us v the Abbey for £7,500***WON***

ohoh4312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

F. put the actual dates you cant attend ie from 00/00/00 to 00/00/00 inclusive. Dont bother with christmas day the courts dont open silly

Other than that looks good to me

:madgrin:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F. put the actual dates you cant attend ie from 00/00/00 to 00/00/00 inclusive.

That is what I put - just didn't post it up that way.

Dont bother with christmas day the courts dont open silly

D'OH! It was an attempt at sarcasm that obviously fell flat!

Other than that looks good to me

Cheers for the input ICY - it will go off tomorrow then.

Best regards :)

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Dont bother with christmas day the courts dont open silly

D'OH! It was an attempt at sarcasm that obviously fell flat!

So was that you silly sausage pmsl

;)

:madgrin:

nope not this time lol

Hee hee! ;)

Yes Jo - it all looks fine. Just to say, I spoke to the court yesterday and Abbey acknowledged on Monday 30/7 so I'm waiting for their defence to come in. The wait continues................

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hello fellow shABBEY sufferers...I posted this a while back on the wrong forum and have just got back to it after time away. I'm wondering how the moratorium will affect my existing argument. Abbey tried the usual time-wasting tricks, but I fear they effectively have me by the short and curlies

Still hoping.....

I'm new to all this! I wrote to Abbey back in April re charges of £440 levied on my account after I slipped over my limit by £150 while waiting for a cheque to come in. They subsequently charged a further £179 when the £440 charges pushed me over my limit for the second time...! I'm self-employed, and my income is pretty low at the moment, as well as fluctuating, and the charges swallowed up a months' worth of income in one go, leaving me no choice but to increase my overdraft considerably, and then to renew my loan for a larger amount over a longer period just to keep going...

I'm worried about going for legal action because I have both a loan of £7500 and credit card debt of £2500 outstanding, both with Abbey. I received letters from Abbey saying that they wanted to be sure they understood my claim properly, and apologising for the delay in responding ( the last 8 weeks after my original letter!). THEN they wrote saying they'd misplaced my correspondence!!! I think they're having a laugh....

What to do?>:confused:

Hello fellow shABBEY sufferers...I posted this a while back on the wrong forum and have just got back to it after time away. I'm wondering how the moratorium will affect my existing argument. Abbey tried the usual time-wasting tricks, but I fear they effectively have me by the short and curlies

Still hoping.....

I'm new to all this! I wrote to Abbey back in April re charges of £440 levied on my account after I slipped over my limit by £150 while waiting for a cheque to come in. They subsequently charged a further £179 when the £440 charges pushed me over my limit for the second time...! I'm self-employed, and my income is pretty low at the moment, as well as fluctuating, and the charges swallowed up a months' worth of income in one go, leaving me no choice but to increase my overdraft considerably, and then to renew my loan for a larger amount over a longer period just to keep going...

I'm worried about going for legal action because I have both a loan of £7500 and credit card debt of £2500 outstanding, both with Abbey. I received letters from Abbey saying that they wanted to be sure they understood my claim properly, and apologising for the delay in responding ( the last 8 weeks after my original letter!). THEN they wrote saying they'd misplaced my correspondence!!! I think they're having a laugh....

What to do?>:confused:

Hi meee.

Was it a preliminary letter that you sent to them? Please post a link to your thread too, so you don't get lost here!

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hi meee.

Was it a preliminary letter that you sent to them? Please post a link to your thread too, so you don't get lost here!

deedee

Hi deedee... I sent several letters though no threat of court action due to the position I'm in. Copy follows:

"I refer to recent default charges that have been applied to my account by Abbey after having gone over my overdraft limit by £150 over a period of several days while waiting for a cheque for £425 to arrive from a regular client.

I have been a loyal Abbey customer for six years, and have never previously had cause to complain. Whilst I accept that Abbey is entitled to make some charge for going over the limit, I believe the charges imposed on my account are unfair and punitive, and risk setting up a cycle of additional problems. As someone who is self-employed, I am dependent on my clients paying me on time. I do not want to keep adding to my overdraft limit in case a promised cheque doesn’t arrive when expected. The charges levied by Abbey on my account represent a 66% interest charge on my overdraft. How can it be justifiable to levy £440 in the first instance against an overspend of £150; then a further £179 caused by the original charges taking me over my limit a second time, and swallowing up a sum equivalent to the amount required to pay my normal living expenses over the coming month? The original overspend was not made up of wanton extravagances: to charge me £30 for each transaction even when several were under £5 or £10 seems like profiteering at the expense of the less well-off struggling to keep a head above water.

At this stage, despite recent press coverage, I have not considered looking at all charges levied on my account since it was opened. However, I do ask that you repay the full amount of all these recent charges in full, totalling £619.

Yours faithfully..." etc

A second letter was sent telling them how unimpressed I was that they managed to "lose" my correspondence.

By the way, I'm so green about all this forum stuff I'm ashamed to say I don't even know how to paste a link so I don't get lost, as you suggest.....:???: I looked for info but couldn't find out!

Hi meee.

deedee

Hi deedee...Just realised we probably bank with the same branch of Abbey cos I'm in Brixton too!

Hi mee.

Follow ICY's link to your thread. I will post there. I will also ask a Mod (moderator) to move your thread to the Abbey Forum.

Catch up with you later.

Jo - sorry for the temporary thread hijack :p

sign0101.gif

deedee x

My threads

PMSL!!! :D

No worries!

Did mean to post a reply myself, but looks like I am on everyone elses thread except my own anyway!!! ;)

Meee - welcome to the forum hun, and glad to see you are in the capable hands of Deedee and ICY. I will keep an eye on your progress too.

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi Lee, and one and all

Well, I had an interesting day today - finished up in beer garden so not too bad! :D

Received shAbbeys stupid "we are going to stay all claims and win the case and you will get nothing" letter this morning, and then after seeing that Croydon had apparently (omg u can tell I've had a beer) put a blanket stay on all claims on another thread, I took my AQ to the Court this afternoon.

My thinking was that as I had to pay £100 regardless, I would leave it till near the deadline - shades of shAbbey there??

Anyway, the lovely clerk at the Court brought her Manager out to answer my questions:

Have shAbbey submitted their AQ yet? NO, we have not received anything yet.

Is there a blanket stay on all claims at Croydon County Court? NO, we are working a case by case basis, and until we receive a directive we will not stay any claims per se; the banks may apply, and may be granted stays by the individual Judges, but there is no Order at the moment to cease all claims.

So, to be honest, I feel good but am none the wiser!

4_13_19.gif

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Thats good news i will change the list

LOL being a bit of a pain, aren't I? Sorry!

Good news is nothing in the post today.

Bad news is Zurg killed Buzz and Woody.

Jo xx :(

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Sorry all, that was a bit cryptic!

Just having to contend with 2 very upset very children. Zurg, Buzz and Woody are goldfish, of course, and according to the youngest "Buzz and Woody are fast asleep at the top of the tank."

NOT!

I suppose cleaning out the tank etc will take my mind off shAbbeys' shenanigans.

Just read "the letter" again - they are SO patronising:

.....we are asking the County Courts to stay all claims.......... A stay means the case is put on hold.

Well thanks for that - we never would have worked it out ourselves!!:mad:

Grrrrrrrrr - off to the bathroom for a funeral :D :D

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Don't ask me mate - my nine year-old got them for me!!!! :o

Seriously though I'll pm you - don't want to break the rules!!

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009