dave vs barclays

skint dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent off request for payment letter on 31/3/07 recieved a letter back saying the usual rubbish we are sorry bla bla bla, we'll let you no by 4th may, I heard nothing.

so sent off lba it's been over the 14 days, I gave them a bit extra to cover the bank hoiday, still nothing.

so today I filed with mcol, can anyone tell me what I should do now?

thanks in advance.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

once you have filed your claim, you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

Quote:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim. Their name and address will be on page 2.

Quote:

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely,

Hope that helps

• Haha 1

Thanks Saintly,

Should I amend the schedule of charges, and add the £120 court fee?

Am I right in thinking that If they dont settle in full in the next 14 day's I start judgment?

Do I need to give my claim no to a mod?

sorry if i'm sounding a bit thick, :confused:

if you used the spreadsheet from here it automatically updates everytime you open it ..... the court fees are not added to your list of charges as you cant claim interest on them . No B's wont settle in 14 days . they have the 14days to submit their defence .... yes pm a mod with your claim details :)

Skint,

I actually DID include my court fees in my SOC's but below the final total line for charges + interest,

purely for my use and instant totalling for the final figure,

if you know about spreadsheets you can add the court fees to the total so it gives you a new total which increases as the interest does. just so it is immediately clear the second you open the spreadsheet what your new figure for today is.

but as Saintly so rightly states, interest is not claimed on fees.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Saintly, dont read my post wrong, As the procedure goes, correspondence with the defendant [b's] do NOT include the interest UNTIL you are forced to take court action to recover your charges, Once you complete the MCOL or N1 then the charges are added.

My example was a personal choice for quick reference.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Skint dave, yes you need to wait 14 days and till after midnight, however please be aware that BB have been defending very late and getting away with it, so if it comes to this, maybe give them a couple of extra days just in case

As saintly says, have a read of other threads you will be amazed. They shouldnt but they do.

You may get lucky like i did and they make defend early.

Hope this is the case.

Good luck

caz

Saintly, dont read my post wrong, As the procedure goes, correspondence with the defendant [b's] do NOT include the interest UNTIL you are forced to take court action to recover your charges, Once you complete the MCOL or N1 then the charges are added.

My example was a personal choice for quick reference.

I honestly wasnt reading more to your reply ... im just getting fed up of waiting for my statements so i can start ...

Have you checked on mcol to see if your claim has been deemed served ?

Reading back it should of been served by the 16th as you filed on the 11th B's then have till the the 30th to acknowledge and if they do that then they have till the 13 April to defend

thanks for the speedy responce saintly

status of claim on mcol is issued. (is that what you ment)?

it was issued on the 14th, deemed served on the 19th, they have till 2nd of june to responed.

I have sent 2 copys of schedule to northampton.

is there anything else I could be doing?

thanks again

Hi skint dave, I never received anything from Barclays until after i filed the MCOL, then i got my first offer/letter, i thought they didnt know i excisted and was very relieved, so know how you feel, i am sure it is fine. But remember from now on to send recorded delivery just to be safe, expecially with court stuff

Hope this puts your mind at rest Caz:p

the acknowlegdement just gives B's 28 days from when the claim was deemed served

Bit early to be getting court bundle ready but no harm in familiarising yourself with whats needed

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Hope this helps

Saint