Notice To Bankrupt Of Final Meeting Of Creditors - Should We Be Worried ? Advice Plse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My O/H petitioned for bankrupty in April 2004.My mum lent me the money to buy out the beneficial interest on our house ,but everything else was seized by the receiver.

We haven't received any correspondance from the trustee in nearly 2 years, and then today, out of the blue I received a letter from the trustee advising that a final meeting of Creditors would be held on such and such a date.

It stated O/H wasn't required to attend, but if he wished to be present he would only be admitted at the discretion of the chairman.

To be honest, I have no idea what this means to us.

I assumed he was discharged from his bankruptcy, but does this mean he isn't ?

Are they investigating him maybe ?

Really worried now so would appreciate anyone with knowledge of bankruptcy to maybe offer some advice.

I considered phoning trustee but didnt want to sound stupid as I really dont know what I'm on about.

Thanks in advance

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Find out if your OH has been discharged. The OR in theory has 3 years to deal with property relating to a bankrupt person but by the sounds of this has already been done as you have bought out his share. Just phone your local Insolvency Service Office ( where the OR is based ) they will be able to answer more specifically ( I'm assuming it's the OR who's your trustee? )

Hi Powell

No,O/R isn't trustee. It was transferred onto an insolvency practioner/chartered accountant. My O/H was trading as a sole trader if this makes any difference ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

I would appreciate any further advice on this if anyone can help please ?

Thanks

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

I am not 100% sure but I believe this is the final meeting where, after all possible assets have been liquidated and other monies realised, the OR or practitioner declares what dividend the unsecured creditors will receive.

For instance if his kitty stands at £10,000 and your liabilities are £100,000 then they will receive 10 pence in the pound assuming that all cost have been met beforehand. If the costs have yet to be deducted (receivers fees are astronomical) it will be significantly less.

This should be the closing chapter of the saga rather than a reopening of your OHs case.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs