new tactic letter from lloyds?

djivanhoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

got letter saying the following

"the office of fair trading has published new guidelines on credit card / bank default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the most important point is that the guidelines are about "default" charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. That doesnt apply to your charges, as these were for dealing with your request to go over your overdraft limit. They are not default charges because you have not broken your agreement. These are our prices for the service we provide in these situations"

naturally this is not the angle used when you goto the bank and you are "fined" cos your wages went in late etc, they simply say youve gone over your limit £25 charge. which simply depending on the teller you get refunded if they are having a good day or you know them well. it always been very inconsistent in my experience. has anyone else had this reply letter. whats the next stage of play please. i didnt request to go over my limit. i went over my limit like everyone else, i think we are playing with definitions here to bore me and make me discontinue. thoughts?

This is typical of LTSB "cloaking" their penalties as service charges.

This is one if the main reasons it's very important to have a copy of the T&C as part of your court bundle.

A service is ment as an "optional" extra, so where's the option not to pay it ??

As a side the OFT HASN'T commented on Bank Charges as yet only credit card ones.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Its the standard fob-off response most people get, i would just stick to your schedule and continue with the claim.

Redfaze Vs Lloyds TSB ***WON!!*** Settled out of court for full amount including interest and court costs:)