• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MJ versus A&L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just seen dj thread in "general " not A&L?

so mad:mad:

Dont think the solicitors should make verbal agreements (or not as they claim) without immediately following up in writing. Or get mad when it looks like it is their error!

Just shows keep off the phone - and use post or email as a golden rule !

on another subject did you undertsand the reply i think on Lesh about judgement by default today?

jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just seen dj thread in "general " not A&L?

so mad:mad:

Dont think the solicitors should make verbal agreements (or not as they claim) without immediately following up in writing. Or get mad when it looks like it is their error!

Just shows keep off the phone - and use post or email as a golden rule !

on another subject did you undertsand the reply i think on Lesh about judgement by default today?

jansus

I agree totally janus:rolleyes: It's suited me perfectly not to have to speak to anyone as I've done the leg-work for my sister and didnt particularly want to pretend to be her! Yes, makes sense to use letters/emails wherever possible and get everything in writing.

I had a look at the post to Lesh earlier ... no, I didn't get it. My understanding was that the "other side" hadn't submitted their court sumission in time therefore, surely, she's in a position to apply for judgement by defaulticon5.gif Admittedly I didn't go back over the whole thread, so maybe missed something?

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

have just seen page 13 on step by step instructions about judgement by default ( I am sure it was not there before??? or am I going mad) explains the situation a bit better I think.

bad news two more cases lost this week

good news was that it was the same judge - both lloyds, and still down to the breach on contract question- and lloyds still have not appeared in court themselves to use the argument as a test case- so they can not themselves be confident of the argument.On the same day and the same judge an Abbey case won!

best of luck with your judgement:)

jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks janusicon7.gif

Good point to remember that you've made on the Wragge's Defence thread about stating we HAVE breached contracts. I suppose your initial thought is to deny it and that's where a lot of people are coming unstuck.:rolleyes:

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

yes - imust admit it made me read the defence in more detail and I am assuming that no A&L cases have come up before Judge XXXX before ??

otherwise he may have picked it out - just have to keep our eyes out for cases on A&L coming up if any get to court to warn them. Good news I see Lesh has an offer.

Jan8-)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Questions?

interesting reply to a thread i started- can you help me pass the word when the changes happen. thanks Jan

• Haha 1

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Certainly will janus, some very valid points. I also agree with Welshcakes ... don't we have a few lines of the message though within our emails?

Mimiicon7.gif

your claim

Mimi,

Doesn't that squarebob get around, seems once he's out of the water he's everywhere.

Having little boxes come up when you hover with a mouse is a good idea. I usually find that the message goes quite quickly though. Think it is more fun just scrolling about, bit like a Christmas parcel, you never know what you are going to find, until you open the box.

xx

Mimi,

Doesn't that squarebob get around, seems once he's out of the water he's everywhere.

Having little boxes come up when you hover with a mouse is a good idea. I usually find that the message goes quite quickly though. Think it is more fun just scrolling about, bit like a Christmas parcel, you never know what you are going to find, until you open the box.

xx

Ah yes, the hovering mouse ... agree it would be good if the message stuck around for a little longer; can be more frustrating than anything else:rolleyes:

Squarebob, you seem to be "cottoning" on to this sewing lark ... for a fish out of water, you're doing very well icon11.gif (Got visions of you wandering around with your shirt stitched into your trousersicon10.gif)

your claim

Mimi, it was not funny the 1st time, 2nd time was even worse, I was slightly under the 'weather and not only sewed the shirt to my trousers but my leg to!

When I used to come home on leave, my sisters used to sew up my PJ bottoms, try getting into them when you are a bit under the weather, when I finally gave up and climbed into bed they had made an apple pie bed, so ended up sleeping on the floor, no central heating then or carpet, just good old fashione lino.

Are all the fairies as kind as you in Staffordshire?

Sun has come out, I'm off to the beach.

Squarebob

Could well be Alice ... if he was a freedom fighter, he should be well armed to deal with the banksicon12.gif

your claim

he knows a lot about old english tv programmes form the 60s though:confused: :confused:

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Court bundle now prepared and ready for numbering and copying/despatching on Monday ... thanks to some great help from the mods. on here (many thanks, you know who you areicon10.gif).

