Girlybiker V Nationwide

girlybiker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In panic mode - just been reading through my particulars of claim which was issued on 30 april, (they have until midnight Monday 5th June to file a defence) and I never made reference to my account number!!! I did however, send schedule of charges to court, and to contact at Eversheds who is dealing with my claim where I did cross reference the court claim number and my account number. Do you think this will be acceptable or are they going to defend on grounds of insufficient information. I did refer to the two previous letters and schedules already sent to Nationwide, so could my argument be that I had already provided all the necessary information?? Please let me know what you think and advise on anything you think I should do. So close to deadline don't want to give them any opportunity to stall further!!!:-|

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well finally at day 28 after Acknowledgement of Service!!! Nothing been paid in to my account as at 11am - MCOL still says acknowledged on 03/05/07, therefore no defence lodged as of yet - they have until midnight! Wondering if I should hit the judgment button at a second gone midnight or give them a further 24 hours as it states on MCOL "if defendant files a response with the court by 4pm on the same day as your request is processed the response will take priority". I have also read somewhere that if this happens it can lead to the case being delayed further!!! Any thoughts on this please?

Hi thelegend, I know your 28 days are up today as well, are you just sitting back to see what happens or have you made a last ditch attempt to talk to the solicitors to see whats happening - keep thinking maybe I should phone them but then I dont want to remind them their deadline is today just incase they have forgotton!!! What are your thoughts here and are you pushing the judgment button at just gone midnight???

...DONT push the judgement button at midnight
Already got that T-shirt!...lol...:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/94652-help-acknowledgment-service.html

if you do they can get a stay which can delay it by a further 28days!
Can be a lot longer than 28 days if U have to wait for a Hearing to get the 'Stay' removed!...;)

Update - still no defence filed on MCOL - still no money paid into my account -

Still some time to go yet but expect to see defence filed at some point as it pretty much appears to be the norm with NW!!

Hi there!

I've done the same as you. My claim was issued on the 30.05.07.

Nationwide has until 18th June to reply. Any news on your case?

Sorry, i`ve got no new news. I`m just waiting for a reply as to what ther defence is going to be on Friday8th

I know I appear outside at night

...But that's only to go to work!!!

(Which reminds me, play nice everyone!...lol...:D)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/90791-we-need-your-help.html

hey, I`m starting to get the hang of this internet malarchy!! By the time i go to to court i might even be clever enough to represent myself.

Latest update - no change - no defence listed on MCOL (doesn't mean they haven't filed as may not register until tomorrow if filed after 4pm) - no money paid into account - looks like I will have to sleep on it and check again tomorrow!

Update - well slept on it - very restless night, was checking bank account in my sleep!! However, no change - MCOL still states Acknowledged - no money paid into my account!!

Will phone MCOL as suggested at about 10.30am to see if they have filed a defence.

Anyone got any thoughts on how long I should give them until I push the judgment button - read somewhere that perhaps I should give them another 3 -4 days????!!!

Hi Girlybiker,

I have been reading the threads on here and I think you best way is to write to their Solictors Eversheds and give them another 7 days to either put in a defence or pay up, just to let them know that you are being more than generous as they seem to be ignoring you and the courts requests. There is a link on here about entering judgement by default and its not that easy I think MilktrayMan has a court link on here read the Judgement by Default first. Nationwide have until the 13th June with my claim and I've not heard anything yet or had any money put into account, they seem to be becoming quite awkward either that or they cant keep up with every claim. I will be contacting their solictors to remind them that they have until 13th June next Monday as someone had sucess this way if no defence is put or they dont pay up! Good luck!

Update - well slept on it - very restless night, was checking bank account in my sleep!! However, no change - MCOL still states Acknowledged - no money paid into my account!!]

If it has been acknowledged it just means that the NW have "acknowledged that you have filed a claim" in order to get your money you have to wait naother 28days from the acknowledgement date, THEN you will be able to enter JUDGEMENT on the NW.

Some cases dont even gothat far, but NW like to drag it out as long as possible to see if you will just give up! So, just hang on on there and you will get YOUR money back off the sheriff.

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.

Hi Stewpot,

The 28 days were up at midnight last night. Acknowledged on 05/05/07! Just checked MCOL again still no change - will ring them in a couple of hours to see if anything has come through but not yet been actioned on MCOL.

Congrats on your payout!!

just been thinking about these `terms and conditons`. Surely if the N/W or even a Judge quotes them they would have to physically produce them from when the account was opened otherwise they are inadmisable evidence. Right or Wrong ????

Hi Stewpot,

The 28 days were up at midnight last night. Acknowledged on 05/05/07! Just checked MCOL again still no change - will ring them in a couple of hours to see if anything has come through but not yet been actioned on MCOL.

Congrats on your payout!!

Just a quick word of advice - DONT PASS JUDGEMENT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS - otherwise NW will file a late defence giving them, possibly, another 28 days to make you wait.

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.

Rang Eversheds, spoke to Catherine Falvey, asked her if she knew what was happening as no defence filed yet, she asked me for claim number and then told me she had no information as of yet from Nationwide but that I would be paid back it was just a matter of waiting!!! Mentioned Nationwide outside the 28 day response period and she said it is up to me if I file for judgment but suggested I give it a couple of days!!