RBS Royalties Premier Account Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I am in the early stages of reading through the site and contemplating instigating the request for repayment of bank charges. However, an incident has occured earlier today with 'my bank' (huh!) that has got me thinking. About 2 years ago I took out a loan with my bank and based on the advice given at the time I was told that if I changed my account to a Royalties Premier acount I would pay smaller interest rates on the loan. Sounded great, no mention of any extra costs or fees, either verbally or in writing so I went for it. I have just incurred a bank charge of £38 for going £15 overdrawn for 3 days and noticed on my statement that there is another charge for £15. I called the bank in a rage (well, not quite) only to be told that I have been charged £15 every month for the Royalties Premier account! Is this a charge that I can also claim for? I hope it is! Any help would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately not. If you are charged a fixed fee per month for a particular kind of account these are legitimate fees for providing a service.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the advice. However, I was advised to change to the Royalties Premier account by a member of Bank staff who told me it would give me a lower interest rate on my loan repayments. She did not, either verbally or in writing, explain anything about any charges for this type of account?