• Tweets

• Hi Just to be clear a Notice to Quit is only the very start of the Housing Association going down the Eviction route there is a long process to go. Also to be clear if you leave at the Notice to Quit date only and go to the Council claiming you are Homeless they will more than likely class you as Intentionally Homeless therefore you have no right to be given temporary housing by the Council. The only way that works is when the Court has Granted a Possession Order then you can approach the Council as Homeless with the Court Order. As for the Housing Association issuing the Notice to Quit because there investigation has proved it's not your main residence but you have witness statement to prove otherwise. From now on with the Housing Association you need to keep a very good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office with anything you send to them. You now need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and please amend the following to suit your needs:   Dear Sir/Madam FORMAL COMPLAINT Reference: Notice to Quit Letter Dated XX/XX/2024, Hand Delivered on XX/XX/2024 I note in your letter that you stated that the Housing Association has carried out an investigation into myself and came to the conclusion that I am not using this property as my main residence and have evidence of this and have therefore issued a 'Notice to Quit' by XX/XX/2024. I find the above actions absolutely disgraceful action by the Housing Association. 1. Why have I never been informed nor asked about this matter by my Housing Officer. 2. Why have I never been given the opportunity to defend myself before the Housing Association out of the blue Hand Delivered a Notice to Quit Letter. 3. I have evidence and witnesses/statements that prove this is my Main Residence and more than willing provide this to both the Housing Association and the Court. I now require the following: 1. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Copy of your Customer Care Charter (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of your Investigation into this not being my main residence.    As well as the above you need to send the Housing Association urgently a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that in whether it be letters, email, recorded calls etc. The Housing Association then has 30 calendar days to respond but that time limit only starts once they acknowledge your SAR Request. If they fail to respond within that time limit its then off with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).     
    • Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you The email excuse and I do say excuse to add to your account and if court decide LL can't recoup costs will be removed is a joke. So I would Ask them: Ask them to provide you with the exact terms within your Tenancy Agreement that allows them to add these Court Fees to your Account before it has been decided in Court by a Judge. Until the above is answered you require these Court Fees to be removed from your Account (Note: I will all be down to your Tenancy Agreement so have a good look through it to see what if any fees they can add to your account in these circumstances)
    • Thank you for your responses. As requested, some more detail. Please forgive, I'm writing this on my phone which always makes for less than perfect grammar. My Dad tries but English not his 1st language, i'm born and bred in England, a qualified accountant and i often help him with his admin. On this occasion I helped my dad put in his renewal driving licence application around 6 weeks before expiry and with it the disclosure of his sleep apnoea. Once the licence expired I told him to get in touch with his GP, because the DVLA were offering only radio silence at that time (excuses of backlogs When I called to chase up). The GP charged £30 for an opinion letter on his ability to drive based on his medical history- at the time I didn't take a copy of the letter, but I am hoping this will be key evidence that we can rely on as to why s88 applies because in the GP opinion they saw no reason he couldn't drive i need to see the letter again as im going only on memory- we forwarded the letter in a chase up / complaint to the DVLA.  In December, everything went quiet RE the sleep apnoea (i presume his GP had given assurance) but the DVLA noticed there had been a 2nd medical issue in the past, when my father suffered a one off mini stroke 3 years prior. That condition had long been resolved via an operation (on his brain of all places, it was a scary time, but he came through unscathed) and he's never had an issue since. We were able to respond to that query very promptly (within the 14 days) and the next communication was the licence being granted 2 months later. DVLA have been very slow in responding every step of the way.  I realise by not disclosing the mini stroke at the time, and again on renewal (had I known I'd have encouraged it) he was potentially committing an offence, however that is not relevant to the current charge being levied, which is that he was unable to rely on s88 because of a current medical issue (not one that had been resolved). I could be wrong, I'm not a legal expert! The letter is a summons I believe because its a speeding offence (59 in a temp roadworks 50 limit on the A1, ironically whist driving up to visit me). We pleaded guilty to the speeding but not guilty to the s87.  DVLA always confirmed to me on the phone that the licence had not been revoked and that he "May" be able to continue to drive. They also confirmed in writing, but the letter explains the DVLA offer no opinion on the matter and that its up to the driver to seek legal advice. I'll take the advice to contact DVLA medical group. I'm going to contact the GP to make sure they received the SAR request for data, and make it clear we need to see a copy of the opinion letter. In terms of whether to continue to fight this, or to continue with the defence, do we have any idea of the potential consequences of either option? Thanks all
    • stopping payments until a DN arrives does not equal automatic sale to a DCA...if you resume payments after the DN.  
    • Sleep apnoea: used to require the condition  to be “completely” controlled Sometime before June 2013 DVLA changed it to "adequately" controlled. I have to disagree with MitM regarding the effect of informing DVLA and S.88 A diagnosis of sleep apnoea doesn't mean a licence wont be granted, and, indeed, here it was. If the father sought medical advice (did he?) : this is precisely where S.88 applies https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/64edcf3a13ae1500116e2f5d/inf1886-can-i-drive-while-my-application-is-with-dvla.pdf p.4 for “new medical condition” It is shakier ground if the opinion of a healthcare professional wasn’t sought. in that case it is on the driver to state they believed they met the medical standard to drive. However, the fact the licence was then later granted can be used to be persuasive that the driver’s belief they met the standard was correct. What was the other condition? And, just to confirm, at no point did DVLA say the licence was revoked / application refused? I’d be asking DVLA Drivers’ Medical Group why they believe S.88 doesn’t apply. S.88 only applies for the UK, incidentally. If your licence has expired and you meet the conditions for S.88 you can drive in the U.K., but not outside the U.K. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg_Charges and Default

