Me vs. HBOS & Barclay Card - Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all, well today I typed out my letters, highlighted my charges on my statements and sent out my claim letters to Barclaycard, HBOS for two credit cards and my student Bank of Scotland account.

I have just been made redundant and wasn't paid a months worth of wages making me 400 over my overdraft limit. Will the bank use this as annunition against my claim of around 800 pounds for charges?

These are a break down of my claims

Bank of Scotland Student Account

Claim for 684 GBP

Bank of Scotland One Credit Card

Claim for 175

Halifax Cancer Research Credit Card

Claim for 225

Barclay Card Student Credit Card

Claim for 140

I typed my own letter and added that I had decided not claim against the 12 GBP charges but all the others seeing as the banks did reduce the charges.

These are my questions :-)

- Are Bank of Scotland more likely to say no to my claim because of the state of my account, or does the same principle of them ripping me off apply (I have an arrangement with bank retail collections with payment)

- My two credit card accounts are now paid off and closed at my request, will this affect my chances of claiming.

Thanks in advance for all your help

William

First of all why arnt you claiming ALL your charges? Why leave the £12 charges off. They are charges as much as the rest are. You should be claiming them all.

All the letters on theis site are well tried and tested there is no need to work out others. Also they cant say no because an account is closed or you have gone over your overdraft.

All that will happen is when you win and get paid, it will clear the overdraft.

Here is a link to all the letters you will need..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks sea-sidelady,

I have used a template and asked for all charges, just have to wait now. I noticed you have been successful with Barclays and Halifax (samem banks I'm claiming from)

How long did it take for you to get your charges refunded? I've just been made redundant and I'm over my limit and hoping to get it cleared a.s.a.p, am I best just forgetting about it till I receive a letter?

Hope you can help :-)

Barclays settled after the lba. So that took 4 weeks once we had the statements.

Halifax was longer as i had to file at court both times, but won by default and there was also a huge backlog at my local court.

Barclays are really playing up at sending out the statements though so be prepaired.

Its worth having a read of a few threads so you can see how things are going at the moment.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .