Postcon v Barclaycard

postcon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 10 days ago and received the Barclaycard statements going back until 2004. According to Barclaycard, the rest of the statements are stored on microfilm and will take 6 weeks or so to process.

Should I wait the 6 weeks for the microfilm data and then send the LBA? Am I correct in assuming that I only claim the charges like "Late Payment Fee" "Exceeding Limit Charge" etc and not the interest that has been charged every month? Please help....any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

No, don't wait. This is a delaying tactic that most of us on here have had to deal with.

Stick to your timetable. Near the end of the 40 day period for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) send them an LBA for Data Protection Non Compliance (Letter in templates library) . Many people are experiencing 50 days+ because of the delays.

There are a few threads on here for people that have ended up having to take Barclaycard to court for non-compliance (and won). When I find them I will add the links.

B'card state that they don't have to comply in 40 days as their microfilm system is not a system covered by the DP Act. It is! Just more delaying tactics.

You are correct in assuming you can claim "Late Payment Fee" "Exceeding Limit Charge" etc however it is possible to claim the interest on these each month. Try looking for some threads on claiming contractual interest. Again i will try to find a few links for you. Hope this helps

Non-Compliance link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Thanks a lot for the detailed post. Appreciate it.

No, don't wait. This is a delaying tactic that most of us on here have had to deal with.

Stick to your timetable. Near the end of the 40 day period for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) send them an LBA for Data Protection Non Compliance (Letter in templates library) . Many people are experiencing 50 days+ because of the delays.

There are a few threads on here for people that have ended up having to take Barclaycard to court for non-compliance (and won). When I find them I will add the links.

B'card state that they don't have to comply in 40 days as their microfilm system is not a system covered by the DP Act. It is! Just more delaying tactics.

You are correct in assuming you can claim "Late Payment Fee" "Exceeding Limit Charge" etc however it is possible to claim the interest on these each month. Try looking for some threads on claiming contractual interest. Again i will try to find a few links for you. Hope this helps