Moved to England....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Just need some help with the claim system!

I am now living in England having previously lived in England.

I am claiming over £5k from the RBS, and have been using my previous address, however I see on the CAG site, that I shouldn't claim over £750 in Scotland.

Sould I claim with my Eng address? My brother is still living in Sco and needs to claim 2k, should he not bother?

Thanks

Malcolm

Hello and welcome to CAG

There are different laws which affect the claims process in Scotland. The limit is a lot less than in England. Can your brother not change his address to Enland in order to complete his claim?

Other than that he can apply to the Financial Ombudsman to complain. This costs nothign and ther is no limit to the amount claimed, so in reality there is no risk to your brother at all.

If i was you i would claim from your England address.....or you can take the Finanacial Ombudsman route. But be aware this can take a little longer as they are inundated with claims at the present. But again it carries no risk, which may be of interest to you as your claim is more than the small claims limit of £5000 in England.

Begin a thread in the relevant banks forum on here, and also check out the Scotland forum too for more advice....I think there is a link in my signature.

Good luck