• Tweets

• I am heading over to hers tomorrow so I will find out.  Will there be something written in the agreement or does it depend on the agreement its self ? Just so I know what to look for, so I can provide as much information as possible on here. 
    • The answer to this is going to depend on what the agreement your friend signed says. Or contact the housing provider and ask them.  
    • Thank you all for the responses, to answers a few questions  - she has had the car since Jan 23 on a 5 year term.  - She is unsure what the agreement is called, but at the end she has the option to make a payment to "buy" the car - she recieves benefits for her young children alongside the ssp (normally she would be on NLW for a 16 hr a week job)  - Yes she would like to keep the car  She has not responded to the last email from them asking her to call and it'll be followed up in an email. I told her to hold off until atleast Wednesday so I can read a few posts on here and get some more information.  I will ensure she follows up with a letter, that has not been signed but instead her name written.   Thank you  
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo I'll use that. @FTMDave Yep im going to do just that and calmly enjoy the process that follows.    Whats the deal with the quote thing? Is it causing an issue for the site or just an annoyance.
    • Hello, *posting on behalf of my friend, I'll provide as much info as possible*  During a pretty low point my friend moved into a social housing property, it was in a area with no family/friend connections so she started to look for a mutual exchange. She found one, signed the paper work and thought everything was okay.  She has now decided she does not want to go through with the mutual exchange. Is she legally allowed to pull out after signing the paperwork or does she have to commit to the move? Thank you,
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Provident personal Credit sent this CCA in response to my request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know of a template letter that i could use to write to Provident highlighting the fact that this CCA is flawed with regards to the incorrect amounts stated and the missing "prescribed terms". Dont know how to make them aware that i dispute the amounts, as they still havent contacted me directly, everything is being done through CK Edrupt.

Suggestions on a postard please...

Han x

• If Wishes Were Horses...
  • Hannahbtw Vs Woolwich ~settled in full! £2248.87~8/6/07
  • Hannahbtw's OH Vs Natwest~ settled in full! £2155.35~5/7/07

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act section 77.

I am pleased to see that you confirm this as a true copy of the original agreement executed by ourselves on the (date).

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to regulation 65(1) of the Consumer credit Act and is therefore unenforceable under section 127(3) of the same act.

As this is the case I will of course be making no further payments on this agreement, any further action on your part to enforce will be vigorously contested.

Any earlier actions relating to sharing of data with credit agencies or defaults should immediately be removed.

I shall also be considering further action to recover unlawfully applied interest and charges that have been levied on the “Agreement”.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rory32,

Thanks for that brilliant letter. Its a wonder that i still cant come up with stuff like that on my own...but trying to put pen to paper re these creditors just makes my head whirr with useless bits of info that are often entirely irrelevant!

Thanks for putting what i wanted to say into plain english!

Letter winging its way to CK Edrupt Towers later on today..

Cheers hun,

Han x

I didn't get round to writing that letter yesterday, but had a surprise in the post this morning from CK Edrupt, so it wasnt so bad.

I'd sent a request to Provident asking for the agreement and statement of account, etc, bearing in mind that i'd already received the agreement as posted above from CK Edrupt. was thinking that Provvy would provide me with the same agreement...

This is the reply (not from Provvy..but from their solicitors):

Without Prejudice

Dear Hannahbtw

Re: Provident Personal Credit Ltd and Yourself

Outstanding Balance £1572.00

Thank you for your letter dated 11th June 2007 addressed to our Clients.

Our records show that we did respond to your previous letter and we enclose a copy for your information.

We enclose further copies of the agreements, which confirm your liability for payment and therefore we consider that there is no reason why payments should be refunded.

In the circumstances, although our Clients are entitled to recover the balance shown above, we are advised that they are prepared to waive this right and not pursue this matter any further on the condition that this settles all claims in this matter.

If we receive no reply within the next 21 days, it will be accepted that you agree to this and we will close our files.

Yours faithfully

C.K. Edrupt & Co.Solicitors

It was an actual signature too...no computer-genarated scribble! i feel priviledged! lol!

However, is this letter the end of it? It wouldnt be able to be used in court would it? As they've put "without prejudice" at the top. So what is stopping them from trying to push for the repayments through the courts at a later date?

Should i send a reply to this letter, or just leave it and hope they stick to their word after 21 days and close their files?

I am wondering if this letter is enough to confirm that the account is now settled or do i need to ask for something else in writing from them?

Suggestions?

Thanks for all the help so far peeps!

Han x

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to regulation 65(1) of the Consumer credit Act

Sorry Han I made a mistake it should be regulation 61(1).

I am wondering if this letter is enough to confirm that the account is now settled or do i need to ask for something else in writing from them?

I would say you've got the result you wanted Han.

Without Prejudice

The basic meaning is 'without loss of any rights'. It is a term used when two parties are in dispute, and one makes a settlement offer to the other. It puts 'without prejudice' on its offer to make it clear that the settlement offer should not be construed as a waiver of rights. Importantly, communication marked 'without prejudice' cannot be used in evidence in court proceedings if the attempts at settlement fail and the dispute comes to court.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

This is from a legal fact sheet on the use of without prejudice:

Commonly, you use ‘without prejudice’ if you are making an offer to settle a dispute that you don’t want used against you in court as an admission, or as evidence of what you are prepared to pay as compensation, if the other side refuses your offer.

Thanks dom! I'd have a great weekend if i didnt have to work both days of it! doh!:( But at least this is one (of many!) creditors out of the way!:)

Rory32, good job i didnt send that letter in the end;) i dont know...all these regulations, subsections, rights and wrongs..lol..its no wonder im confused..and you're quite within your rights to make a lil error every now and then. thanks for your advice throughout this thread, its always invaluable to normal peeps like me, just trying to get by and play these DCAs at their own game. Many thanks!

Han x

Congratulations on your win....................:)

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Thank you very much Josie! and thanks for your valued input in this thread. its due to all of the shared knowledge on here, that DCAs like Provvy are backing off and admitting defeat!

Many thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread.

Han x

:o:o well done!!

we have moorcroft chasing us for a provvie debt. it was one we weren't going to bother asking for a CCA as we remember signing our lives away.

but after reading your post, im going to print one off right away.

well done again, and i hope you have further success with any other DCA's trying their luck.

Just as a side issue, can the witness signature and and the authorising signature be the same person? ie The agent...?

Hmm...thats a very good point..

Just looked at my "agreement" again and noticed this. well spotted dmd!

Rory? Anyone? can it be the same peep signing both?

Han x

we have moorcroft chasing us for a provvie debt. it was one we weren't going to bother asking for a CCA as we remember signing our lives away.

but after reading your post, im going to print one off right away.

Go for it gypsumsif! Can't be shy where these DCAs are concerned you know;)

So far i've had only good news as a result of 4 CCA requests!

Best of luck with yours:)

Han x

• 2 years later...

Hi

I hope somebody can help me, I took out a provvy loan and after visiting the local CAB for help with my debts, they stopped sending round my agent and that is the last ive heard from them (even see my agent in town and asked her to call but she said she wasnt allowed) I have now received a letter from CK Edrupt solicitors asking for payment in full of £814.35 or £129.59 and weekly payments of £6.46. Neither of which I can afford the lump sum payments.

Please can anyone advise me on what to do next?

Regards

asm1970 :confused:

I have a provi loan,lost job so had to stop paying what they wanted.Agent and her boss got ****ty so its now gone to in house debt team because basically they would not agree on me paying 1 a month.

Now after reading how the courts hate their interest rates im being a devil and paying them sod all,they can dance for their money.

Lets see if they do take me to court....i will await the ccj:grin:

Provident rarely take anyone to court due to their previous problems with judges and their high interest rates. They prefer their low comission paid agents to try and do their dirty work for them. The agents soon give up when they realise they won't make any money out of visting/calling you. They then move on to easier and more profitable "customers".

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• 1 month later...

i everyone provident never take anyone to court i know i worked for them agent was told not to call after she was not paid for 6 weeks and the debt was passed to debt collection agecy after19 weeks if agent had a lot of bad payers it took the quality of thier book down and they were rapped over the knuckles for it so the manager told them to stop calling dont worry about them pack of dishonest dirt and thats putting it mildley if anybody needs any advice about provi just ask

hi discod if you are passed on to dca never phone them put everything in writing and do not accept thier phone calls dca will not take you to court either because when provi sell they do not give dca credit agreements they destroy them it would take dca more money to take you to court and mabye lose the case never be scared of these people they are lowlife and like to see u running scared

hi discod if you are passed on to dca never phone them put everything in writing and do not accept thier phone calls dca will not take you to court either because when provi sell they do not give dca credit agreements they destroy them it would take dca more money to take you to court and mabye lose the case never be scared of these people they are lowlife and like to see u running scared

Ta very much,ive dealt with DCA's in the past and have won a few CCA claims all thanks to this site,always heard Provident were scared to take to court because of the huge interest rates and this confirms it.

Ta xx:D

hi discod if they toke u to court the judge will not look at the debt unless the interest rate is taken off but they never do my daughter had loans with them and when i left she stopped paying that was 5years and never heard anything since so dont worry about them i had customers that paid a £1 a week and they sent it in to the office by postal order

hi discod if they toke u to court the judge will not look at the debt unless the interest rate is taken off but they never do my daughter had loans with them and when i left she stopped paying that was 5years and never heard anything since so dont worry about them i had customers that paid a £1 a week and they sent it in to the office by postal order

Fabulous :D:D

ok have now had a letter from their in house solictors so what next? I did ask for a CCA which they did send but i have not looked at it properly.

What should i look out for that would make it not stand up in a court of law.

I know people say they wont take you to court but im assuming now the solictors will indeed go and seek a court order then il get those blue forms from the courts,what do i do pleasexxx