Request for Data

MoneyMode
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering if this part of the process is necessary?

I am a collector of bank statements and probably have them going back to when I opened the account. Presumably if I can copy all these and highlight the charges I could just send these to the bank with the Letter Before Action?

Am wondering as I have just printed off the Data request letter and will be going to the post office in a minute to send it recorded to the One Chuchill Place address.

Thanks

MoneyMode

Barclays:- Request for Data Sent 07/06/06

Hi and welcome to the site.

You really need to have a good read through the FAQs. There is a step-by-step guide and other important information.

Skipping the DPA request is one thing, but moving straight on to the LBA (Step 3) would be seen as acting unreasonably if it got to court and you'd just sent them 1 letter then started court proceedings.

In answer to your question, it's best to do the DPA request if you can because then you have record of if there is any records "manual intervention" on your account, so if they try and argue the costs are high because of the amount of work involved you have evidence to prove it is all automated.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Good point well made! I actually meant go straight to the initial letter not the LBA.

I am going to send this Data request one anyway to get things started.

Will keep you posted!

Thanks

MoneyMode

Barclays:- Request for Data Sent 07/06/06