us v the Abbey for £7,500***WON***

ohoh4312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lee :)

Feeling better now - concentrating on all the things I have to do before hols has helped to take my mind off things.

I will be back in touch when I return, hopefully reading loads of good news on everyones' claims.

Take care all

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Thanks Lee :)

Feeling better now - concentrating on all the things I have to do before hols has helped to take my mind off things.

I will be back in touch when I return, hopefully reading loads of good news on everyones' claims.

Take care all

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Glad to hear you are keeping busy, that really is important.

I hope you enjoy your holiday, and dont suffer withdrawl from us too much.

Stay strong

:madgrin:

LOL ICY :D

But this didn't make me smile - bloody well received the defence today :mad:

Bog standard, signed by Willem Basson. Only bit that made me chuckle was paragraph 4:

Throughout the period that he has had the Account...........

Idiots!!

But I assume the case is not looked at until the deadline expires???? If someone could just clarify that for me I would be very grateful.

Thanks all, and best regards

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Bog standard, signed by Willem Basson. Only bit that made me chuckle was paragraph 4:

Idiots!!

But I assume the case is not looked at until the deadline expires???? If someone could just clarify that for me I would be very grateful.

Jo xx

Hey Jo!

It's good to see you more like your normal self! :D

Last time I checked you were a girl.

Hee hee

Dxx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

To my lovely Jo.

I hope you have a great holiday in Fuertaventura. Your claims will be taking care of themselves, so you make sure you have a great time with your family. Remember that thing about counting your blessings? Well I know you will. :)

I'll miss you whilst your away but hope you'll come back suitabily refreshed, ready for the next round with shAbbey. :D

Have a safe journey there and back and speak to you soon. :)

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Idiots!!

Jo xx

Hello Jo,

My case is the same as yours. My defence was sent by Juan Sedano. I then recd a letter asking if I wanted to settle for 65%. I replied by fax as I like to keep the speed up!!) and sent a copy of the same by letter (just to make sure Abbey get the info in both directions and just to ensure they get it!!) I requested they review their offer to meet the full amount claimed as I could not see in their letter how they calculated 65%. Were they stating the other 35% was the true cost of the charges? I did not get a reply so I rang to give them a chance. All I can say I felt they were tongue tied and in limbo or shock as the whole problem is a farce really. Anyway, I said if you are not giving me the full amount now I will just wait for the next stage. This is the allocation questionnaire which shortly arrived. I am now completing this with the guidance of the bank template library which is marvelous. Just put into search 'bank template Library' if you are not familiar with it and scroll down to bit you want. Please contact me at any time. Look after yourself and chill and just take each stage as it comes.

Determind

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - I'm back!

Hope everyone is okay - trying to catch up; I had 120 emails to come back to, 70 odd from CAG :D

Back to reality, with news of the test case; trying to figure out how it affects those of us that are already in the throes of litigation, :confused: but my brain still thinks it's in the Canaries!!!

Will do some more reading, inbetween umpteen loads of washing :p but if anyone can give me any advice I would appreciate it.

Since receiving the defence I have not received any sort of offer from them - should I be worried??

Anyway, going to catch up on everyones' threads now, hoping there is lots of good news out there!

And Determind - thank you for the comments and the offer of help - it is gratefully received, and I WILL be using it! ;)

Best regards to all

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Back again!

Postie just been - received my official Notice from the Court that the defence has been filed, along with an AQ to be submitted before 13th August. :(

Its the N149 Small claims track, even though the claim is for nearly 9 grand, so do I agree to remain on Small Claims, or do I ask for Fast Track?? :confused:

Really bamboozled by this - wasn't expecting it.

Off to do more reading !!!!

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi all

Sorry to bump after being away and not helping anyone else :o but this AQ business is really bothering me.

