Mbna Pay Up Twice

pdolan1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After asking for my money back only to be told where to go, i got a "Goodwill" gesture of 350 pounds. After phoning them telling them i wasn't interested and had filed for court, Gareth Tuncliffe (Customer Advocate) phoned me and told me they didn't want to go to court , to which i replied that i was more than happy to go. He asked what i wanted and i told him all charges for the last 6yrs plus interest plus court costs (39 pounds), which he agreed to just like that. next day the charges were in my bank account which he confirmed by telephone. I then told him i intended to recoup charges from another account i have with them and was prepared to go through the whole process again. Their response was they didn't want to go through all this again and three days later he phoned me offering all charges plus interest and cleared my outstanding balance on my account's that's 800pounds and 642pounds. RESULT

RESULT

operative word.

Nice one.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

So are you saying they paid more than you were asking for? Are they closing your accounts to get rid of you? ;) Nice one though - well done!:p

Hope you are feeling generous with the donate button and doing the survey.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Did this all happen over the phone? If so did you ask for anyone in particular? I've probably got a similar amoutn owing from MBNA and if I can just get them refunded with a phone call that would be fantastic.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

:o :o :o

B*gg*r me that was pretty painless!!

Excellent result!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim