Im Scared.....helppppppppp

bonnie0852
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hope it goes well for you love and i dont see why you cant claim back more than six years so go with clarion and icys advice cos i never got this far love xxkia

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx buddies!!! Off to get ready for work now, but will have a look later and try and get myself back up to speed!!

Thought maybe i was nearly there with the 65% offer but it seems not eh!!! i'll learn eventually :(

loadsa luv to u all!!!

me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What have they said about the pre-6 years stuff Bonnie?

All you need to do is refute it with s32 of Limitations Act. GaryH has got that off pat. But if you need it I'll find it and post for you, save you a hunt.

pps...... the wording is: IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LIMITATION ACT 1980, THE DEFENDANT DENIES THAT THE CLAIMANT IS ENTITLED TO CLAIM ANY AMOUNT RELATING TO FEES INCURRED BEFORE MAY 2001.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hav e a look at the defence they sent me, see if they match

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/65101-icy-abbey-3.html

PPS........... 1 more added line on their defence that isnt on Icy's:

NO ADMISSIONS ARE MADE AS TO THE AMOUNTS CLAIMED BY THE CLAIMANTAND THE CLAIMANT IS PUT TO STRICT PROOF OF THE SAME.

what on earth is that all about???? talk about baffle with b****** :)

xxx me

means you have to prove the charges were taken from you...............original statements in other words;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi bonnie......read your pm. the wording about the limitation act is exactly the same as mine......word for word. It bull !!!!!

CF - surely if you have summaries that they have printed from their microfiche system.....that's as good as and is acceptable by the court?

of course it is C,............it is obviuosly aimed at those people relying on estimates. More intimidation

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Received NOTICE OF TRANSFER OF PROCEEDINGS today advising me of the switch to Guildford court. Also enclosed was the AQ so now i gotta get my finger out and fill that in (dreading it)

1 question tho: RE: their offer of 65% of my claim, i presume ive gotta send a rejection letter to them........... and i presume they'res templates on here......??

Gonna go look now but any "shoves" in the right direction will help;)

bonnie

another question.. just found templates for rejection letters but theres 6 templates to use!!! As my account is closed, no funds paid into it and received offer from Abbey (But no cheque) do i use template 6???? Most of them mention receiving a chq??

What a surprise.................questions from bonnie:) ;)

shoves in a direction....don't tempt me:D

I'll have a look at the templates and see what I can suggest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Use #6, and change the "solicitors" addy to abbey's legal dept, ignore all the red writing, just put your figures in where the xxx's are, sign it "luv and kisses,bonnie"..........and send it off

PS

AQ is easy.just ask mj;)

What a surprise.................questions from bonnie:) ;)

shoves in a direction....don't tempt me:D

You're a nasty piece of work CF!!!! And in one of my many hours of need aswell!!! :(:D

Thanx for the tips!!

bonnie

Use #6, and change the "solicitors" addy to abbey's legal dept, ignore all the red writing, just put your figures in where the xxx's are, sign it "luv and kisses,bonnie"..........and send it off

ppps..... whats the address for their legal dept????? :D

and how many xxxxxxx's do i put on it???

xxxbonniexxxx

2,Triton Square

Regent's Park

London

NW1 3AN

You kiss them as many times as you want to, hun;)

I have been following your thread and thinking how well you are doing, it’s getting really complicated now.

I couldn’t even post my own thread without duplicating it tree times, what’s happen there? If I get this far I don’t no how I will cope. I can’t think straight at the best of times.

Any way, you go get them, but leave some for me.

Good luck Leafy.

I have been following your thread and thinking how well you are doing, it’s getting really complicated now.

I couldn’t even post my own thread without duplicating it tree times, what’s happen there? If I get this far I don’t no how I will cope. I can’t think straight at the best of times.

Any way, you go get them, but leave some for me.

Good luck Leafy.

Hi Leafy, WHEN you get this far we'll all b here to guide you along and as you can see, no matter how many dumb questions you ask YOU will get the answers (just dont ask tooo many cos im the Queen of Dumb on here)!:D

I'll subscribe to your thread later (work now) so i can keep a watchful eye on you, just dont ask me for advise....... god knows how i managed to get this far!!!

Kepp yr chin up....

luv

bonnie :cool:

Thanx anita, but U AINT SEEN NOTHING YET!!!!!! :p

The hard bit is only just starting (AQ's etc....) so watch this space to see certain people (CF) pulling their locks out in desperation (to my questions):D .

Gonna spend my day off tomorrow filling it in so be warned "all helpers"............ got loads more dumb questions to come!! ;)

luv me

Hi guys........... After all the celebrations on Charley and Clarion's

threads im a bit deflated now posting back on here!!!!!

Rejection letter: some questions..........;) where it says "MY CLAIM IS FOR £XXXX AS OUTLINED IN P.O.C PLUS COURT COSTS OF £120" do i also include the £100 fee for the A.Q??? (even tho i havent sent it yet)???

and......

where it says about settling my claim in full and forwarding the full balance what amount do i put in IE: £2359.61 + £120 court cost + £100 A.Q + interest accrued so far???

Thanking u in advance as always!!!

bonniexxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hun,

I know it's unusual,but you're thinking too deeply here.;)

You don't need to put any figures in..................just say "Thank you,but No Thank you"

It's a simple straightforward letter saying that and nothing else:)

thank you but no thank you she not 5 years old you know ask someone wholl help you fill it in properly uesless advice mr farley ill look on my thread to see who helped me with mine it was gary h he gave me a link for the help bit for the aq if you say pretty please gary and flatter those eyelashes hell help love just say please he was a star on mine xxkia

Hi Bonnie

This is what I sent in response to my 65% offer.

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxx.

I note that as a gesture of goodwill you were happy to refund £xxx, inclusive of cancellation of charges yet to be debited from my account. I am aware that the above account was credited with xx miscellaneous fee refunds (X x £30; X x £20; X x £35) totalling £XXX.00 on xxxxxx. (You'll need to change this bit to meet your circumstances as your account is closed)

As notified in my previous correspondence, I have now commenced proceedings through the small claims court for the return of charges taken between date and date, this now includes statutory interest and court costs and the total claimed is £xxxx.xx

I will therefore accept the £xxx in part payment, I will inform the court that this sum has been paid into my account as partial settlement on the clear understanding that I will continue to pursue payment of the remainder of £xxxx, plus any further costs incurred, through the court.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Hope this helps Bonnie!

Cheers guys but im tending to err on Kias side here!! I want to be able to quote the right amount im willing to settle for and not do myself out of any money, so:

again i ask (sheepishly)........... when i say im willing to settle for full amount, does that include my orig amount with interest, court costs and interest since i submitted my claim a few wks ago (a few quid extra)??

Thanking u!!! (and all answers b4 morn pls as im posting it tomorrow);):D:p

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You could tell them you want paying(by a date you think is reasonable but before AQ is due at court) and the amount you will settle for is the amount of your claim, plus the court fee, plus the 8% interest ~ as on the court claim plus the daily rate interest which adds up to (daily rate x amount of days to the date you quote). Tell them if you haven't received the amount stated by that date you'll be filing the AQ and as they know this will increase the costs and interest.

Is that better?