If anyone wants any help with the bundle, let me know and I can email you my (pretty extensive!) index and maybe some reports you may have trouble finding. Another point, if anyone wants to include the Australian Penalty Report (90 pages long!), but is loathe to print it or has problems with the printing (as I did:rolleyes:), I've found a 2 page summary, which apparently will more than suffice.

Mimi

Hi Mimi,

Followed your road so far and I am amazed how you manage to sound so sane all the time!

I have just received Transfer of Proceedings today. AQ dispensed with but is it likely the DJ will req one?

Would you be willing to forward me your info you got together for the court please? and advise on how to stay so calm & cool?

many thanks

To All my dear friends

If they say that the British were not in, nor had anything to do with Vietnam....................................Don't Believe Them!

I too have discovered how to do Bold

Le Shark xxx (any guys about, I'm being continental) (not European)

hi jmn

I really don't think you need the terms and conditions for 1982

(someone please correct me if I am wrong)

I think your claim can only go back 6 years....

so the t&c's should begin from that time.

good luck

alice x

Thank you for a quick reply Alice - that would certainly make sense and make it better, but I thought I read somewhere that it had to be the T&C when the acct was opened and the charges you agreed to at that time.

I really hope your right as I think 'paper' from 25yrs ago will probably have been used in the toilets of the A&L head office by now!

Does anyone have any idea where I could find T&C for May 2002 - April 2007. Will I need to show T&C for the whole 6 yrs or just from May 2002?

many thanks

To All my dear friends

If they say that the British were not in, nor had anything to do with Vietnam....................................Don't Believe Them!

I too have discovered how to do Bold

Le Shark xxx (any guys about, I'm being continental) (not European)

Dear Mr Square Bob, you're always chirpy.

Surely I'm not the only person that screams in there sleep (when it eventually comes) and sees myself being 'taken down' at the court hearing (a little extreme, I know!) But honestly, how do you all keep so chipper? Just the two-ing and frow-ing from the differant leads makes me dizzy!

Tell me your secret.......please?

Thank you for a quick reply Alice - that would certainly make sense and make it better, but I thought I read somewhere that it had to be the T&C when the acct was opened and the charges you agreed to at that time.

I really hope your right as I think 'paper' from 25yrs ago will probably have been used in the toilets of the A&L head office by now!

Does anyone have any idea where I could find T&C for May 2002 - April 2007. Will I need to show T&C for the whole 6 yrs or just from May 2002?

many thanks

Hi there,

It's the T&C's you need from the first claim year and also the last claim year. I'll reply to your PM either later tonight or tomorrow.

Mimi icon7.gif

your claim

can anyone help me please

ive just got my court date for my case against a&l, now im getting worried because my court bundle only consisted of about 20 pages ( the letters they sent me and i sent them) now ive just read that someones consisted of 200 pages, can anyone send me a copy of what they used as im a bit stupid :confused: when it comes to these things. any help would be very much appreciated.

my court date is set on august 13th

if you go to top of forum -you will see new thread.start your posts there then you will be able to get help

in the meantime read faq/step by step instructions and this may help

court bundles for dummies

jansus:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Concur with jansus as you will get lots of help in your own thread. ;)

I have sent you a PM Ace............look at the top right of your thread when you start it for your Private Messsages (PMs)

Try reading this thread completely and it will be clearer for you.

William. :)

can anyone help me please

ive just got my court date for my case against a&l, now im getting worried because my court bundle only consisted of about 20 pages ( the letters they sent me and i sent them) now ive just read that someones consisted of 200 pages, can anyone send me a copy of what they used as im a bit stupid :confused: when it comes to these things. any help would be very much appreciated.

my court date is set on august 13th

It depends purely on what the judge asked you for. A "bundle" need only consist of your charges list and statements if that's what the judge states in his "Order". In some cases, a bundle should be more lengthy and include all relevant legal documents, etc.

You'll get lots of help when you start your own thread, so see you there.icon7.gif

Mimi

your claim

good news today then?

ruling today at Hull

jansus:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE