DannyS Vs Lloyds TSB Help needed.

dannys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a new problem. Lloyds slapped around £90 worth of charges on my account. I told them that I would not pay them so they sent it to a debt firm called Buchanan, Clarke and Wells.

I have now received a summons for the amount + intererest and fees.

What do I do, should I pay this then claim it back or what?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Do not use MCOL now, you need to use an N1, have a look at this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/107596-new-poc-n1-lloyds.html

You can claim back the £75 Court fees.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

I am filling out the N1 form (I assume it is ok in ink).

I need a bit of help with this bit.

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

I have the charges and the court fee.

The only interest I have calculated is the one that you do with the spreadsheet from this site.

Is that the Overdraft Interest or the Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984? How do I calculate the other figure?

• 2 weeks later...

You can send them through the post. Although if you take them down they will check them there and then if there are any problems then it will take less time to rectify. Although if you can not get to the court conveniently and are happy that you've filled it in correctly it may be more convenient to post.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I have put my claim in with the court but have received a letter from hmcs saying that "the designated civil judge has directed that all cases involving bank charges should be placed on hold until the test case by the OFT has an outcome.

It has been stayed until 29 Feb 2008.

What now? Is this happening to everyone? Have I wasted my time?

Thanks for all your help.

Danny

Hi Danny.

Yes, this is happening to nearly everyone. If yours is a business account, you can apply to have the stay lifted. You can also apply if you can demonstrate extreme hardship caused directly by the imposition of the stay. Otherwise you will just have to grin and bear it!

You have the consolation of knowing that, when the time comes, you already have your place in the queue.:)

Els

• 4 months later...

My claim has had the stay extended until July. However, the bank have slapped more charges on since I put the claim in.

Can I send a revised figure of what they owe me including the latest charges and the additional interest?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Please can someone tell me if I should send a revised figure of what they owe me including the latest charges and the additional interest that has accrued whilst the claim has been stayed?

:oops: Hi

when you have your date for court and if you have your spredsheets saved on excel just run new copies and it will automatically modify your totals by adjusting your days since charges were imposed. Seperate spredsheets should be done for your NEW charges. Then the Judge should take them into account as well.

Thats what i was advised to do.

Linda

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know how to have a stay lifted? The bank have put more charges on and I have refused to pay them so they are threatening to take me to court. I am thinking of asking for the stay to be lifted so that they can deal with it all at once - the ones that I have paid and I want back, and the ones that I am not paying that LLoyds are demanding.