Shabbey Abbey

KRONEEEYMAN1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I HAVE WRITTEN TO ABBEY ON 3RD APRIL REQUESTING DETAILS OF BANK CHARGES.I HAVE RECIEVED FOB OFF LETTERS SAYING THEY ARE INVESTIGATING MY COMPLAINT EVEN BEFORE I GOT THE DEATILS OF THE CHARGES.I RECIEVED A LETTER TUESDAY 30TH MAY SAYING THEY HAVE REFUNDED 863 POUNDS TO MY ACCOUNT AS A GOODWILL GESTURE.

WEDNESDAY 31ST MAY I RECIEVE 6 YEARS BANK STATEMENTS AND WORK OUT THEY OWE ME 2485 POUNDS IN UNLAWFUL CHARGES

SO THEY MADE THE GOODWILL GESTURE BEFORE I EVEN GOT ALL THE INFORMATION OF THEM.

I RANG ABBEY FRI 1ST JUNE TO TELL THEM I AM NOT ACCEPTING THE 863 AS FULL SETTLEMENT,THEY SAID THEY WILL CONDUCT ANOTHER INVESTIGATION TAKING UP TO 4 WEEKS

GOT HOME FROM WORK ON FRI 1ST JUNE AND A LETTER FROM THEM SAYS THEY WANT THE CHEQUE BOOK AND DEBIT CARD BACK AS ALL THERE BANKING SERVICES HAVE STOPPPED

NICE PEEPS ABBEY

ANY TIPS ,INFO,HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I HAVE NOT THREATENED THEM WITH ANY COURT ACTION

I HAVE ONLY WROTE THEM ONE LETTER :-o

Well, I am no expert, but if ever there was a case to be investigated by the Financial Ombudsman (or similar), it's this one. I can't believe they have suspended your account before you even asked for the money back! You really need expert advice on this one - this could open the floodgates for complaints re Abbey banking practises. I would write to the Abbey complaints dept. in Milton Keynes, detailing the order of events, and threatening them with legal action and the Ombudsman, as (I believe) they have no grounds for withdrawing your account. You also need to get a copy of the Terms and Conditions relating to your account, and check if there is a clause in there regarding them breaching their own T & C's, and quote that in your letter. Also see in the T & C's what grounds they give for being able to withdraw banking services. Hopefully they have shot themselves in the foot!

Hopefully someone else on here can give you more detailed legal/expert advice, but I seriously think you have a good case and wish you the very best of luck.

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Firstly, i would open a parachute account, is your account overdrawn at the moment? if it is not and they are withdrawing banking services then you can complain to the Banking Ombudsmen who iscurrently awarding £175 for wrongful closures, now that you have your statements and i am presuming that you have filled out a spreadsheet, you can send your Letter Before Action and then take then to court.

Time to stop being nice, oh and time also to stop typing in capitals, in this internet world it is considered shouting :-), Keep posting in this thread though and let us know what is happening

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

They withdrew my O/D facility and then asked for my cheque book and card(s) back, but that was because I had opened another account and there was no money being paid into the abbey account. Is that the case with you.............?

But, I had already started court proceedings.

Hopefully someone will come on and give some advice.

Good Luck and Hang in There.

Cassie

Thanks for all your replies.i had already opened a parachute account and started having salary paid into that new account,so that is maybe why they did what they did and they called in my overdraft.However the good will gesture they paid into my Abbey account covered that.

Thank you

Gary

I would get one ,just in case.I was with abbey 23 years and they have no reguard for the time i was with them.I was so glad i opened a new account.My new bank sorted out all my direct debits,standing orders etc for me from Abbey.It was very easy .