• Tweets

• sorry I have been confused by Statute Barred meaning. I thought with Statute Barred the debt cannot be chased 6 years after you have stopped paying.  Originally I set up a payment arrangement with all the companies around 2008 when things went horribly wrong. At that time the payment arrangement was with the original creditors.  I still have one of the original creditors who I pay each month (Cap1). I thought that if you make a payment arrangement you have to stick to that situation throughout. Also, MDR (Moorcroft) have been taking a monthly payment on behalf of M & S Bank for about 5 years. When I sent MDR a CCA request I got a copy of the original agreement sent to me directly by M & S Bank about 5 weeks after my CCA request. Sorry for my ignorance but would you suggest I stop paying all including Cap1 who are the original creditor? TIA
    • London1971 without divulging too much into his mental health he has issues regarding anything to do with government and so is it ok to fill the forms provided and what do I put on there  thanks  
    • Dear all, I am hoping for some advice/guidance on this matter. I received a LoC dated 12/04/24 and replied to this on the 2/05/24 disputing claim with the following reasons: 1: [Inadequate Affordability Assessment]: I contend that your institution failed to conduct a thorough assessment of my financial circumstances prior to approving the loan. As a result, the loan amount and repayment terms were not suitable for my income and financial situation. 2: [Unsustainable Repayments]: The repayment schedule imposed by the loan agreement placed an undue burden on my finances, making it impossible for me to meet my other financial obligations without experiencing significant hardship. 3: [Lack of Transparency]: Your institution did not adequately disclose the risks associated with the loan, including any potential increases in interest rates or fees over the loan term. I also added the following: Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations, lenders have a legal obligation to conduct thorough affordability assessments and ensure that loan agreements are suitable for borrowers' circumstances. I hereby request that your institution: 1: Conduct a full investigation into my claim of irresponsible lending. 2: Provide me with copies of all documentation related to the loan application and approval process, including affordability assessments, credit checks, and correspondence. 3: Cease all collection activities related to the loan until this matter is resolved. Yesterday i received the attached reply via email and it included: 1: The Original Loan agreement 2: An account statement 3: A copy of a default notice letter. The email included a link for a direct debit set up page where you enter their reference and your bank account details (looks like a standard D/D set up page) but there is nothing to indicate the amount of the D/D that I might be agreeing to. I also think two days response time is not long enough to appropriately reply. Any thoughts appreciated   Email-compressed.pdf
    • Easy to set one up on Gov.uk , search on Google.
    • Hi London  he doesn’t have government gateway. Should we do it via post?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

overdraft problem...

kjduct
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have four accounts with shaby and my wife and I are clainming on all four, but one account has an overdraft of £400 and abbey are sending it to a debt collector....

We are thinking of writing a letter explaining that while we are going through with these claims (over £5000!) we are not willing to pay this back until these are resolved...??

Im not to sure this a good idea so any help and advice would be great!!

cheers

:-)

Im not to sure this a good idea so any help and advice would be great!!

cheers

:-)

Hi! Have you started the process of claiming? If yes send them something like this.

Dear xxxxxxx

ACCOUNT NUMBERxxxxxxx

As you should be aware, I have recently disputed the balance of my current account on the grounds of unfair and unlawful penalty charges which have been levied against me.

As this account is in dispute, I have stopped payments going in or out of them until the issue is resolved although as a gesture of goodwill I will make a monthly payment of £xx starting xxxxxxx. Section 13.6 of the Banking Code clearly states that you may only pass details of my debts to the credit reference agencies if the debts are not in dispute. As previously stated, I have disputed these debts in writing, and the letters were received by you on xxxxxxxxxx.

I would also like to mention that I am both shocked and appalled by the fact that you have decided to impose more unlawful charges on my account when it is in dispute.

I would like to remind you of The Office of Fair Trading Code of Guidance in which it states: putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive This includes: Ignoring disputes about whether money is owed and refusing to freeze action if the debt is in dispute. I would also point out that Section 13.6 of the Banking Code clearly states that you may only pass details of my debts to the credit reference agencies if the debts are not in dispute. I hope to receive your full co-operation in this matter and would like to request a written response to that effect.

I would therefore be grateful if you would stop any charges on my accounts until my dispute is fully resolved, at which point I will pay off any outstanding balance. If you persist in imposing any further punitive charges on these accounts, they will be included in the amount I am claiming from you, and I will be forced to seek a court injunction to prevent you from taking any further action. I would also like you to take note that I will only correspond with you on these matters in writing.

Yours faithfully,

Hope you might find this useful

Andy

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

cheers for the replys!

I think I will go with that letter after all they can say is no!

nice one!!

:D

where would we all be without this site and the great people here to help us out, look forward to donating on each of our 4 claims!!

:p

I have an o/d for £4800 & they have told me they are not renewing the o/d after 1st July. I refuse to pay anything back until they have settled my costs claim. Would I be right in thinking they can't do very much about that

• 4 weeks later...

well we sent the leter suggested in this thread, and its been two weeks and nothing from abbey either acknowledging our letter or them demanding the overdraft back so dont know if its good news or bad news.....

but we got a settlement letter offering £375 when our claim is for £3800....

we have rung and told them we do not accept this but they are saying they are giving it to us without predjudice.....

any one care to help with what we should do take money or will this affect our claim at court?? or anyone has this happen??

cheers as always:)

any one care to help with what we should do take money or will this affect our claim at court?? or anyone has this happen??

You will need to write to Abbey and reject the offer there are five or six letters in the link below chose the one that best suits your claim,

Don't worry it's standard practice for Abbey to make an silly offer, sometimes they will pay it into your account other times they won't so again don't worry.

As long as you send the letter saying you accept as part payment you will be fine

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

once again many thanks!!

I will use the template relevant to our case and then finally get court dates for our 1st of 4 claims against abbey...

cheers;)

Hi all,

just another quick question....

has anyone put in any letters to abbey that they are open to offers on there settlement??

it would settle an arguement wiyth the missus!!

she thinks it looks amatuerish and you wont follow through with court action....

I think it might make abbey thnik they could save a few quid and offer enough to make you stop court action...

so come give me the bad news!!

In the start off, you are asking for your money back, at this stage, the most that they will offer is about 10%, dont bother trying to negotiate after that, it looks like desperation and they wont answer you anyway lol. The generally have stopped talking to people until a court date is issued.

Hope this is helpful

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

firstly, andypal,

I've been looking all over for this letter and boy oh boy did I find it at the right time. thankyou for that.;)

kjduct, don't try and negotiate as they will have you by the doobies and will probably squeeze so hard you'll have to give in.

Remember what could you have done with the money at the time if they had'nt taken it? that direct debit / standing order for £2 which put you 2pence o/d and was returned at a cost of £20-35 (depending on bank) and STILL had to be paid so that £12 cost you £32-47 later because they took the money you did'nt have when they could have paid it and just charged you a couple of quid extra!!!!:mad:

add that all up by however many you were charged for and in more cases than before thats a good family holiday AND if they had'nt charged so many times thats a better outlook on your credit scoring!!!! You could get that mortgage at the TYPICAL rate NOT as I have endured and had to get a mortgage at a higher rate due to past credit history and in the future it may help more people realise that their not alone in their fight for equality. Shame on the banks.:mad:

hope you succeed but DON'T barter with them you will end up losing, remember it's YOUR money they are saving for a rainy day, and with the weather recently it looks like more rain on it's way so get your brolley out.

Let your other half know that it's the best thing and things don't happen overnight.;)

My missus was the same but she's got the bit between her teeth and as they say you've got to speculate to accumulate. Think of the money they owe you and get it back.:D

Regards

chris