Yasmin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice for the allocation questionairre please ? has to be in by tomorrow 5th June. A little unsure, did pm Bank Fodder Jonni as you suggested, must be busy, no reply. Help................

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your PM box is full, so I have sent you an email which should be of help.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanx for the advice J,was very helpful... Also had to decide which form to use as the court had sent me both versions. Used the shorter one! Have a couple of extra days apparantly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yasmin,

Just wondering if you have had any success ????

Hondamad21,

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

Hi Hondamad21...Not as yet. The counterclaim has been disallowed, as they didn't pay the fee but their defence still stands. I have completed my allocation questionairre and submitted it to the court. Apparantly it is now with the judge, so I expect to get a court date soon. Egg do drag it out........let you know of any progress

Yes, Account closed last year when they defaulted me......

Nothing more. Still can't get the copies of docs. I need as the file is with the majistrates. Never had the original copy of my claim so need that desperately. All seems to be incredibly slow!!!!! Let me know of any progresswith yours........

Just mainly copy of original claim , however if they have sent anything else to the court which i'm unaware of, might as well see it.....

No did not file it online. News is got the Court date through this morning, 12th August..should get my original copy now!! Any news with yours???

I've received a copy of Eggs allocation questionaire but the box to say if the fee has been included says 'NO' - interesting!!! Just waiting to hear from the court now I think. Hopefully I'l get a date through soon.

Good Luck!! I've got everything crossed for you.

O yes.......went to check it again, it's 9th August!!! Tnx for best wishes, reciprocated...

As I now have court date, went along in person to collect copy of original copy, LOL, of original claim....The file had actually been returned, so no problem.

Had Dave St Clare Nelson(Egg Legal C. ) on the phone this afternoon. My son off school and answered the phone. Told him to tell caller I was busy would call them back. He asked how long I would be so my son gave in and passed me the phone!!

He introduced himself and started to refer to the Court Case next month. At this point I obviously realised to whom I was speaking. Told him I didn't wish to discuss this matter on the phone and could he put anything he has to say in writing. He reluctantly agreed......

Hi Tobes, I could E mail it, if it would help you..

Well done Yasmin - the best option by far....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have received a letter from David St Clare Nelson(legal Counsel) Egg, which I feel is threatening.....

STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL AND WITHOUT PREJUDICE

I am sorry you refuse to speak to us on the telephone.

You have made a claim against Egg for £233.07 plus £30 in costs. Egg has counterclaimed for £1022.89 (being the balance outstanding on your account) plus £120 costs.

You have failed to file a defense to Egg's counterclaim. It is our intention to make an immediate application for default judgement against you for the total amount owing to us £1142.89. We do this reluctantly because a county-court judgement on your credit record might well mean that you will have difficulty obtaining financial credit for the next six years, so please be advised that we are not contemplating such action lightly. With respect to your claim, it is not clear on what basis you are alleging that the £220- in default charges you are claiming constitute a penalty, nor is it clear what evidence you propose to adduce to back-up that allegation. You will, of course be aware that as the claimant in the action the burden of proof is upon you I.E. you have to bring evidence to show on a balance of probability that these default charges amounted to a penalty as opposed to a genuine pre-estimate loss. You cannot simply make an allegation unsupported by evidence, and should you do so we will simply ask for the matter to be dismissed with our costs of attending the hearing against you.

There have been recent reports in the press and elsewhere that the Office of Fair Trading(The OFT) is contemplating action against certain banks in respect of the penalty charges and it may be that you are seeking to rely on that action as grounds for your claim.

However you should be aware that the OFT has agreed (with no admission by either party) to discontinue its action against Egg, and Egg has agreed to reduce its default charges from £20- to £16-. While this £4- rereduction does not apply retrospectively, we feel that it is fair to make it available to customers such as you who have already issued proceedings against us. It is our view that, were this matter to go to court, this represents the maximum amount that you would recover under your claim, the minimum, of course, being zero.

We are prepared, therefore, to credit your account with £44 in respect of your claim(being £4 per default charge on the basis of 11 defaults) and a further £30- for your costs. We are also prepared to drop our counterclaim against you on the basis that you agree to a schedule of repayments of the balance outstanding on your account of£1068.89.

This offer is available until 14th July after which it should be considered withdrawn. If you need more time than that, please let us know immediately and we will arrange to postpone 9th August hearing. If you wish to discuss this with me before the deadline then you should call 0800 783 4393

Kind Regards

Events which led to this;-

1. Went over limit last year , astronomical charges added.Made it difficult stay within limit.

2. account passed to agency, arranged monthly payment Oct-Nov 2005

3. Discovered default on credit file!!Never received a notice

4. Spoke to Egg. Refunded me £30 gesture of goodwill 09/02

5. Online dispute credit ref. agencies , Egg refused to remove default

6. Prelim. letter sent 23/02

**reply sod off letter 01/03

7. Letter before Action6/03

8. Court claim04/04

9 acknowledged claim sent defense and counterclaim19/04

10.Egg Failed to pay counterclaim fee, given extra time

11.Still failed to pay..counterclaim dismissed 18/05

12.completed allocation questionairre.05/06

13. received court date 9th August.

14.telephone call from Egg, legal Counsel, refused to discuss requested he put it in writing.7/07

15. Above letter received 8/07...They are claiming Counterclaim still stands

Have you been making payments on your account every month since November?

If so how can they sucessfully try and get a judgment to get the money on the account when you are paying to clear this ammount monthly. Am i right in saying that a Judge wouldnt contemplate this as you are making repayments.

Secondly i believe you have more of a case than they actually do and they know they will never get the costs awarded in a small claims court anyway, so yes sounds like they are tying to bully you. Did you do a DPA request on the account and ask for any manual interventions? If so again you have the proof that there were no manual interventions and to show this to the court you would be requesting Egg to show a breakdown of their true costs to prove it.

GO GET 'EM :D

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks