• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Halifax unclaimed bank charges. ** WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I must check my bank account, haven't done so for a few days....:D be nice is a nice wad of money had been deposited but I doubt it. The nice court have given me 3 N1 forms so that saves me having to photocopy them. Will take it down to court straight after school on Tuesday.

Come on Halifax...save me the effort, I've got SAT's to mark :D

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your item is being processed but we have not received confirmation of delivery

Grrrrr haliprats should have recieved my LBA yesterday Grrrrrrr

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

hiya all, just a quick update, I have sent off my LBA last Thursday recorded delivery but I had a letter from the Halifax today saying that they are looking into my claim and should respond to me no later then the 5th June 2007. Come on.......I hate this waiting game, got over £7k to come back over 6 years so am so looking forward to receiving that....

Hi Guys

7K Alicat!!! The drinks are on u!!!!

Well what have I been doing today? I have been gearing up for the N1 claim wich I have worked out and added interest to up untill the 17/5/2007 The papers will be taken straight to the court on that day then I shall count down my 28 days

gotto laugh tho, my claim is only for £937.86 LOL :p :p :p

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

wooooooooooooohoooooooooo i hope you hear something soon.

i have to wait intill a week 2mrw to file against the Halifax...but I do get to file against Nationwaide on Monday hehehehehe

Sweet Revenge

Hi all,

Halifax paid into my account today my full claim with interest and court costs, £1,600+. Absolutely delighted!!!!!!!

MCOL 18 days ago, no correspondence just the cash in my account today.

Stick with it, I thought this day would never come but here it is!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god!!! How delighted are you? lol

drinks are on you!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement..I still havent heard from halifax..but then my 14days aint up till thursday for filing N1

I know the day will arrive soon :-)

Have fun spending YOUR cash!

Lisa xxx

............................................ STILL WAITING TO HEAR OFF HALIPRATS........................I WILL BE FILING N1 ON THURSDAY!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Hiya guys!!

Anyone heard anything from the big bad monsters?? Ive heard zilch and 2mrw is N1 day heheheheheheheheh

hi my name is marilyn. I sent my initial letter to halifax re bank charges on the 28th march 2007 and have not had a reply. deadline was 7th May. what is the next step to take as i am unsure? please advise. have never done tis b4

hi i am a newbie. I sent my 1st letter to halifax on 28/3/07 and have not had a reply to my 40 day deadline. its been over a week since the deadline-no phone call or letter of confirmation. what shall i do now?

• Haha 1

did you sent your letter recorded delivery?

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

Hiya Mazzafi,

First of all you need your own thread, as it is so much easier to follow how you are getting on...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

Just give yourself a title and off you go.

A couple of questions...

Was it recorded delivery,

Did you send the SAR Fee

If yes then you need to send the lba letter..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

This gives them 7 days to send them to you.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Here we go full of excretia again.

recieved this morning:

Dear mrs me

Further to our letter of 23rd April 2007. I'm sorry that you have not yet had a full response to your concerns.

We're still investigating your complaint, and you will recieve a response from us soon as possible, buy certainly no later than 19th June 2007.

Our complaints leaflet , which we sent to you previously , explains how we will handle your complaint.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Wood

redress Admin

Core Business Team

Customer Relations.

Full of rubbish cant be doing with the standard letter B******S they sending me,

N1 went in post today.

Good luck Lisa

Still just behind you, expect to get a similar letter to yours over the next few days. Did you ever ring them to negotiate?

How did you know where to send your N1? I'm hoping to do mine via MCOL on Tuesday (if I've got enough pennies left!). When's your next date for further action?

Will be watching........

Suze x;)

Hey suze,

I sent my N1 into my local County Court Recoreded delivery.

Im expecting mine to take a bit longer than usual because I have sent in an exemption form for the fees as I am on benefits so am will be waiting to hear if that is sucessful 1st I think

then the next stage is to wait for them to acknowlage. from reading other threads that takes a matter of days and from then on there's a 28day wait and anything absolutly anything can happen in those 28days...Hopefully some funds magically apperaing into my account...wouldnt that be nice eh?

I hope you file for MCOL on Tuesday. your money is better off in your pocket then with haliprats.

Let me know how your going on,

Lisa xxx

oops, forgot to mantion:

\i think i will wait to see if my exemption has been accepted before I ring haliprats. Hubby is dead against and says that I should hang on, but I am impetient to say the least and is boiling my blood to think they are investing my charges :-(

This morning I have awoke very dishartened by this whole court process.

The thing is I am currently on benefits: Incapacity benefit, DLA, and Child tax credits, Its not alot each month but each month i manage to scrap the bottom of the barral just about.

My hubby's claim againt Nationwide was as we thought filled we filled the Exemption form took all our documents to the court and on Saturday morning we had a letter from court stating that we had to pay ALL of the fee as apparently we can affored the £50 fee???

I am somewhat gutted by this and am now wondering what will happen with my halifax claim that has just been filled (thursday 17th may) are the courts going to expect me to pay the fee on that too? its a much bigger claim,

Guess we will have appeal against the decision wich will delay the claim and much needed money coming into the house :-(

SOb SOB.

Lisa xxx