• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Celicaman vs HSBC***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all here is the captains log for the journey of Celicaman vs HSBC and its mission to screw the banks for all the money they have illigally screwed from me!

Ok i first totalled up what they owed me £1807.50 plus interest @ 8% total £2287.00 and sent first letter 6th Feb 2007, received reply, 'looking into it 'on the 14th feb.

Read more on this site & as advised i sent 2nd letter on the 3rd March.

Received 2nd letter 13th March offering £1500 without admission

Completed MCOL on the 20th March

Received acknolwedgement of claim on the 27th March

Now 20th March and they have filed defence, now waiting to see if i get something in the post.

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok So next part

Only thing is now after having read all these new post about claiming over 6 years, i decided to have a trip into the unknown, well ok it was the Loft, and guess what, i have found loads of statements for my private account going back a good few years, not had chance to list them yet but there are charges on there.

How do i go about adding them to the claim now, or do i start a new claim, also since putting claim in they had cheek to still add another charge on for tippling over overdraft limit (they paid out mortgage day before they paid money from my business account which they hold) doesnt take an idiot to look at the account to see this :evil:

Also found statments from business accounts going back to 1993 and there are charges there, also, (Sorry about this) :-) i also found my Ltd company statements for 2000 to 2002 ( they totted up to nearly £1k during that period) and having read a post on here from somebody who claimed back on closed ltd business Account, i thought i might as well try it, they probably got so many claims going on they are not even looking at what the accounts are ('Bong' comes to mind with ' one letter fits all' from her bank) any advise appreciated as it seems the goal posts have moved and i want to make sure i put my claims in correctly. Some of the law points on here just confuse the heck out of me. I can design & upholster furniture and design Fab curtains, pelmets & swags & tails, but the words just meld together and mean nothing to me when i read law stuff....

Help

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Now listed all my charges going back from 1989 to 2001 when my original claim starts and it totals £830.50 plus whatever interest i chase. So what do i do now, can i add/ ammend /start new claim for full amount even though my original claim is at court.

I Have completed the spreadsheet but not sure what compound interest rate to charge, i would love to have time to do it correctly and list all the iterest charges i incurred whilst overdrawn, but do not feel i have the time as i run my own business and its hard enough, To be honest i would be happy to be able to claim back the interest they owe me on the charges, without trying to work out the additional stuff.

any advise please

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

followed your link:)

my advice would be to start a new claim for the older charges and put your most recent charge in there aswell. You would not be able to amend your current claim to include contractual interest - this is because you would need to have given the bank notice of it before issuing court proceedings.

When/if you raise a new claim, reject any offer to repay just the recent charge - you will benefit from keeping it in there because they cannot then defend and apply to strike out your claim on the basis that it is wholly statute-barred. In fact, seeing as you are going to be making more than one claim I would advise opening a parachute account. HSBC has been known to close accounts where more than one claim is made. One option that you may then consider is closing your HSBC account so that they can't force a refund into it. This may not suit your circumstances though - it's up to you.

I would say though that if you are hard pushed to put in the time to list your overdraft interest, you're not going to have the time that it takes to fully research the arguments for contractual interest. It does take time to fully understand and is not simply a matter of copying out someone elses claim, because it could end up being an issue that you have to argue for in court.

i take your point about not having time, i dont have it and yes its prob worth a couple hundred in interest ( as your case proved, its a game of chicken,how far will they go to prove you wrong. You yourself in what you have acheived have set standards, but early days yet,) but the extra time and pressure is to be honest too much, i will be happy to get the statute interest and fees back cos now for that one claim it would be in region of 4k with normal interest. for that i would be happy. Got load more statements to check through, will see what that brings up.

Its so annoying the amount of stress and hours i had to work to try to pay all those charges, sometimes £80/100 month on top of the charges for normal account charges up to £100 month at times. i want blood but will take cash as an alternative

Thanks for your help

Ian

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Well new thread same old Cr**p from the banks. If it barks it’s a dog.

It doesn’t matter what they call a charge, if it costs them pence and they charge pounds its unlawful.... woof woof.

Celicaman, let your present claim run its course and do as Bong says (she’s clever), claim your older charges with the ones they have charged you recently, worst case scenario you get back the recent charges and loose the old ones, its a shot to nothing... take it.

Dont want to think what interest route you will be taking, im sure Bong will have ideas

pete

Help, ive just fallen off me chair..

Just done spreadsheet for an account i had from 1993 to nov 2000 with HSBC and in that time it was charged £908.99. i put in the 29.7% interest rate for a laugh and the total compounded rate is

£31,452.22

sureley that cant be right !

If it is im paying somebody else to take it to court :)

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

im lost...29.7%?? where's that one spring from? or am i being a complete tard?

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

i think it is the overdraft rate that lloyds charge, or is that the APR, im trying to find HSBC rate. Probably put wrong amount in box on spreadsheet. Interest rate would be about half that wouldnt it

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

yeah think 29.7 is the APR rate, but don't quote me - just seemed ratehr high to me lol

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Thanks for that givememymoney

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

well if ive done it correctly, the £908 from 1993 to 2000 becomes

£8,248.20, if that is correct it would certainly be worth trying for compound / contractual interest, just gotta figure out how to do it correctly now!

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

thats 130,000 drinks. we aint gonna get a big drink

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

ok, so thats a pint of B52 and for you NettyG

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Laffin, I would wait till you win first Celica, yes its a lot of money but DG have a lot of arguments they are going to throw your way before you get your hands on any cash, ask Bong and Crusher

You have the best help you could wish for here, people who have been there and won, good luck with your claim.

pete

Oi! pete.... don't put a damper on my order if you don't mind!!!!:eek:

celicaman... mine's a Wray & Nephew with a dash of coke thanks lol

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Business account 1993 to Nov 2000

Ok, the latest figures after i found another bundle of statements (thats all them now) is now £1366.99 before interest which works out to over £11k with the interest, now i have to work out the interest on the overdraft, my head hurts & im pink eyed.

Im gonna need help from you guys with this lot when the claim goes in.

So basically i use the first business template to the bank asking for my charges back, with the interest (compound) all niceley laid out on a spread sheet.

Q1

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Business account 1993 to Nov 2000

Revised charges now reads £1366.99 before adding compound interest, becomes £11k plus i still have to work out the interest charged on the interest they charged me on the charges that shouldnt have been. All clear so far. (ok somebody explain what i just said)

Ok so now i need to fill in the first business template letter to HSBC

Do i need to add anything to it as all the charges are pre 6 year period,(1993/2000) and we all know the bank will send it straight back saying you cant claim back past 6 years and even if you could you couldnt cos we charged you fair blah blah blah bleat bleat, poor us !

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Advise please ?

On the mindzia spreadsheet i have used the C Interest (daily) sheet to work out the compound interest. I have filled in the Date, Charge amout & charge dteail and the 18.7% on the notes page.(HSBC current overdraft rate)

Do i need to fill in the boxes on the right hand side to complete it or is that all i need to do

Or

do i have to maunally work out the interest on the charge

or am i missing something

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

First off the current overdraft interest rate for HSBC is 18.3%

I assume that when you are refering to the boxes on the right hand side you are talking about on the Charges & interest tab? If so then the section on the right is for you to fill in the details of any interest you have been charged on your overdraft. That is if you are claiming overdraft interest which some people do but most do not :-)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.