Yorkie bar kid V Natwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am new to this so be gentle, have looked around site and sending off a letter amended template, of the first stage of my husband verses Natwest bank.

After visiting bank to change our address details found that he was getting charged £12 a month to keep account running, he only wanted an account to have his wages in and draw out funds, so challenged this.

When investigated they could not find his original signed document setting up the account and as a 'one off gesture of goodwill' offered him 50% refund of fees and charges incurred on the account, which I asked for in writing, which we received. But we would like all it back, all £814.67 of it over the last 3 years.

So letter will be sent tommorow 15 may 2007, recorded delivery.

So will prepare for the 14 day deadline.

karen

Hi yorkie, welcome on board the nat west forum!!!

It sounds as if your husband has an advantage gold account - hence being charged £12 per month (quite cheeky of them if you want my opinion - especially as your husband didn't ask for this type of account!!!)

If he hasn't done so already, he needs to go into the branch and have his account changed to a standard current plus account (no fee for this).

As a general rule, we've almost been advised that the AG fee is not something that can be reclaimed, but have a look at this thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/89713-am-i-only-person.html as it makes quite interesting reading!

Keep us posted! Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Hedgey, thanks for your reply, in answer to change over of the account that was done when we realised he had been charged the account fees of £12 a month, good thing we went in to change our address details.

As we have been corresponding with the local branch do we send the letter for the charges to be claimed back to them or the address in borehamwood, if so I will need to redo the letter. thanks karen

Hi Hedgey, thanks for your reply, in answer to change over of the account that was done when we realised he had been charged the account fees of £12 a month, good thing we went in to change our address details.

As we have been corresponding with the local branch do we send the letter for the charges to be claimed back to them or the address in borehamwood, if so I will need to redo the letter. thanks karen

Preliminary and Letter Before Action

NatWest Customer Relations

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

Hertfordshire

WD6 1BR

regards scott

Hi again Yorkie!

Scott's kindly posted the address to send your letters to - but don't forget to pay for either recorded or next day delivery (at least you can prove they got your letters then!!!!)

Don't forget to include your schedule of charges as well - but hide the 8% interest column at prelim and LBA stages.

Good luck - keep us posted - hedgey xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 3 weeks later...

If they haven't responded to your prelim then LBA is next step. according to your timescale. The CCA is different because the law says when they must reply

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

• Haha 1

Update- 2 june 2007

letter received from natwest, saying considering claim, but giving the work involved we anticipate assessing it will take 6-7 weeks.

I sent the breakdown of charges etc so only need to say yes or no, surely won't take that long!

So

LBA letter before action to be sent 5 june 2007. They have 14 days to reimburse us, or off to court we go, plus interest also.

karen

They have 14 days to reimburse us, or off to court we go, plus interest also.

Exactly right!

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

• 2 weeks later...

OOps, just looking up files and realised missed LBA date it was 5 june, its now 13 june, will send it in the morning, better late than never. Will it affect claim?

Really annoyed with myself, have got about 8 different claims/issues going on, thought was doing so well. k

Will it affect claim?

No. You are setting the pace. You have just given them a little more time to respond, that's all

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site