Got an urgent problem

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

To update on this, her insurance company have admitted full liability, due to her being unco-operative and refusing to contact them, and have paid my insurance company all the mney owed, therefore my insurance company have not now paid anything towards this claim, however i rang to request proof of no claims bouns they didnt want to send me, well it has just arrived this morning, and they have deducted 2 years bonus from me, they told me weeks ago that the only reason my bonus had been reduced was because they had to pay mercedes and as yet hadnt had the money from the 3rd partys insurance, so while they were owed money my bonus would remain cut.

It just doesnt add up, they are still penalising me for something that was not my fault, even though they are not out of pocket at all.

does anyone have an email address for direct choice, i dont want to continue dealing with thm over th phone, as i have no proof of what they are saying.

Taylor price direct choice are a great insurance company when they are taking your premiums off you, however not so good when it comes to a claim, i believe i have been treat extremely unfairly

:madgrin:

they always say you never know how good an insurance company is until u make a claim.

i had 2 cars crash into my car parked outside my house in 2 days and my insurance company at the time were great (fortis)

i have 2 claims on my policy but i paid a lil bit extra to protect my NCB,worth it in the long run.

Hi Icy, just read through the thread and appreciate the problems you have encountered & hopefully may be able to assist in some way.

Direct Choice ( Actually Taylor Price & Co ) are a broker and would have would have placed your insurance with one of their nominated providers.

The issue with the deferred NCD is simply down to the fact that your insurer has yet to recover their outlay from the Third Party Insurers. This is normal and accepted practice as you have made a claim under your insurance policy and until such a time as they recover costs in full, your NCD will be deferred i.e demmed an "at fault" claim. However, as the Tesco Ins have admitted full liability then recovery should be straight forward.

Who was the insurance actually placed with. It may be worth contacting the Insurer to see if all costs incurred have actually been recovered. There may be an issue between the insurers that TP are unaware of ( even though they should as that's what they are paid for !!) -

Did you have an excess (and any other uninsured loss & have you recovered this ? Has the hire company recovered their outlay ?

If these have not yet been recovered both insurers may still deem claim to be still outstanding & continue to defer your NCD until claim closed in full.

You did state that you did not purchase ULR so as you know the details of the insurer/policy number etc of the Third Party then simply write to them with a copy of the invioce requesting your excess back.

Hope this helps

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

thanks for replying

My insurance was with NIG, i called NIG a while ago and they said they had received payment from tesco.

NIG had waived the excess following one of my many calls between them and tesco, not sure on the hire company, i can check this tomorrow.

In one conversation with NIG i was told my bonus would be fully reinstated, i then received proof of ncb which showed 0 years, now after receiving payment they have sent me one showing 1 years, i should have 3 years

ICY,

Quick question, did NIG issue the PoB or TP. This appears to me just to be an error by the clerk. i.e when policy lapsed, your records on the computer would show Nil with claim outstanding. Someone may have just looked & saw claim settled, NCD was at nil so issued 1 year NCD.

If this is the xase, a quick phone call should rectify. Tell them at inception/renewal of the policy you had 2 years NCD, now the claim is settled the should read 3 years.

Hopefully it will be as simple as that.

Any probs just shout.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

TP issued, when i called asking for proof of ncb i asked how many years were showing he simply said he doesnt know as my acc was closed so the system would let him see how many years

ICY,

They are talking rubbish !!! How can they close the system a couple of months after renewal date ? They should still hve on record inception data showing 2 years NCD. On lapsing, it does not take a rocket scientist to calculate that adding 1 claim free year equals 3 years NCD.

I've just checked their website & are open today 10 to 4pm. Give them a quick call & tell them that. Alternatively, ask for NIGs number & call them in the morning if these guys are too inept to do a simple job.

Only e-mail adress I could find is as per below.

[email protected]

I would ring them first though

called them this morning and once i eventually got through after a 12 minutes wait, they realised they had made an administration error and i should have indeed been sent proof of ncb for 3 years not 1