Can You Add Further Charges On An N244??

Lucylou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I need to complete an N244 as there were a couple of interest figures I didnt have available at the time of filing my claim.

I have looked on here and found advice on how to fill in the forms etc etc - all very helpful so thanks.

My question is this - Can I add the 6 charges that have been applied to my account since I filed my claim in order to save a further claim down the line?

Would be grateful for any help on this!:confused:

Hi Lucylou, have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/41901-form-n244-application-notice.html it should help you with this. Good luck, hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hello,

Sorry to PM but I have asked the question on a thread and did not manage to get a difinitive answer.

Can I add the new charges NW have added to my account between the date of claim ( dec 2006 ) to now and ask the judge to consider this in an effort to save another claim further down the line?

I have my court date which is the reason that I really eeded a quick answer.

Thanks for your help

LucyLou

How much are we talking here? And how far down the process are you - when is your court date?

Reason I ask is becouse it may not be worth the hassle of amending if your already in the later stages of the process - it can cause delays. The charges will not go anywhere and it may well be easier just to start a new claim after this one. You should find that the settle second claims quicker.

That said, if you forgot to add the interest or something then its worth amending, becouse obviously it'll be lost if you don't.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Gary,

The difference is approx 300 pounds in new charges and 30 in interest for the first set that I did not have details of when I submitted my claim.

The reason I wanted to try and add on rather than start a new one is to avoid having NW downgrade my account which I have heard they do quite a lot after a second claim?

The court date is 29th May so I would need to get the N244 in ASAP and marked as urgent. The claim to date is 1500 so I guess I shouldnt delay getting that, like I said though, I just wanted to avoid losing my o/d facility and debit card!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks for your advice on this.

I have read some more on this and I think the judge would look very unfavourably on making an amendment so late on in the day. ( as you have pointed out in the past )

If I chose to settle the claim for now and write to NW for the remaining 300 afterwards, do you think this would result in my account being downgraded or even closed?? I've tried finding out from loads of posts but you may have come accross this point specifically in all your dealings on the site?

Thanks for your help - and I promise I wont bother you any more after this.....!:razz: