Second Hand Car Dealer Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post which is a bit long but it has all the points in there, the car in question is a RENAULT MEGANE SCENIC 1.6 S REG with 85000 on the clock.

I bought a second hand car from a local dealer on the 14/05/07, I had had the car checked by a local garage not far from the dealer who found some fault that the dealer said he would sort out, which to my knowledge he has. The problem started on the morning of 15/05/07 when the head gasket blew on my way to work, I returned the car to the dealer and at the time also reported a squeaking coming from the passenger side front wheel, he said he would look at that while the head gasket was repair. The car was returned on the 18/05/07, the dealer said he could find nothing wrong with the wheel and that it was proably dirty in the brakes and see how it goes. When I drove the car home I noticed one of the engine tappet was loud which it wasn't before it went in for repair. The noise from the wheel got worse and developed into a knocking noise so I took the car again to a local garage who said the noise was coming from the wheel bearing or the CV joint. I took it back to the dealer on the 05/06/07 and told him what the garage had said and was told to return the car on the 08/06/07 for repair which I did. I got it back on the same day and drove away, the noise had gone. on the 11/06/07 after a weekend away in the car covering 160 miles the noise was back as bad as ever. I have taken it back to the dealer today 12/06/07 with a list of everything I have noticed wrong and have been told to return the car on the 14/06/07 for repair, the dealer does seem to be getting a bit irriated with seeing the car again. Thats as far as I have got, I'm really at my wits end with this, I have two children who have to be taken to places and borrowing cars from people isn't ideal.

What rights do I have? and what should I do next. Should I contact the previous owner and ask them what the car was like?