I have read loads and loads, but am really confused on what attachments I should use, and if I should go for the draft directions order as it is N149 not N150:confused:

Would really appreciate some input on this - I know I have till 13th August, but as it is school hols my time to focus on this is limited, and I would really like to get it done sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance :)

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi Jo.

It's good to have you back! :D

From what I understand you have been sent the N149 because the small claims track is deemed to be the most fair and cost-effective track for your claim, because it was disputed (defended). Small claims track

The New Stategy for Allocation Questionnaires, does make reference to both N149 and N150. So I would draft the directions as outlined in the post and attach it as shown. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires.html?highlight=Allocation+Questionnaire

Sorry I can't be of any more help. I hope some of this helps in some way.:???:

deedee xx

My threads

Awww thanks ICY and Deedee :)

Yes I had a fantastic time till last Friday - was getting the Daily Mail every day, and read about the Test Case :mad:

Questions:

I am going to file the AQ on time, if it's worth the effort, but can / will grAbbey request a stay of longer than 28 days?

Can they stay it until the Test case result?

And if the outcome of the case says, for example, that the charges should be £12, do I lose £12 from every charge that I am claiming for?

My head is buzzing, and I really don't know whether to even continue any more.

I am joining the extremely p***ed off queue I suppose!

Best Regards to one and all anyway :)

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Awww thanks ICY and Deedee :)

Yes I had a fantastic time till last Friday - was getting the Daily Mail every day, and read about the Test Case :mad:

Lord woman, you're as bad as me. I'm off for two weeks after next weekend. I hope I DO NOT buy any papers or log in via my PDA :eek:

Questions:

I am going to file the AQ on time, if it's worth the effort, but can / will grAbbey request a stay of longer than 28 days?

This is untested waters so no-one really knows.

Can they stay it until the Test case result?

Same as above

And if the outcome of the case says, for example, that the charges should be £12, do I lose £12 from every charge that I am claiming for?

LOL Jo! The things that run through your mind :p . As before this is untested waters. No-one knows what the outcome will be, so I wouldn't even try to speculate as to what the final decision might be. The general consensus is that it's BUSINESS AS USUAL with regards to our claims, so that's what we'll do. :D

deedee x

My threads

BTW Congratulations on becoming a GOLD CUSTOMER!!!

party0003.gif

My threads

OOOOOOH, I hadn't even noticed!!

Thanks Deedee - fantastic smilie as usual :)

5am!!!!!!! bit better than the normal 3am I suppose!;)

Thanks for the reply also - I was having another wobble, but I must be a Weeble (anyone remember them?), coz I haven't fallen down yet :p:D

Boys going to a friends house on Friday, so I shall do the AQ then - everyone better be prepared for lots of stupid questions!:o

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi Jo,

keep at it if you can, thanks for my message Abbey have agreed to settle at 5.5K so only lost 2K.

I will carry on helping on this site so wont go missing x x x

:eek: :eek: Thats a lot of cash to lose there mate

:madgrin:

Hi all

Boys surgically attached to Playstation :D so I have done the AQ. Can I run it by you to check I have done it correctly please?

Assuming you all said yes ;) so here goes:

A. Do you wish to postpone action etc etc NO

B. Do you want the Court transferred? NO

C. Do you agree that Small Claims Track is most suitable? YES

D. Witnesses excluding Claimant ZERO

E. Experts reports etc. NO

F. Hearing - dates when you cannot attend TWO WEEKS TIME - should I put Christmas Day down too? :rolleyes:

G. Other Information:

Please find the following attached to this AQ:

1. Section G - other information (verbatim from the new template)

2. Draft Order for directions (ditto)

This AQ and its' attachments were sent to the Defendant on 02/08/07

H. Fee - cheque (Abbey one!) written out in readiness

I. Signature

I have put my phone number, mobile number and email address in the box at the bottom.

Have I missed anything, or is this okay?

Would like to get it off tomorrow - I am going to send Abbeys' copy Special Delivery, and take the original into the Court personally.

So any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as always!

Thanks and regards

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009