quest v natwest

quest1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i have just joined the community after months of reading on here and thought i would say hi to you all after finallly getting the guts to start everything off. i am a nat west current account holder and have just received my s a r. there are many charges on there that i have highlighted so i'm now back on here now swatting up on the next thing to do. i believe this is downloading the spreadsheet that work everything out for me and sending it with the prelim letter leaving off the 8% interest.

the statements show the following types of charges and i would appreciate your comments on which i should include and which spreadsheet to use (the easiest, i'm not very hi - tech!)

- fee - unarranged borrowing fee £14

- charges - referral charge - £25

- charges - service fee

- interest persnl ln interest

- charges - unpaid items - £30

- interest due - interest - various amounts

- charges - various amounts these 2 are always together on the statements

throughout the 6 years i was sometimes an ad gold customer sometimes not

looking forward to your comments and thoughts and hoping that you don't think i'm lazy asking so many questions but want to get it right and can think of no ne better to ask than you guys

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NATTIE

top two yes and bottom one yes. There are two guides on charges in the sticky section, have a look at them and if you are still not sure post on here and i will confirm what is claimable. Welcome to the natwest section.

thanks nattie i will have a look at that. feel very nervous about the whole thing, don't want to do anything wrong and mess everything up, shall look at spreadsheets tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

hello every1, really need to know which spreadsheet is best to use to send with my prelim, any advice greatly received.

also, i know that i have to send my prelim letter to customer relations at Borehamwood, but does anyone know the full address?

getting nervy now, hope to send it off on monday, (excited but scared)

thanks guys

some more help needed please regarding excel advanced, it asks:-

the start date of the period covered in claim - is this the date of my first charge? and is the end date the date of my last charge i am claiming for?

Short and sweet answer for you.................... yes!!!! xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi again quest.......... try here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/74934-natwest-contact-information.html you want the Borehamwood address! xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Natwest Customer Relations

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

WD6 1BR

Don't forget to attach copy of your spreadsheet and send it recorded delivery so you can track it online. And if you've used the spreadsheet with the 8% interest, hide this column before you print it off.

Good luck

Wendy

Thank You Wendy.

I Have Struck Another Hurdle, I Wonder If Anyone Could Help Me? This Spreadsheet (excel Advanced) Looks Ok Until You Start It Then I Question Whether Or Not I'm Doing It Right At Evry Point! (just Scared - Bare With Me!)

Am I Right In Thinking :-

1. I Only Hide The Last 2 Columns (which Are The Interest Free Overdraft And Interest On Penalties)?

2. All Other Columns Must Be Completed?

Just had a look at that spreadsheet and it looks a bit complicated to me! I used the Simple Exel which was pretty straightforward.

Am sure someone will advise what the difference is and the pros and cons of one versus the other.

Wendy

Are you claiming interest on the overdraft charges that took you over your overdraft limit or are you wanting to simply claim your charges back, then 8% when filing at court, if it gets that far................ if you reply to this I can pop back with the right link to the right spreadsheet for you. Fendy xxxxx

i don't know what to do? just the charges i think! i think i'll keep it simple.

If i claim just the charges is it just the charges i get? nothing extra? my claim is only £299, would be nice to bump it up a bit tho with interest!

is claiming the interest very complicated? what are the pro's and cons?

The only way you can get any extra (apart from the 8% interest if it goes to court) is to claim the interest on the overdraft charges. As Fendy said in post 13 she can give you a link to the correct spreadsheet.

Lets face it, you can only get what you are prepared to claim for, and then it's got to be right otherwise you could get the claim kicked out. You need to read up on everything and then decide the best way forward.

If you only claim the charges, thats all they'll pay, Natwest not being in the business of giving money awy just for the fun of it lol.

• Haha 1

So Wendy, I Have Had A Look At The Simple Excel S/sheet And It Looks A Lot Better For Me. I Feel That I Would Be Much Better With This 1 And Am More In My Comfort Zone.

So I Only Omit The Last Column, Which Is The 8% Details On This 1 Don't I ?!

So Wendy, I Have Had A Look At The Simple Excel S/sheet And It Looks A Lot Better For Me. I Feel That I Would Be Much Better With This 1 And Am More In My Comfort Zone.

So I Only Omit The Last Column, Which Is The 8% Details On This 1 Don't I ?!

Hi quest - don't 'omit' the column, just 'hide' it! If the claim goes to court, you can then 'unhide' it again! xx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

cheers hedgey, going to newquay cornwall for a week tonight so won't be here for a week but am planning to post it whilst i'm down there recorded delivery, (hope the weather is good!) speak to you all in a week

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Received My Stuart Higley Letter Today Thanking Me For My Prelim Letter And Stating They Will Look Into It And It Will Takes Approx 6 Weeks!! They Have Till Next Monday, So Just Preparing Lba As I Know I Will Be Needeing To Send It, Then They Will Know I Mean Business, Hey!

Does any1 know, does the LBA letter go to Borehamwood aswell??

Hi quest1

Welcome to the NatWest forum.

NatWest do seem to make offers reasonably early on in the process provided you atrnot claiming any interest. However, this may not be quick since, if left to their own devices, it takes them 6-7 weeks to process claims.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

does the LBA letter go to Borehamwood aswell??
Yep

Steven

Whenever you get a response it almost certainly will be minus the interest. Experinece so far is that you have togo to court (well almost anyway) to get that.

Steven