A&l have lost my money!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is'nt a bank charges question, I'm claiming back from Natwest and have opened a parachute account with A&L but it's all going rather pear-shaped. I wonder if anyone can advise me on this please? New account is online, can use post office to pay in cash/cheques. Did'nt read info., properly and used paying-in slip in back of chequebook to deposit cash through PO.Trouble is, you're only supposed to use these to deposit cheques.Money still has'nt appeared in account, despite ringing every other day, and faxing copy of my receipt which clearly shows amount and correct account no.,6 days after depositing.Two days after they received the fax they assured me it would be looked into as an urgent matter. That was 10 days ago. I have been informed by a variety of staff on a number of calls that; it takes about 10 days to look into these matters;that their system is down so they can't look at the notes; that rest assured I won't incur any charges if I go into the red as I'm still in the "changing over phase" (they still returned first cheque I wrote to the payee though).;that you'd be surprised how often cash/cheques get lost in the system(!!!!!); that there is a dept.just dealing with all the lost cash and cheques.All this information is supposed to reassure me that they know what they are doing?!The last straw was yesterday when I rang to find out if a manager had rung me as promised the day before, to be met with a load of waffle from someone who did'nt appear to have anything on screen at all about this, and no-one could help me because it was a Sunday!! That made me mad! I told him to record that I was making an complaint to the Banking Ombudsman if the money was'nt in my account by midday Tuesday, followed by a visit to my local police station to report the matter on the grounds of being defrauded of £80 by A&L. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can say/do that will push the right buttons asap? Any help gratefully received. Thanks, Karen.

Karen,

Not quite following what happened.

Did you put cash in one of the envelopes and give that to the Post Office counter? Or did you hand a slip over and the cash itself to the Post Office counter?

If you handed the cash to the Post Office counter they would have entered the payment electronically - you need to raise the complaint with the Post Office where you deposited it.

If you used the envelope and effectively posted the cash to All&Pester through the post office you have a bit more of a problem, however keep complaining, they will see a deposit of some kind entered electronically.

As to the police this is not a matter for them.

After the matter is resolved make a claim for compensation from All&Pester for the inconvenience, costs of calls letters, loss of use of the money etc etc.

Good luck :D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

if you deposited money in at the post office it takes 3 to 5 days to show up in your fester account.it should show up almost immediately if done with cash at the fester branch.unless of course its the bank holls...................:p

I paid over the counter at my village post office, cash and paying-in slip.Had'nt gone back to the PO as I thought it was a matter for A&l, but I'll see what they say about it tomorrow. Thanks for your comments.