• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ja-de Vs Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as they say in USA, "IT SUCKS" hehehe

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well its about time, 'cos I've managed to get this old PC going again, didn't need to reformat, just repaired corrupt drivers, so things are deffo looking up for me at last.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks tilly, its for my step-son, (he has no idea as to what to do or even start, where computers are concerneda032.gif), so just gotta get it onto the net for him now, & then hopefully he'll stop jumping onto my lappy as soon as I stand up. 11_9_10.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Going in shower,oregonian_showersmile.gif be back in about 30 mins.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Evenin Ja-De

Are you OK. Been readin your thread, catchin up on it.

Blimey youve been through it the last couple of days havent you.:(

Cant have you feelin down, not the one who always manages to cheer me up with your positive attitude, (and your smilies).

You will more than like get a letter from the court tomorrow or Wed telling you they have acknowledged your claim. Come on, you know what they are like . Love stringing it out to the last little drip.

Your made of stronger stuff than this, Did you give the shirts a sleeve bashin to get it out of your system.

Love to have been a fly on your wall, bet there was clothes and steam flyin all over the show eh!

You know what to do if they dont get intouch with you. You know all sorts about this site. Ive recieved some really sound advice from you so get that chin off the ground. CAG POWER.

Take no notice of that nasty woman tellin you they never give 8% either I was offered it and my court costs.

Come to think of it , isnt it strange that the woman you spoke to was called Rachael Baker and the letter I got was of a Ashley Baker .mmmmmmmmm

I wonder if they are one and the same person.

My letter came from the Leeds office yet ive always sent any correspondence to the Trinity Rd place.

They must have claims comin out of the walls at them,.

We spread love round on this site, They spread claims round there. :D I wonder if they have had to employ more staff , LOL.

Well that will teach them not to be so Naughty. Naughty , naughty banks, tryinto sneak our hard earned cash away from us .

BBBBBBBAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD Banks.

Catch you later and being serious now , we are all here for one another arent we , how can we fail to WIN.

You know what I said before "ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL";) .

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi Ja-De

Are you not coming out to play today.? Not seen you around

Your conspicuous by your absence.

Hope you are OK.

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi all, you missed me then???? I've been out for most of the day, & I've tret meeself to a new keyboard for my PC, 'cos step-son pinched my old one for the PC I've just sorted for him. lol

tilly, please will you accept my apologies for not getting back online last night, but I'd had such a naff ("naff" word of the day hehehe) day, that I decided to have an early night, so now it's "Private ja-de" reporting for duty "saar".23_6_102.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got another pressie via postie from the court this morning, & guess what...........haliprats have acknowledged my claim on 10 July 2007 (so the lying toe-rags DID have the papers all along). They've decided to defend the claim, so they now have 28 days from then. Is that right SSL????????, is there anything else I should be doing now?????? oh gawd, here we go again, where's that ironing!!!!!!!!!!!!

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 28 days are from when it was deemed served. So your halfway there already.

Like Tilly says.....keep checking, it will be anyday now. :p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi tilly, will do, I'm now as sick as a ***king parrot (without spitting). I've got loads, did some more washing yesterday, I've even started to grab my mum & dads stuff as well lol. I think I must have been very evil in my last life!!!!!!!!!gifs_demonios.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Morning ja-de, you are not on your own, I too had a pressie from postie, Halifax acknowledged my claim on the 10th (1 day later than it should have been) so we exactly at the same stage now and like SSL says, we are halfway there! Off to do some serious ironing!! :D

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Ok SSL, thanks. I wouldn't mind if it was a large claim but its only for £74 charges, 8% interest, & £30 court costs. A massive total of £117.13. So, I don't get what they think they're playing at, 'cos no matter what its my money, & I want it BACK from them.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23_32_7.gifme thinks I've started a trend with all this ironing hehehehe

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi money, If you lived up here in Yorkshire, I'd think about it, but, unfortunately you don't, SORRY.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]