T&Cs -A&L Credit Card 2003

chrissieo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have moved your thread to the MBNA forum as the A&L card now belongs to them.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone got a copy of these please

Thanks

Chrissie

Just giving this a bumb as I am having no luck elsewhere trying to find a copy of the A&L(MBNA) credit card T&Cs for circa 2001-2004

Thanks

Have you asked MBNA for a copy of them?

Apparently, they can only supply their current ones which, as far as I can gather, have been updated to keep them inside the law with regard to the difference between a charge and a penalty.

QoFxx

But you didn't sign up to the current terms and conditions when you applied for the card - you will have signed up to t&cs that were current at time of application.

Send them a CCA request - as part of this they need to supply you with t&cs at time of agreement.

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

• 2 weeks later...
But you didn't sign up to the current terms and conditions when you applied for the card - you will have signed up to t&cs that were current at time of application.

Send them a CCA request - as part of this they need to supply you with t&cs at time of agreement.

I requested my terms and conditions from MBNA(A&L) and made it quite clear that I wanted the ones from when my account was set up. I was told that those were not available as my original account was with A&L and MBNA did not have access to them. I told them I would accept the MBNA ones from when they took over the acount (2003 ish) and was told that would be no problem.

Well they arrived yesterday, and surprise surprise they are the recently updated version stating the cahrge as £12. I spoke to the Customer Advocate Office today and explained that these were of no use to me and I needed the old ones. I was told they did not keep copies of them. I questioned this and I explained that I thought by law (for audit purposes) they would need to keep archieved copies of previous T&Cs and was told they could not help me.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Chrissie

I requested my terms and conditions from MBNA(A&L) and made it quite clear that I wanted the ones from when my account was set up. I was told that those were not available as my original account was with A&L and MBNA did not have access to them. I told them I would accept the MBNA ones from when they took over the acount (2003 ish) and was told that would be no problem.

Well they arrived yesterday, and surprise surprise they are the recently updated version stating the cahrge as £12. I spoke to the Customer Advocate Office today and explained that these were of no use to me and I needed the old ones. I was told they did not keep copies of them. I questioned this and I explained that I thought by law (for audit purposes) they would need to keep archieved copies of previous T&Cs and was told they could not help me.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie I sent CCA to MBNA for my Sonycard originally with Bank of Scotland. They bought out the BOS cards and under the CCA request MBNA have to supply me a true copy of the original signed agreement and copies of any original documents pertaining to that agreement. This why MBNA are having problems they do not have the original T/C for my agreement so most of the prescribed terms are missing they tried to say that latest T/C covered the CCA. I got advice to be sure before I told them where to get off as the advice I got was the agreement as sent was improperly executed and under s127(3) is irredeemably unenforceable Also if they did find Bank of Scotland T/C they have to provide a link to the agreement.

All the best dpick:p

Hi Chrissie I sent CCA to MBNA for my Sonycard originally with Bank of Scotland. They bought out the BOS cards and under the CCA request MBNA have to supply me a true copy of the original signed agreement and copies of any original documents pertaining to that agreement. This why MBNA are having problems they do not have the original T/C for my agreement so most of the prescribed terms are missing they tried to say that latest T/C covered the CCA. I got advice to be sure before I told them where to get off as the advice I got was the agreement as sent was improperly executed and under s127(3) is irredeemably unenforceable Also if they did find Bank of Scotland T/C they have to provide a link to the agreement.

All the best dpick:p

Thanks for the advice, but can somone explain to me in simple terms exactly what a CCA is (I think I get the guist) and is there a template available for this.

Thanks

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie,

I found this address on the Abbey forum - Its for Internet Wayback Machine (archives of all sorts of stuff, like old T&C's!!).

Internet Archive

If you click on the one below, hopefully(!) it will take you to what you're looking for.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

Hope its of some help!!

Dizzy :D

Hi Chrissie,

I found this address on the Abbey forum - Its for Internet Wayback Machine (archives of all sorts of stuff, like old T&C's!!).

Internet Archive

If you click on the one below, hopefully(!) it will take you to what you're looking for.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

Hope its of some help!!

Dizzy :D

Thanks for trying Dizzy, but I cannot seem to track them on there. My account was set up in October 2001 if anyone else can help.

Thanks

Chrissie

Thanks for the advice, but can somone explain to me in simple terms exactly what a CCA is (I think I get the guist) and is there a template available for this.

Thanks

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie CCA is Customer Credit Agreement and CCA request is to obtain a True copy of your original agreement and copies of any documents referred to in the agreement. IE if your card is from October 2000 and Terms and Conditions are referred to in the agreement or issued with the agreement then the T/C they send you must be the T/C from then not the latest version (can they say you would have agreed to the latest T/C in October 2000 I think not) As in my reply above MBNA sent me MBNA T/C not the Bank of Scotland T/C for my original card.

dpick:p