Claims over 6 years

Trudianne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning!

So Gnat West hold details back to 1992 do they?

Does that mean although I have successfully reclaimed 6 years worth of charges at the begining of the year I could still claim back 8 years to 1992?

If they've still got my money I want it back! Or because a claim was settled is that my lot?

Any advice?

:)

yes, do it

separate claim as long as you haven't signed any 'full and final' settlement agreement

even then I think there's a wriggle to get out of that, posted elsewhere

getting the bloody statements might be the tricky bit, I've just sent off a SAR for the older ones, sadly without an excellent para from bong, elsewhere with some very pointy directions to the bank regarding older statements and their dreadful excuses as to why they might not be entirely available

it's the forum norm to get steely and determined, I'm a new fish, barely starting

read the threads about the more than six years data, the banks will squeal and try to get out of this but others have been working on this and it's starting to work

find the bong post about microfiche (and gawd knows what else) records being valid and subject o SARs, and the bit about their something officer having to sign a statement confirming data has been destroyed if they won't supply it

Thanks again Micky - will look around for the various posts on the subject and read up first.

Good luck with your claim - just read your post - 2nd letter should be fine.

Will keep all informed on this thread re. chasing back to 1992!

Thanks again Micky - will look around for the various posts on the subject and read up first.

Good luck with your claim - just read your post - 2nd letter should be fine.

Will keep all informed on this thread re. chasing back to 1992!

Hi Trudianne,

I have statements going back to 2001 from NatWest but I have been asking the same questions as you regarding getting hold of older info, I am in the process of sending the ' non compliance letter ' (using the template after 40 days and info incomplete) to NatWest for the older stuff and have been advised to amend letter to read as follows:

Please provide the following:

Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data

Hope that this helps.:)