RBS are threatening to turn up at my house next week

Shally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just when I thought everything was going quiet I received this card in the post today saying that an RBS rep will be turning up on the 21st June.

What should I do call? call them they have left a number.

Shally

Hi

Just when I thought everything was going quiet I received this card in the post today saying that an RBS rep will be turning up on the 21st June.

What should I do call? call them they have left a number.

Shally

why are they turning up at your house?

Dont do any thing.

IF and a big one at that that they do turn up dont answer the door, tell them they are tresspassing and you are going to call the police and if they dont leave then definately call the cops. They have no right whatsoever to come to your property without your express permission.

Dont call the number on the card, thats what they want you to do! Play them at thier own game. Let them come because if it ever goes to court you can use that as harrassment as well as showing they have breach the OFT debt collection guidelines.

I have postcards from MBNA saying they 'we are going to call on **** date' misleading or what!!!!! At first i thought they were coming round so i called the number, but then i realised that that is why they sent the card, to scare me into to calling them...W****ers.

I also had a woman phone me to tell me she was on her way round to my house!

It's really disgusting how much they play around with us.

I live on my own but have a very demanding job therefore not around much, HOWEVER my mum is at my place most days looking after my dogs and I'm so scared they turn up while she is here as I've not told her my problems because she is getting on and would worry more than I do about it all.

Shally

Can you post what the card actually says.

I have a good few debts with HboS for thousands and have never come across these cards from them.

Just wondering if its a debt collector pretending to be the bank

Whats the number on the card?

PAul

It might be wise to write to them saying you do not wish them to visit. Just to cover your back. I sent one to CSL on behalf of EGG when they threatened a home visit. Here is a paragraph of the letter:-

Please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a ‘home visit’, please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission: the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd (1959 2 Q.B per Lord Evershed M.R). Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless. Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

They never did visit maybe it was the letter or maybe it was just an empty threat, i will never know!

Thanks Yaffsimon1 I will use that.

I called the number and it's a company called Retail Collections, then put the phone down...:p I asume the debt has been passed to a DCA now. Nice of them to let me know:rolleyes:

Thanks Yaffsimon1 I will use that.

I called the number and it's a company called Retail Collections, then put the phone down...:p I asume the debt has been passed to a DCA now. Nice of them to let me know:rolleyes:

And if you didn't withhold your number, they also have a phone number to call now and try to find out which of their "customers" called and hung up !!

Not a good move, if you must call them, always withhold your number.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum