Ccj Barnsley Court?????help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After looking at my credit file i see a CCJ from Barnsley court. This is dated 05/06/03 and for a alue of £278. (Paid)

Now i do remember this, slightly but i dont have a clue what company it was from.

If i was to go about trying to get this removed from my credit file would i be better writing to the court and asking them which company this was with and then CCA them or should i CCA the court?

Im on my way with other defaults on my file but i really have no clue what to do about a CCJ.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im still pretty new to all this.

If you paid the entire amount of the CCJ within the initial 28 days, I believe, then you should not have a CCJ against your name. Shouldn't, but it does happen.

If you did pay the entire amount then get the the case number which will appear on your Credit Reference File. Telephone the court and give them this ref. no. and they will be able to send you a copy of the CCJ that was filed at the court. And this will have the Claiments and DCA on it.

If, however, you did not pay the entirity of the CCJ within the time frame set by the court, then I'm afraid that CCJ sits on your file until 2009. :(

you can't CCA the court. You would need to do a search via the RTL Home if you don't have the claim number, otherwise ask the court.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

So if i contact the court and find out the company can i still then CCA them?

If yes and they have nothing is there any steps i can take to get the CCJ removed? (The CCJ was placed by the court)

If that doesnt work how lucky would i be if i went direct to the CRA stateing the CCJ is no longer being maintained etc etc etc?

So if i contact the court and find out the company can i still then CCA them?

If yes and they have nothing is there any steps i can take to get the CCJ removed? (The CCJ was placed by the court)

If that doesnt work how lucky would i be if i went direct to the CRA stateing the CCJ is no longer being maintained etc etc etc?

Did you argue the case? was it sent to an old address? Hard to say until you have the court claim.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I heard about the CCJ a couple of months after it all happened. I was in the Army and not home. When i contacted them i paid it in full straight away but was told sorry you are over the 28 days.

As far as i recall i did not recieve any paperwork before the court case and if i did the chances are my girlfriend at the time dumped them.