Willin v Nat West

willin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there fellow irate consumers.

I have been reading the threads on this forum for some time and pleased with the brilliant work you are responsible for.

With the extensive online guidance I started my own claim and unfortunately appear to hit the point where advice is needed.

Approx level of Charges £1800-2500 on Advantage Gold

Here is timeframe so far:

23rd Feb 07 - Initial request for refund with threat of legal action if not responded to in 14 days. Recorded delivery 'received'

2nd March 07 - Stuart Higley standard response, statements will be forwarded and they will look at request, highlighting charges they would consider reimbursing

10th April - 2nd letter DPA 'account activity' request with threat of legal action if not responded to in 14 days. Recorded delivery 'received'

25th April - Phonecall to customer relations 'charges team' - there is no record of my letters or any note on my account. They apologise and state that they will request statements immediately but not receive until 3-4 weeks due to huge backlog. I stated they were well outside 40 day timeframe and should prioritise, sorry can't influence speed of this due to backlog.

Wondered what shenanigans are going on here? Is this a new approach to pretend they haven't received it?!

What should my next approach be? Would prefer to go down route of getting statements so I can see exactly how much I should claim rather than guestimate...

Thoughts please my helpful friends!

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Guest NATTIE

You need to do a SAR to get the statements to get the info on exactly what you are owed, estimated claims may be substantially higher or lower than the real amount.

Thanks Nattie but aren't my 1st two letters the equivalent of a S.A.R?

A SAR gets your statements so that u can claim the true amount owing to you..........

You should have requested the statements first....U need to send of a sar to get the statements so that you can continue with an accurate claim...

Im not sure how Cobbetts would view a figure plucked out of the sky(probably have a field day with there defence)

Hope this helps

Scott

Hello there fellow irate consumers.

I have been reading the threads on this forum for some time and pleased with the brilliant work you are responsible for.

With the extensive online guidance I started my own claim and unfortunately appear to hit the point where advice is needed.

Approx level of Charges £1800-2500 on Advantage Gold

Here is timeframe so far: Assuming this is a guess

23rd Feb 07 - Initial request for refund with threat of legal action if not responded to in 14 days. Recorded delivery 'received' IS this Prelim letter

2nd March 07 - Stuart Higley standard response, statements will be forwarded and they will look at request, highlighting charges they would consider reimbursing

10th April - 2nd letter Data Protection Act 'account activity' request with threat of legal action if not responded to in 14 days. Recorded delivery 'received' Should Be 40 Days/Or is it a reminder

25th April - Phonecall to customer relations 'charges team' - there is no record of my letters or any note on my account. They apologise and state that they will request statements immediately but not receive until 3-4 weeks due to huge backlog. I stated they were well outside 40 day timeframe and should prioritise, sorry can't influence speed of this due to backlog. When Was 1st letter sent???

Wondered what shenanigans are going on here? Is this a new approach to pretend they haven't received it?!

What should my next approach be? Would prefer to go down route of getting statements so I can see exactly how much I should claim rather than guestimate... YES definately

Thoughts please my helpful friends!

Have you sent LBA?????

Sorry to ask so many questions but i cant understand exactly what has and what hasnt been sent......

im sure we can work it out tho

Scott

Cheers Scott

I used a framed letter from a BBC.co.uk posting which basically demanded refund up front with estimated amounts owed calculated proportionately.

I have not used the official S.A.R or LBA from here.

They have acknowledged that they should have sent me accojnt activities and have arranged to send them out immediately although couldn't guarantee delivery for 3-4 weeks. They did say they would do it free of charge and on thinking is this an approach to fend off as I haven't paid obligatory fee??

I'm guessing I should sit tight for perhaps a week or two then just start again with S.A.R and cheque?

Cheers Scott

I used a framed letter from a BBC.co.uk posting which basically demanded refund up front with estimated amounts owed calculated proportionately.

I have not used the official S.A.R or LBA from here.

They have acknowledged that they should have sent me accojnt activities and have arranged to send them out immediately although couldn't guarantee delivery for 3-4 weeks. They did say they would do it free of charge and on thinking is this an approach to fend off as I haven't paid obligatory fee?? I would send new SAR with cheque for a tenner and a covering letter saying they are free but here is the cheque blah blah

I'm guessing I should sit tight for perhaps a week or two then just start again with S.A.R and cheque?

I would start asap cause they r only stalling.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Two surprisingly pristine brown envelopes arrived today...

So time for the tooth comb and patience....

Slightly complicated by fact that 'upgraded' to Advantage Gold some time in the last 3 years but I will follow Nattie's stickys and it should be quite obvious.

So here goes, prelim on its way next week.

Great news!!! Highlighter pen at the ready I presume!!!

Good luck - post back when you know what it adds up to! Hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.