MBNA C/Card so far with 10 to go?

icepop55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try now

(I put them on one of my web pages - made a mess of copying them :oops:)

Remember too, the witness statement has teh same format as the defence

IN THE xxxxxxxx COUNTY COURT

CLAIM NUMBER XXXXXX

BETWEEN

xxxxxxxxxxx- CLAIMANT

and

xxxxxxxxxxxxx - DEFENDANT

-----------------------------

WITNESS STATEMENT

-----------------------------

and "dated this xxth day of xxxx 2008" at the end after the signature.

Edited by steven4064

Hi there

Looks good to me Steven;) , i cannot believe that their grounds for slinging a case out is because you have taken advice from here, that beggers belief

so if they take a disliking to the CAB for example will they complain that the CAB arent allowed to offer legal help?

Utter nonsense isnt it,

Regards

Paul

defaultnoticeMBA001.jpg

defaultnoticeMBA002.jpg

on reading the above it is assumed that the claimant has filed in court as evidence copies of

1. credit agreement

2. terms and conditions

3. default notice

4. statements of account (march 06 to april 08)

it is suggested that a copy of the application notice for summary judgement and the evidence (as per items 1 to 4 listed above) should indeed be served on the defendant. If this has not been done perhaps the defendant should take the matter up with the local court

on researching the thread further it seems a copy of an agreement without prescribed terms has indeed been sent to you , what is the situation with the default notice ?

Edited by Vulture_Bank
wrong assumption made re application form

Tam Wing Chuen -v- Bank of Credit and Commerce Hong Kong Ltd [1996] 2 BCLC 69

PC

Lord Mustill Commonwealth,

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."

icepop

here are the 4 cases you need as well

Wilson v Hurstanger

Wilson v First County Trust

Woodchester v Swain

Kpohraror v Woolwich BS

I have added a sentence to the end of para 7 of the witness statement. If you have already printed it, it doesn't matter, but it is a quetsion you might want to ask in court.

Edited by steven4064

Gulp, that first one 104 pages !.. Do they all have to be printed off please:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

on reading the above it is assumed that the claimant has filed in court as evidence copies of

1. credit agreement

2. terms and conditions

3. default notice

4. statements of account (march 06 to april 08)

it is suggested that a copy of the application notice for summary judgement and the evidence (as per items 1 to 4 listed above) should indeed be served on the defendant. If this has not been done perhaps the defendant should take the matter up with the local court

on researching the thread further it seems a copy of an agreement without prescribed terms has indeed been sent to you , what is the situation with the default notice ?

Hi there

Inaccurate and defective default notice.Not in accordance with CCA.

The default does not give you 14 days from date of service to remedy the default. In my case I was given 13 days.

Which means its unlawful. This is set out by the (enforcement, default and termination notices) Regulation 1983 (SI 1983/1561).

Hi there

The default does not give you 14 days from date of service to remedy the default. In my case I was given 13 days.

Which means its unlawful. This is set out by the (enforcement, default and termination notices) Regulation 1983 (SI 1983/1561).

ummmmmmmmmmmmm

see

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1554866.html

PC

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."

Hi there

moreover your default notice says

We refer to the above agreement which you have entered into with us. Clause 3 of that agreement provides that you must repay immediately the amount of any arrears on the account. You are in breach of that clause because you have failed to make such payment and are seriously in arrears.

however in fact clause 3 of the current terms and conditions

it is suggested refers to key information hence we have another reason why the default notice is invalid

PC

Hi Steven

Thanks again for the infor on (cases).

It seems the 'Woodchurch v Swain' is on your Webpage Site? I can't PRINT!!!!!!

They are all on my web site. You can't print it because it's woodchester not woodchurch

Sorry :oops:

Hi Sven

So sorry I have now printed ALL.

I am having a computer nightmare at the moment? My desktop is not allowing any follow-on when clicking and therefore,it is crashing when I need to follow onto further......

So I now am using a laptop in between to try and answer further stuff!!!!

NOT WHAT I NEED AT THIS MOMENT.F>>>>>>K Computers!!!!

Hi Sven

So sorry I have now printed ALL.

I am having a computer nightmare at the moment? My desktop is not allowing any follow-on when clicking and therefore,it is crashing when I need to follow onto further......

So I now am using a laptop in between to try and answer further stuff!!!!

NOT WHAT I NEED AT THIS MOMENT.F>>>>>>K Computers!!!!

SAVE THE DOCUMENT AS A PDF ON THE COMputer then print out from there. maybe printout one page at a time if needed

PC

Hi All

Today recieved a letter from Court; NOTICE OF AJOURNED HEARING.

There (Restons) have applied to move the court hearing to the 28th July.

I phoned the court manager today to ask the date to be moved again to the 11th August for I do not return from holiday until the 2nd...

My annoyance with both(Court & Restons) is that I announce that certain dates that I could'nt make?

It seems 'Restons' are playing silly buggers and the courts did'nt check A/Q before allowing the AJOURNMENT.

I would follow up the phne call to the court mamager with a letter - always put everything in writing. Point out that they have chosen a date that you have already told thm youcan't make on your AQ.

Hi there

Hi Steven

permalink #83&84

The Reg.. bit, do I just write it as it is, or do I need the whole lot in paper form?

moreover your default notice says

We refer to the above agreement which you have entered into with us. Clause 3 of that agreement provides that you must repay immediately the amount of any arrears on the account. You are in breach of that clause because you have failed to make such payment and are seriously in arrears.

however in fact clause 3 of the current terms and conditions

it is suggested refers to key information hence we have another reason why the default notice is invalid

Hi Vulture Bank

On permalink #86, What is the connection with the above quote? I am having difficulty in trying to understand this.

Default/T&C......Could you explain please? The old brain not functioning at this moment