New To This, few q's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i have had massive charges over the years with Halifax Credit card and with my current account, i am just sending off a Data Protection act letter first of all to both divisions. I also used to bank with Intelligent Finance, a loan (still trying to pay this off thanks to charges) credit card and current account! These are both under the same company!! Is this going to make a difference?? Can i also still claim back charges from the loans?? Also the Data Protection letters asking for what i have been charged over the past 6 years do i just send these to my relevant branches?? sorry for all the Q's but really want to do this right and get my money back!!

Ta in advance:D

BARRGRA:-)

I also used to bank with Intelligent Finance, a loan (still trying to pay this off thanks to charges) credit card and current account! These are both under the same company!! Is this going to make a difference??

No

Can i also still claim back charges from the loans??

Yes

Also the Data Protection letters asking for what i have been charged over the past 6 years do i just send these to my relevant branches??

Yes.

Welcome to the site.

You need to have a thorough read through the forums and the FAQs where you will find step-by-step instructions as well as other important information.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I would say that as long as you are not drastically changing the content of the template you should be ok.Obviously there will be certain details which will be particular to you,but that's the case for all of us.

Stick to the procedures and timetables as laid out in the FAQ's and you will be ok.If it ain't broke,don't fix it!! ;)

Thanks, one other thing, is it best to stick to the letter templates on this site or is it best to slightly personlise/addapt them to suit your own experience with the banks??

I would stick with the template in the format it is in, for a couple of reasons....

1) They are proven to work (£3000 landed in my account this morning!)

2) The banks are aware of this site and I think they would take you more seriously knowing the support this site offers.

Hope that helps.:)

Thanks mate, will stick to the proven track and congrats!! One thing, did you send a cheque with first DPA? I do not have a cheque book so can i just say i am willing to accept £10 charge and charge me appropriatly??

BARRGRA:-)

Thanks mate, will stick to the proven track and congrats!! One thing, did you send a cheque with first DPA? I do not have a cheque book so can i just say i am willing to accept £10 charge and charge me appropriatly??

I advised them to deduct the £10 charge from my account. They declined to take the payment in the end, but it is best to give them clear instructions for taking payment in your DPA letter to avoid them using it as a delaying tactic.

Best of luck!;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

I advised them to deduct the £10 charge from my account. They declined to take the payment in the end, but it is best to give them clear instructions for taking payment in your DPA letter to avoid them using it as a delaying tactic.

Best of luck!;)

Or include a cheque or postal order.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!