• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

saddler10 vs mbna

saddler10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, DPA request sent to MBNA for A&L credit card on 24/5 by recorded delivery. Will update on progress.

cheers, Paul

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

Thanks, will also be sending DPA request to A&L themselves for this card as MBNA only took over A&L credit cards in 2003 I believe.

Paul

Thanks, will also be sending DPA request to A&L themselves for this card as MBNA only took over A&L credit cards in 2003 I believe.

If MBNA took over the card they should have had all the previous details passed over from A&L. Personally I would send the 1 request to MBNA and see what their response is, you probably won't need to contact A&L.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Cheers, seems to be some confusion on this issue from what I have read elsewhere. If A&L made charges on this account before it became MBNA wouldn't I have to reclaim those charges from A&L? May just wait for the response from MBNA to see where I stand.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, received reply from MBNA.

Dear Saddler10,

Thank you for your letter dated 24 May 2006.

We attempted to contact you by phone to confirm exactly what information you are seeking. However, since we were unable to reach you, we have enclosed copies of your statement information dating back to March 2003. If there have been any transactions on your account as a result of manual intervention, they will be included on the enclosed statement information.

On this occasion we have provided this information to you free of charge.

Should this information not be sufficient, and you wish to make a full data subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998, please complete and return the attached form.

Please ensure you include the fee of £10 (cheques to be made payable to MBNA Europe Bank Ltd) and appropriate ID (e.g photocopy of driver's licence or passport).

Should you have any further queries please call my colleague, Gareth Tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate, direct on 01244 672628 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely

pp Susan Pemberton

Customer Advocate Office.

A couple of points to note from this:

Statement information dating back to march 2003- I assume this is when they took over the card and they don't hold information before this time, however, I am going to get this confirmed in writing by MBNA. Also, statement information is only a list of charges when i requested all transactional data. I would like to know the total interest charges as I know I have paid a lot of interest purely as a result of the charges. Total charges are £900.

Information free of charge, request for £10 fee for further information- I already sent them £!0 postal order with original request!

Any thoughts appreciated, will be preparing my response!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Have replied to MBNA, stating that a list of charges will not suffice, and I expect to receive any other transactional data within the 40 day period, which expires this week.

Paul

Suggest you give them a ring - i had same issue as you wanting to know how much interest i had incured - was told they would work it out and send in post rather than waiting for my ID and sending statements out.

Number to ring is at the end of "this is war" thread.

I will be able to see if they are short changing me on the interest as Cap one did send full list of statements and i know the interest incured on that amount over 6 year (£890 fees) came to £450 (interest incured on CC soon mounts up - first month was only 12p - by the end each month was around £10 of interest).

The spread sheet in the template forum done by Vampire works very well for credit cards, just put in the amount of interest, date and the amount you owed on the card as a negative figure for each month)

Thanks spikeyboy, may well do that, latest reply I've received says they'll send a full written response to my complaint within 28 days. 40 days has gone now, they obviously don't see their non-compliance as being very important.

Cheers surreyscouse. Just a thought , they received my original request and payment on 26/5, they sent statement information (list of charges, also stating that any manual intervention would be shown on there if it had occurred- there is no manual intervention.) They then asked for ID for further info. As they're entitled to ask for ID can they argue that the DPA request started on the date they received ID. I notice on wiganwarriors thread you advised to ask mbna to calculate interest on the charges, as this is all I need now maybe I should do the same.

cheers, Paul

Hello Paul,

Did they send back your postal order ? Strictly speaking if they have sent it back then the 40 day rule does not apply. They tried using that (lie) in their defence against me but still settled for DPA breach so don't worry too much about that.

Anyway, on to the interest. I am of the mind that we should all be claiming this back. after all it wouldn't have been there in the first place if the charges hadn't been put onto the account. The only problem is that we can't work them out, this is where we actually need MBNA. Now you are in a similar position to Wigan Warrior because you haven't sent your first request. Personally, when you write to them I would say you want XXX amount in charges plus interest accumulated since the date of each charge. That then puts the onus upon them to work out the interest. Don't worry if they ignoe it as you can just "estimate" your interest if needs be at a later date if you have to issue a summons (you won't). then you could use some extortionate rate of interest which should kick 'em into gear.

All make sense ?

Strictly speaking if they have sent it back then the 40 day rule does not apply.

I disagree.

The 40 days counts from when they receive payment, not from when they cash it. If they decide to send it back that's their choice. They don't have to charge for a SAR - the £10 is a maximum amount, not a set amount.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

barracad, i don't disagree with you on this at all, but looking specifically at saddlers case they have sent back the £10 (as they have for most people). So whilst Saddler has sent the £10, mbna will argue that they have not been subject to SAR as the fee was refunded. i think this is what they are doing to get around the 40 day rule is just providing transactions as they don't have all the other details to hand, they are kept in the states.

