hello all i need a bit of help!!

katieandscott
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right i have sent of my very 1st letter to lloyds asking for my six years worth of statements (i know i have paid a hell of alot of charges over the six years possibly about £3000 - £4000 not quite sure) but i'm sure i'll find out!! anyway i need advice the 40 days Lloyds have to get back to me is up on the 21/05/07 not too long now! slighty concerned that i havn't heard from them already! am i being impatiant or am i right to be concerned?? and i am complete newbiee to all this! i have read many threads and to be honest they slighty confuse me!! so i may be asking for quite a bit of help along the way!! what is the average timescale for the entire process from statement request to recieving my money back? from what i have read its about 4-7 months. am i correct? anyway i waffling on HELP ME PLEASE!!!:o :!:

hi Katieandscott, dont be concerned that you have not heard, they are snowed under;) .

And we are all here to help one and other:D

Who knows what the time scale is with Lloyds TSB, its just a matter of

following the procedure, with the correct time scales, and you will get there:)

I started in feb, my court date is in July, so just doing the waiting game

and reading as much as I can on the way:p

This should help Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !!

Happy claiming:)

• Haha 1

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

My last post for the night! So thought I would say hi!

Confucious say - that man that reads a lot may be confused by words -

Ok............well that wasn't exactly it but is close to what can happen when you read lots of posts that may be conflicting, but everyones story is different and each journey of it along the way with different twists and turns.

The 40 days they are entitled to by law. So there is little to do now but wait, but is perhaps worth a phone call to make sure they received the request. This might make you feel a little more sure that they are on their way.

If, you sent the template letter from the site and £10 you can be assured that you have complied with the Data protection act which a link is below, and that by law they have to send the information.

Data Protection Act 1998

I always say, wait 47 days. The reason is that if you read the act it states the 40 days starts from the day they have identified you as the data subject! So not the day of receipt as you may think.

So hang in there! No you can't go with the mob squad and storm the bank for the information, it will eventually arrive, however the thought not a bad one.

Why not spend the next few days - looking at the spreadsheets!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6

On the link above, to the right are some fabulous links to understanding what you can claim for and what interest and a link to the spreadsheets!

All the best,

CJ

thanks alot remus glad to hear you are so far having good luck hope you get a full settlement soon! however reading other threads looks like youll have to wait till about a week b4 the court date! hey? how helpful have they been to you so far i sent my request to the customer care dept was this right for my statement? i also put a cheque in for £10. i am very excited of the thought of getting my money back, i just hope i am a success story with it? do you know if it is really true that everyone who has tried to reclaim has won? i just find it very hard to believe?!? thanks fot the link too!

hi guys been reading all the threads religiously and am gettin very excited congrats to all those who have won hope i will be joing you! still havn't got my statements back yet!:( keep willing the postman to drop them through my letterbox!! lol.

Katieand scott,

It really is a waiting game, I've got cobwebs all over me sat at this computor;)

It is nice to hear a bit of enthusiasm though:p

As the charges are unlawful, and the banks are not prepared to go to court to defend the charges, then yes they are having to settle our claims.:D

Not without a fight though,:mad: which is why you need to read as much as you can and follow the guidance to the letter/date etc.

You will win in the end, with a few more grey hairs:rolleyes:

Happy claiming:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi there,

My last post for the night! So thought I would say hi!

Confucious say - that man that reads a lot may be confused by words -

Ok............well that wasn't exactly it but is close to what can happen when you read lots of posts that may be conflicting, but everyones story is different and each journey of it along the way with different twists and turns.

CJ

For some reason I really liked this post, maybe cos im drunk. There is a lot of info to digest but is worth it in the end. Suffice to say I myself was in the same boat some time ago wondering how we could take the banks on and win. The answer is of course quite simple - the banks are in the wrong and we are in the right. Follow the guidelines on this site and you cannot fail. The law is very clear on the subject, take a look at the successes forum if you don't believe me. Lloyds alas seem to derive a great deal of pleasure in dragging things out to the last minute, but think of it along these lines - the longer they drag it out the more that 8% interest clocks up. Damn fools. Remember to just keep the faith and pull up a comfy chair, it will take a while but u'll win in the end

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

skbuncks, you write very well for one who has imbibed,:p

I like your signature They usually have two tellers in my local bank, except when it's very busy, when they have one". LMAO.

:D

sorry laughing to much to write anything coherant

will pass that one on to my mates in the bank love it:D :)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi- don't worry- i'm with Lloyds TSB- i received my statements 2 days before the 40 days were up. lloyds should not of won the last case because they didn't even bother to turn up at court. The chap who's claiming said hes going to appeal, he's been offered help from Martin lewis who appears on t.v. If this goes to the high cort there's no way Lloys will defend. I also think the chap was missing some details when he made the claim. Don't worry you will get there.

Katieandscott, they still have time, and they are snowed under:p

No Lloyds have not won a really big case against bank charges reclaims, they did not even attend court. but they have jumped on the see its a service charge! also it was in the county court, which can not set a precedent.

It just proves the point you must ensure you know your points of law when questioned by the judge.

read read and read some:p more.

Don't panic, we're still here and the fight go's on:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08