HSBC Loan with PPI, just finished - can I still claim?

Chips123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just finished paying off a personal loan with HSBC - 10k over 4 years.

The loan included PPI which I agreed to only because I was told at the time that this would be the only way the bank would lend me the money.

1) Is it worth pursuing this as a claim?

2) Does the fact that the loan is now paid off have any bearing on the claim?

Thanks for your advice.

Incidentally, I never made a claim on the PPI... every loan payment was made on time and loan was paid off today!

As long as it is within the 6 Year time limit there is no reason why you cannot try to recalim for Mis-Sold PPI.

If you have copies of all the documentation then I would initially write to them with a complaint regarding the selling of the PPI. If you do not have all the documentation I would advise that you obtain a copy of this by submitting a SAR to them.

Good Luck and if you need help Just shout.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Thanks, i'll send the SAR request.

I have several accounts with HSBC... credit card, current & savings accounts, loan etc - will HSBC send me all information on all accounts I have with them as a response to the SAR?

If you state that you want ALL information relating to all accounts held and provide them with account numbers etc they should supply everything.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.