

:) Captial One - Won!

:) Egg Card - Won!

:confused: Abbey National - Stayed pending Test Case Judgement

Simon. I just wanted to say 'Hi' and say well done for being able to keep hanging in there for your family despite of all your problems. My own story is that I experience some really bizzare visual problems which is effectively like having a perminant migraine which has gone on for the last 2 years with no sign of a definative diagnosis let alone a cure! I haven't been able to work and so I've relied on savings and selling stuff off. But having read your story I realise that my problems could be so much worse (don't mean to be cruel with that comment - I just mean it in the if you can get on with life there's no way in the world why I can't sense).

I haven't much practical support to offer, but hang in their 'cos we will get the buggers in the end! Stay strong!

Best of wishes

Hi Alex

I am sorry to hear about your illness it must be a nightmare for you:o , I suffer from migraines (am on suppressant tablets) but obviously not to the scale of your illness. I just mean I know what they are like and I couldn't imagine living with it on a permanent basis:( .

Please don't think that your problems are any less important than anybody elses.......thry are not!

Do you have your own thread?

How is your case going?

Please let me know.

blimey simon u have been busy haven't u!!!!! (fingers sore from typing yet)? :D

U're threads catching up with mine re: number of pages (A TIP: u dont have to thank everyone seperately, just put one big shout at the bottom and we'll hear ya)!!! ;-)

all the best

Bonnie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL Bonny! I quite liked the personal touch myself. :p

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

LOL Bonny! I quite liked the personal touch myself. :p

deedee

After a few months on here and typing 90,000ish msgs u soon start shortening it, believe me, lol!! :grin:

After this if i never c another keyboard again it'll b too soon!

bonnie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After a few months on here and typing 90,000ish msgs u soon start shortening it, believe me, lol!! :grin:

After this if i never c another keyboard again it'll b too soon!

bonnie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bonnie

I actually enjoy thanking people, I know I don't need to though. I have allways had a problem with trying to make it 'short n sweet' I just can't I've allways been thorough with everything, sometimes I wish I wasn't it!

I am so glad I found this site, it has given me a new lease of life. It is great being able to do a little to help other people.....hopefully my keyboard will last till Shabbey get their finger out of their, no stop it swearing isn't nice, oh sod it a$#e! there!

Simon:-)

Hi Everyone

A bit late catching up tonight........:!:

Well another day goes by and sod all from the court or Shabbey. I wouldn't mind but we live in a flat (see the sea from the front, the castle from the back), but the bad news is 3 flights of stairs to get the post. I go and get it as I don't get out everyday so it is some exercise at least! Just takes 10 minutes..........It is a real bummer when you get there and there's not even a bloody bill to read when I stop on the way back for a rest! Could do with a coffee shop at the halfway point!

Anyway back to the point......thank god for that I hear you all say.......I went online banking today.......

I am not going to get angry though......

I am sure they are very nice people at the Shabbey.......

Except for all the turds that work there........which to my calculation leaves about.....Errrr......it's a hard one (no rude comments!).....I know absolutely bloody None!!!!!

They put their poxy interest charges on yesterday just short of £24 which took me over my limit.......so thats £20 then......could it be worse....yes the b#?$*@#'s haven't taken off 2 debit card transactions, that I made on Saturday! One for bloody printer ink (£25) and one for £5.99 in Woolies. So that will be another £70 in clearance fees = £90 charges next month then...:-x ...why do they have to be so f#?$+$g inhuman...:? ... (Sorry for the language). It just p's me off!!!:-x!!!

We get just over £400 a month to live on, our electric is £80 a month without anything else.

Ok I went over my limit but if they apply the debit card transactions before adding their interest, it costs me £20 not £90......but no kick the guy while he's down........ more bubbly for the boardroom!!!! I hate them, I really hate them with such a passion it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind I have a lovely appointment with the DWP doctor in the morning at 09.30, so they can decide what job I can do:eek: . Do they not think on the pittance they give me I would bloody work if I could.......... another set of fatherless individuals!!!!!

Oh what fun I have on this merry go round of life

My daughter has two hamsters

and I have got a wife

I used to work all day....for my packet full of pay

but now they say I'm a slob

and should go and get job

If only they could see

what E coli's done to me

and all the bank charges too

its really more than a few

I'd like to give em' a slap

cos there treating me like crap

but I'm a fighter that is me

so F*** the Abbey and the DWP!

There that feels better..........night, night everyone

if I'm not back tomorrow I've been sectioned!!!!

Simon:lol:

G'nite lovely Simon.

you keep that chin up. I've commiserated with you on my thread. Am so sleepy now so off to bed I go. I start my new job today. Hopefully the postie will bring us both good news today? Who knows but in any case take care of yourself and sleep well.

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hi Simon

I was just wondering how it went with the Grossly Patronising medic from the Department for Wewillmakeyouwork and Pahyoudontneedanymoney this morning?? :rolleyes:

Hope you're okay - let us know in your own time, but you know we are all rooting for you.

