clydesdale- what a mess!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after issuing a MCOL on 12/3/07 and after receiving a defence and an offer by Clydesdale Bank on 10th April I have now received a letter from them on 30th April stating that I have issued against the wrong defendant. They have now retrated their offer. They state CLydesdale Financial Services and Clydesdale bank are two different organisations. I put CLydesdale financial services on the particular and pressed look up address which brought up an address for yorkshire bank. I can't believe this is happening now. My question is do I have to start all over again or do you thin the COurt will change the details of the defendant and not charge me another £50.00. I cannot believe that Clydesdale bank have only just realised the mistake. Any advice any one please.

Kendraflo:confused:

Halifax - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Overdraft facility removed 21/9/06 - threat to close account - Default Notice lodged 06.10.06

Mint - S.A.R - 8/9/06 - Statements received 03.10.06 - Prelim letter sent for £268.13 03.10.06

First Direct - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 21/9/06 - Prelim letter sent 21/9/06 for £410.00 - settled in full

First Direct - S.A.R 21/9/06 - for husband's old account

Barclaycard - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 16/9/06 - Prelim letter 18/9/06 for £496.25 - Part offer received 22/9/06 for £228.00 - Rejection letter sent 25/9/06 - MCOL issued 8.10.06

MBNA - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Partial offer received 6/10/06 - full offer & interest received on 6.10.06

ACE CARDS & GIFTS - S.A.R - 19/9/06 - statements received -27th September - vouchers received in settlement - 4th October 2006 - £235.00

Clydesdale Financial Services are definitely nothing to do with Clydesdale Bank. You could phone the court and see if you can amend your claim using an N244 which costs 35.00, although I don't know if you can amend the name of the defendant.

Who did you send the preliminary request for payment and LBA to? Although I would have thought the bank should have picked up on this from the start, I can't honestly see that they can be held responsible for the mistake, so I think you'll just have to bear the cost.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.