Thanks all for your input, just to clarify, they received my original request on 26/5 with payment included. My first communication from them dated 15/6, included 'statement information' which was a list of charges. The letter then states that this information has been provided free of charge, however, they did not return my postal order.

The letter goes on to say that if this information is not sufficient, and I wish to make a full data subject access request, to return attached form. They then ask that I ensure to include the fee of £10 and appropriate ID. I returned form and ID and of course pointed out that they have already received my payment.

After all this though, it does seem that I've almost got everything that I need. I've got my charges (£900.00 on statement information plus an additional £60.00 since I received the info.), I've got confirmation that no manual intervention occurred, all I need to know is the interest on the charges.

Paul

thanks for the clarity. Ok to go to the information commissioner i think. won't affect your claim.

As a suggestion you could use the template for initerest in the library. a bit of effort is required but at least you will arrive at some sort of figure. You may even be surprised by mbna as a couple of people have tried to claim back say £500 and mbna have kindly pointed out that the correct figure is £550 and given them the higher amount so maybe using that template may be of some use to you.

Ok here is my take on this matter of interest on Credit cards.

My first was with Cap One - they sent all my statements for the past 6 years - then i used the excel spread sheet in the template libary (vamp's one). On the right side you put the list of fees, date and amount, then on the left the date, amount of interest charged for that month and the card balance as a negative figure - the spread sheet then works out what interest was applied to the fees that had been taken to the date - it works very well.

Next i contacted MBNA - all i got back (eventually) was a list of fees and the date, knowing how much the interest can add up to i rang MBNA up , after a bit of twoing and frowing we came to the agreement that all i wanted to know was how much interest had been applied to the fees, MBNA said they would work it out and send to me, true to their word they had done this and my letter arrived this morning, listing all fees and the interest charged to the fees - looks about right comparing to what my Cap 1 interest worked out to be.

So if you want to know what interest you need to claim back, just give MBNA a ring and asked them to tell you :)

On Credit cards - trust me it is worth getting the interest - on my cap 1 card with £800 fees over 6 years the interest was £450 with MBNA interest on £900 f fees over 6 years is £350

Saddler - I got the same letter as you, and I too had sent them a letter specifically headed Suject Access Request AND enclosed the £10 fee! I too am going to write to them saying this is not good enough, and that they only have until 7th Aug to respond to my original request.

Have you heard back from them yet? It's interesting to me as you are just ahead of me with this little game they are playing...

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Saddler - I got the same letter as you, and I too had sent them a letter specifically headed Suject Access Request AND enclosed the £10 fee! I too am going to write to them saying this is not good enough, and that they only have until 7th Aug to respond to my original request.

Have you heard back from them yet? It's interesting to me as you are just ahead of me with this little game they are playing...

Just read you thread, and the letter you're about to send. I sent them a letter pointing out that they had already received my payment etc. They responded with a letter basically saying I would receive a full written response to my complaint within 28 days. The letter also suggests calling Gareth Tunnicliffe if I need to contact them in the meantime. Haven't got through to him yet, but will try again because I just need to know what interest I've paid on the charges then I can start my claim.

Paul

Hi Saddler

I don't think we should allow them another 28 days. Of course, as I made a mistake with my first letter, it means they will only have 5 days to respond to me before I start DPA non compliance action, but, hey - I figure that's their problem!

Have you got Gareth's phone number? I might also ring him in a couple of days...

Are you going to give them 28 more days? I think if we start playing to thei timescales, we're on a slippery slope...

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Hi Saddler

I don't think we should allow them another 28 days. Of course, as I made a mistake with my first letter, it means they will only have 5 days to respond to me before I start Data Protection Act non compliance action, but, hey - I figure that's their problem!

Have you got Gareth's phone number? I might also ring him in a couple of days...

Are you going to give them 28 more days? I think if we start playing to thei timescales, we're on a slippery slope...

No, certainly not giving them 28 days, as you say that would be a 'slippery slope'. I may have to consider the Information commissioner/ court action. But as I only need to know what interest I have been charged on the fees then some people have got that information simply by calling and asking for it. Gareth Tunnicliffe's number is 01244 672628.

Paul

Great! Good stuff.

Thanks for Gareth's number. I'll keep that safe...

They're going to have to send a Harley Davidson to get my statements to me in time!!:lol:

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

• 1 month later...

Hi all, not been on the forums for a while, so am just updating on my claims. After expiry of 40 day deadline I decided to take the phone call route as some people have had some success that way with MBNA. Never actually got to speak to Gareth Tunnicliffe but had a few conversations with his colleague Yvonne (O'Sullivan, I think). Eventually, I did get the information I required, including the period that I queried (switch from A&L to MBNA) and the calculation of interest charged.

I am disappointed that I allowed this to drag but I am now at the preliminary request stage which expires in a few days. Will update soon.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi all, a bit slow with this update but settled over a week ago, settlement letter received on the day I was due to start Moneyclaim. Another donation on the way shortly!

Paul

Well done! Yvonne is a nice lady. She sorted out my claim too.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks