can anyone help me get my money??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for looking. I wasn't quite sure where to address this but will try and explain as best as possible.

Quite some time ago I started an additional work to my current retail work. It is purely at home employment with an online company. I won't go into it fully but it involved being on a platform and answering messages which earnt me 10p per message. It didn’t take long to send one message so monies were earnt quite rapidly in my spare time at home.

I found myself as of late not having the time to do this so on the 1st April I emailed them to quit. They normally pay around 5th-9th of each month so they emailed me back saying I would be paid around 9th April. They owe me approx £75-100, (there is no way of knowing since each month they archive) which I know isn’t a lot, but mine and earnt none the less.

Money wasn’t paid in when they promised. I emailed them around the 15th April to remind them – no reply. And again, on the 31st, again no reply.

Now, I’m posting here because you folks rock J and wondering if there is anything I can quote from the law etc to email them and get them a little scared so they eventually pay me!

Do you have a contract with them? And do you have a record of the jobs done that have not currently been paid - you imply not, but could be quite important.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

hi, no, no contract, you are essentially self employed.

no record of jobs done either- after my first month working for them when they paid me 145.00 they introduced a roll over system as they claimed it was more money to them having to pay people who earnt under 150.00 aqnd then they would roll it over until you make that and then theyll pay you. over the next 4 months, every first of the month the wiped the statistics board availible on your account via their website and when i emailed they insisted it was kept as a running total and i would not lose any money. i know it was approx 20.00 the first month, nothing the next as i was offline, and approx 40.00 the 3rd month and about 20.00 the 4th and then i quit, still not having made the 150.00.

You may struggle. However, you should still have a contract, as even if you are "self employed", they are using you as a subcontractor I would imagine.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

i am struggling :( i never recieved a contract from them- nor do i know anyone else who was employed by them who had one.

i just wanted some ideas on how to word an email to them so they give me what im owed basiclly.

You could write a letter outlining your grievance & give them 7 or 14 days to respond. Do you have a postal address for them as well? Always worth sending a paper copy either recorded or special delivery & keeping a copy for yourself. After this your only other option ( I would think ) is to issue LBA & prepare to sue them via county court.

Someone else on here would probably be better p[laced to advise on your chances of success going this route but an LBA may do the trick... best of luck :)

i just emailed them. im scared lol.

my email:-

I am writing again following 3 previous contact attempts with regards to the money owing to myself while i was under contract as a chat operator for your firm, MyTxt.

On the 1st April I emailed Peter to let him know i was standing down from my position and he replied to me CC-ing Chris to tell him to pay my money owed. By my calculation the latest i should have recieved my payment was the 13th April, giving the extra time due to Easter.

Following this time I again contacted as a gentle reminder, this email went ignored.

On the 30th April i emailed again saying i required payment with this months "batch" which again should be cleared through banking no later than the 9th. Again my email was ignored.

I require immediate payment of this money. If you do not pay me in full within 10 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs, without further notice. If you do not intend to pay me you must therefore disclose what monies that are owed to me, or i will be using an estimate from hours worked.

For your reference my banking details again:

sort code:

account number:

account name: mrs sarah

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Sarah Hammond

ugh code.

anyway i got a swift reply for the afore mentioned Chris.

well not a reply as such. but cc-ing me and email to his brother/partner.

Andrew: Sort it.

/Chris

we

:lol: Andrew's getting a kick up his ass!

NatWest:

23/4/07 - Requested statements NatWest

10/5/07 - Received 1st set of statements

12/5/07 - Remaining statements arrived. Proceeding NatWest claim for £2,235.14

14/5/07 - Pre-lim letter sent

01/6/07 - LBA letter sent

22/6/07 - Filed money claim at court! *gasp*

27/7/07 - Received official defence and bully cr*p!

LTSB:

23/4/07 - Requested statements LTSB

31/5/07 - List of charges received. Proceeding LTSB claim for £1,407.50

01/6/07 - Pre-lim letter sent.

09/6/07 - Received a 'bugger off' letter.

21/6/07 - LBA letter sent.