LORRY77 Vs HALIFAX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm a newbie! Posted 2 weeks ago my first letter to the Halifax requesting statements/charges over the last 6 years,no news yet (40 days up 12th June) Will update with further news on this excellent site. I roughly estimate i have been charged around £3000 on my current account over that period of time,:mad: but will add it all up when i recieve the statements.One strange thing i must add, is that strangely yesterday i did recieve a letter from the dreaded Halifax demanding that my £600 overdraft be paid back to them in two weeks! I can't do that because of all these charges they have made me have an overdraft! Do you think they are trying to scare me? trying to grab every penny out of me before they have to pay me back the charges? Has anybody else had experience of this type of thing from the Halifax? i will be pleased to hear from anyone about it or any other advice re next steps to take with the whole process.

Good luck to all making claims, i have my fingers and everything else crossed for you all!! xx

Had experience with 2 other banks I am claiming from, but they just wanted me to review my account with them. No mention of my claim though.

Stick to your timetable and read up on what you need to do. Remember, this could go to court, so be prepared!

GOOD LUCK!

Many thanks corsicanpine for your advice. I must admit i'm a little nervous, especially after i heard that a court claim was lost in the last day or so. Does anyone know anymore details? like what bank etc?

Many thanks again and good luck!

Hi there,

If you check the letter the Halifax sent you originally giving you the overdraft you'll find it probably has an expiry date on the overdraft at which point they will review it.l

They did the same thing to me a year ago, sent me a letter advising my overdraft had expired and I had to pay back £650 in a matter of weeks. Consequently added up a few of there charges along the way...

All I can suggest is you contact them and agree a payment plan to pay the overdraft back say a set amount each week, thats what I did... this normally stops them ringing you ten times a day....

The case which went against the claimant was against Lloyds. there is a thread on here somewhere that explains the judgement in detail.

It can be seen from this that anyone thinking of taking on their bank, should not do so lightly. They must understand that the case could go before a court and that you need to understand what you are actually claiming for and under which laws or statutes.

The best advice is to read, read, and read again. Knowledge is power.

In the meantime, dont worry about that and stick to your timetable and make sure you follow the advice found on this site.

Once again GOOD LUCK!

By the way, I started my claim against the halifax in February and received full payment last wednesday, 18 days into my court claim.

Have another 2 at acknowledement stage at court which have 14 days to go.

Fingers crossed.

Thankyou Rose 78 ,

Will phone them asap and see if i can sort out some kind of payment plan. Letter came from Trinity Road, same one i requested statements from which felt strange as there are quite a few addresses for the Halifax.

Good luck with your claim. x

Thankyou corsicanepine,

will take your advice and read read read! I totally agree with you regarding making sure you are totally prepared for whats ahead of you.

Congratulations on your win and everything crossed for the two outstanding claims.

Let me know how it goes. x

hi lorry

It might seem daunting just now but the advice you were given to read ,read,read is well worth taking on board. I think we are all a little nervous now since the LLoyds case but we must not give up. Stick to your guns youll be ok .

this is the link for THAT case if you want to read it

Ifhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/15_05_07_bank_charge.pdf

regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

if you cant get it off the link try excel contractual spread sheet it on there near to the last pages

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Hi all,

Sent first letter 3rd May,Phoned Halifax today (homebanking) and asked whether they had recieved my letter requesting statements/charges. My cheque hasn't been cashed yet. The lady told me they had nothing on the system about it,but she said that it would be AT LEAST 40 days because they are swamped their end.Also she said it would not be the 6 years statements they would sending, just a list of the last 6 years charges. Is that right? also did i do the right thing by phoning the home banking number or is there another one thats better? the 40 days are up on June 12th so if i haven't heard anything by then, whats the next step?

Thankyou overflow for your reply the other day,it's really great to hear from others who are going through the same thing.

Good luck to all. x

hi lorry77

the next step would be to send a Prelim letter off to them if you have recieved your statements if you havent then you send a DPA non-compliance letter. The best and only way to really find out what to do step by step is to read the FAQs on here. There is help all along the line for anyone who asks but please read up on all you can.

Good luck and regards:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

• 4 weeks later...

hi Everyone,

Just To Keep You Up To Date.... The 40 Days For Halifax To Send Me My 6 Years Worth Of Statements Was Up Today, I Have Heard Nothing! So I Phoned The Homebanking Service This Morning And Was Told That They Couldn't Tell Me Anything More Than The Cheque I Sent Them To Cover The Costs Of The Statements Had Not Been Cashed Yet, But That As A Good Will Gesture They Will Order Another Set Of Statements,going Back The 6 Years And Will Not Charge Me For Them,but The Catch Is I Will Have To Wait A Few More Weeks Before They Arrive!! What Should I Do? Report Them Because They Have Broken The 40 Day Rule Or Wait??? Any Advice Greatfully Recieved.:?

Thankyou moneyhelp,

i will send them a non compliance letter .I believe i can get a copy of that from the template library, is that right? What happens for example if i still do not get all my statements through? do i report them to someone? also looking to the future, i tried the other day to download spreadsheets from vampiress, my p.c wasn't having any of it and it would not download! is there any others that are easier or different options that have been tried and tested? my computer is very old and full up!

kind regards to all.

Lorry77