Ready for the Next Battle!!!

pieterclassens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Gary, I finally got a letter from the Guildford County Court today.

I was surprised to hear that a lot of claims that had originally been filed (inlcuding mine) in the Reigate County Court have been transferred to the Guildford. Apparently they are so snowed under they are asking for assistance from the surrounding courts. LOL.

Anyways here is the text of the letter. Please advise as to what you reckon is the best course of action to follow next.

DISTRICT JUDGE RAESIDE has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

The hearing of the claim will take place at 10:30 on the 14 June 2007 at Guildford County Court, The Law Courts, Mary Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4PS and should take no longer than 1 hour.

The following directions apply to this claim :

a) Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents upon which they intend to rely at the hearing.

b) The copies shall be delivered no later than fourteen days before the hearing.

c) The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

d) Signed statements setting out the evidence of all witnesses on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned at (a). This includes the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the witnesses are going to come to court to give evidence.

The court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

Date : 10 April 2007

So there we have it. A hearing date. What now?

Appreciate your time and help with this,

Cheers,

Pieter Classens.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, tis court bundle time. Those are the standard small claims track directions. Ensure you comply in full and within the time stated. When you do so you should find a settlement follows pretty soon after. See this thread for guidance - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html.

Any questions just shout.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

So I assume I follow the guidelines for the "Final Hearing"??

Yep - also, you have the 'standard small claims track' directions.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.