Subject Data Access request ignored

will_cosworth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well, I have 2 succesful claims against HSBC under my belt so far, one for me and one for my girlfriend, but I sent off my Brothers subject data access request, to Barclays as that is who is banks with, and well over 40 days have passed and they have sent nothing. What are my next steps to demand they disclose the data? :mad:

I would try ringing 0800 282 390 explain that you are in the process of sending out a http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html and was just wondering if your statements had been sent out yet . This worked for me

Hope this helps

Saint

Will

Very frustrating i know, it took 70 days to get mine. The data team are snowed under with requests for statements at the moment. Have you received acknowledgement of your request and did you include £10 cheque with you request?

I am taking them to court!

In response they put in a defense last week and then a few days later agreed to settle in full for the ££ amount of my claim however since part of my claim is that they must be ordered to comply with DPA (ie supply the charge list), I'm not budging.

Cor nlimey guv, all I want is a list of me charges, nothing more, no cuppa tea and choccy biscuit, not even a loan, just a single piece of paper listing the charges.

So far, they have taken 172 (?) days and still emailed me today to say they expect to resolve in 20 days ... I think not.

Pour me a big glass of wine!! :p

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41