Help Needed!! Advise on Barclays Please

bonnieblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My account with the Woolwich was recently switched to Barclays. Whilst I was paying in at my local branch a couple of weeks ago I was explaining to the cashier that I'd had to rush to get the money in to avoid being charged for being overdrawn, she told me not to worry because I'd got a £250 overdraft on my account. On Friday my acount Balance was £235 overdrawn, I wasn't worried because I knew I'd have £250 Child Benefit going in today. However, when I tried to withdraw money from the cashpoint this morning it would only allow me to take £10. I went into the branch and was told that they had no record of me having an overdraft! I said "so how could I be £235 overdrawn"? I explained that the money was Child benefit and its my daughters birthday tomorrow but all I got was "Sorry". Help what do I do, I'm in dire straits.

Question.. Did you have an O/D facility on your Woolwich account.

Im presuming they have transferred you due to B's now running Woolwich!

Did they notify you of the change?

Go back to the bank and apply for an O/D to see you throught the next few days.

How was your account with the Woolwich? did you get slapped with charges? if so, are you going to claim them back?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi,

There is no specific overdraft amount stated on my bank statement although it does show overdraft interest charges and the "current monthly interest rate on your overdraft". I had a 'buffer' of £50 on my Woolwich account. I am reclaiming charges on £545 from the Woolwich, I sent LBC last week. I haven't had a reply as yet.