Lotsa Luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

ill join you there simon getting sectioned lol did you read my thread and has it helped hope so if you want a laugh read the charleys angels thread its getting interesting at the mo and it might take your mind off bank charges and other stuff keep your chin up and hope the family ok xxkia

Hi Jo, Kia, Anita, dee, charley and everyone else who's names I can't remember you are all FANTASTIC!

Hah! I'm Back!

Sorry for not replying indivually but I am knackered. I walked, well shuffled to the medical centre this morning. It's about 5 mins walk but a 40 minute shuffle, I was determined to do it, now wish I hadn't!!! It took 52 minutes on the return leg....wonder if I couls do the London Marathon next year????

When I got there, the receptionist thought I was dying, talk about panic. She said she hadn't seen anyone look like I did in a very long time. So I was;

a. A right mess

b. As ugly as sin

c. Making her horny!

Not sure which, don't really care. The doctor wasn't there he was stuck in a flood.........hah.........justice...........

Anyway he turned up and came to the waiting room to get me. Don't know if I still looked bad but he said he was a bit worried about me..........trying to soften me up I thought............NO He was a real nice chap.

He had been given the wrong file when he looked and called me Paul Brady.....Good old DWP....He went and got the right one and explained how things are on a point scoring scale and I needed enough points to be declared incapacitated. He asked me what was happening with my infection and I said errr.....it's 2 now actually. Told him, then went onto my heart probs and anigina, Asthma, Kidney Stones, Pylonephritis, migraine and gave him a wad with all my appointments at hosp coming up, including planned op in September!

He wrote it all down and a took a list of all my drugs, only 19 of them (33 tabs a day). He then said there was no way I should even have been called for a medical as it was crystal clear how ill I was. About time someone took some notice, he went out, came back and said thats it no way can you work, they have accepted it without completing the medical. I told him about the suspected cancer and he told them that as well. He said don't worry about a thing it will all be confirmed by Don't Want to Pay DWP in due course.

So thats that guys n girls I am now officially incapacitated and incapable of work, not that they are going to give me any more money!!!!!!!!!.........Going to claim DLA again!

Nothing in the post from Shabbey ****s Ltd. Whoops, swearing again...............must be the excitement................

Did anyone like my witty ditty, or even sh*ty ditty if you didn't??????????????????only deedee has commented so far, so let me know.........and here's another one;

The doctor said, I'm officially ill

and need to take my daily pill (33)

I doubt the DWP will think the same

has anyone there got a brain

I'd like a bit more to spend every week

but the DWP think thats a cheek

The Abbey come next they want my cash

But with the courts backing their hopes will be dashed

I hope my ditty's will make you laugh

the Abbey and them belong in the trash

with rotten tomatoes and mouldy goulash

I think we should treat them just like poo

and flush the bloody lot straight down the loo!

Where's that straight jacket......I see pink elephants......!!

Sorry Kia still trying to get round to your thread but I will, promise!

Thanks for all your continued support....new update tomorrow!

Simon

Dearest Simon.

You are a treasure. I don't know where you find the energy. I really like ditty number two where you state that shAbbey are p** (did you like my rhyming couplet?)

At least someone in officialdom has confirmed how unwell you are :mad: . My goodness there are people who are real skivvers out there who have to jump through less hoops. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of this. :(

On a brighter note your thread is keeping me so entertained. My first day at work was hard because I couldn't really check my threads. How "sad" am I? Well I'm pleased to be part of an online community that really stands for something and brings together people from all walks of life.

You are in my prayers Simon. I'm not going to get all preachy on you but I believe in God will be putting you in my prayers (when I get round to doing them ;) ).

Yes - I await tomorrow's next instalment. Let's see what ditty number 3 will bring. :)

deedee xx

My threads

Hi Dee

You are so kind to me with your words:wink: . You have really begun to restore my faith in human nature........as have all the other angels I have met on here. Just lend a helping hand to someone who doesn't have a clue because it's all new to them, I find rewarding they say a thank you and I feel great to.

There is alot of brain power running around my upstairs department...:-o ...the spirit is more than willing but the flesh is weak:-( . I think finding this site and its great people has definately raised my resolve. You have all saved me from another breakdown:o cos that is where I was headed. Now I channel my brain to help others, creating a bit of humour, cos we need that to and if there's a touch left for me thats great.

Speak soon dee and take care

Simonxxx:) xxx

Hi Simon

Well....there was me worried because you had been "quiet" all day yesterday, thinking the GP (did you like my feeble attempt at humour?) was a descendant of Hitler (!!), but fret not eh! ;)

After your knackering, and completely unnecessary trip for the medical, your brilliant brain was then working overtime again!!

Your "witty ditty's" are amazing and inspirational - sorry I didn't comment on the first one, but I assure you I thought it was great - as ever having a laugh at your own situation.

I am not going to wish you luck with the DLA claim, because you are only claiming what you so rightfully deserve, so there should be no element of luck involved; all I will wish for is that they pull their proverbial finger out and get it sorted straight away. :)

And then you take Abbey to the cleaners too!!

Keep going, keep smiling and keep entertaining! (Ever thought of having your work published?)

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: