• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

dencha v Arrow Global Receivables Management Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New link started from http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/80182-dencha-lowell-portfolio-1-a.html

CCA request posted today to Arrow Global via Special Delivery (guaranteed).

11 April 2007

Reference: XXXXXXXXXX

Arrow Global Receivables Management Ltd

57 - 61 Mortimer Street

London

W1W 8HS

Dear Arrow Global Receivables Management Ltd:

Subject: Paragon Personal Finance/Loan

Your letters dated 13/12/2006 and 30/03/2007 are noted.

Consumer Credit Act 1974

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I correspond further on this matter.

You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 – (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). I enclose a cheque no. 100680 to the value of £1.00 in payment of the statuary fee. This is not to be applied as any kind of payment to the disputed account.

A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Communication will be in writing only.

Personal visits by Arrow Global Receivables Ltd or its agents are refused.

Yours Sincerely

My Name

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice one Arrow.

Put a default on my CRA 3 days after signing for CCA request. Well into one month now.

Arrow have been prescribed a dose of Default Removal medicine at the end of this period.

Strange they should put a default on a debt that is still being paid to another DCA which started a long time before this forum started.

You can guess where my next CCA request will be going.

dencha

• 4 weeks later...

Dencha

I am in the same boat as you with Paragon/Arrow. I have requested both the CCA and deed, but no joy. They have issued me with court papers. Here is my link. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/96300-arrow-global-receivables.html

It would also be worth taking a look at this link, laiste seems to know what she is on about. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/73679-illegal-ccj-account-desperate-8.html

Just worth noting that on the claim form the date they stipulate is not the date of the agreement I have asked laiste for some advice. They phoned me the day after sending out the court papers saying there were willing to accept a lower monthly repayment.......no chance:x

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the links Steve.

I have now received an LBA from Copes solicitors. Arrow have not replied to the CCA request and have put a default with the CRA,s which I am presuming they cannot do without the CCA.

20June20071.jpg

If anyone can help in wording a reply, it would be appreciated.

dencha

Wow, funny that is the EXACT same letter they sent to me. I chose to disregard it! When I got the usual chasing phone call I stated that I owed their client no debt, that I had requested and not received the CCA or DOA and that no further discussions would take place until these were provided. I was subsequently issued with a default notice and Court Summons within 7 days of each other. I have filed my defence requesting a stay as I still have not received a copy of the CCA or DOA......funny that!:D

I think I will approach this in a different way. As they have already put a default with the CRA,s without a default notice, I will send copies of everything to the TS and Information Commissioner with a covering letter to explain what has happened so far.

I will then reply to the LBA stating that their client has had plenty of opportunity to supply the CCA etc, but as the statutory time limits had passed files have now been sent to the TS and ICO.

See what happens.

dencha

Subscribing.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks to Rory32 I could not resist the temptation. Going out in the morning.

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXXXX

26 June 2007

Your Ref: XXXXXX

Cope's Solicitors

Unit F

The Courtyard

Alban Park

Hatfield Road

St Albans

AL4 0LA

Dear Cope's,

Subject: Arrow Global Receivables Management

Thank you for your letter dated 18th June 2007 in which you inform me of your intended legal action.

I would however refer you to my letter sent to your client on 11th April 2007, delivered and signed for on the 12th April 2007, Via Special Delivery Guaranteed Next Working Day, in which I requested a true copy of the credit agreement and a true signed copy of the deed of assignment. The statutory fee of £1.00 was included with instructions that the statutory fee was not to be applied in any way to the disputed account. The £1.00 statutory fee cleared my account on the 11th May 2007. Against my instructions the £1.00 fee has been applied to the disputed account.

To date your client has failed to acknowledge this request in any way except by cashing the £1.00 statutory fee, whether by confirmation of receipt of the letter or by supplying the requested documents. The documents I requested should be readily available as proof of their legal right to collect on this account.

In my letter of the 11th April 2007 I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 – (s77 (1) for fixed sum credit).

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of the credit agreement to be carried out before your client defaulted. If the request is not satisfied after a further calendar month, your client commits a summary offence. These statutory time limits expired on 30th April 2007 and 30th May 2007 respectively.

As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore on 30th April 2007 this account became unenforceable at law.

As your client has Failed to comply with a request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement, and other relevant documents mentioned in it, any legal action you pursue will be averred as both Unlawful and Vexatious.

Furthermore, I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful Harassment.

Further, it has come to my attention that your client has registered a Default with the Credit Reference Agencies regarding the disputed account when it appears they do not have the legal right to do so.

I take great exception to this Defamation of my character.

Please note your client may also consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1988, to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means they must remove all information regarding this account from their own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies. Should they refuse to comply, they must within 21 days of the date of this letter provide me with a detailed breakdown of their reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that they have a ‘legal right’, they must outline their reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should they fail to respond within 21 days, I will expect this to mean they agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore, they should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take Any action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following would apply:

• They may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to them.
  • They may not add any further interest or charges to the account.
  • They may not pass the account to any third party.
  • They may not register any information in respect of the account with any of the credit reference agencies.
  • They may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I shall of course report your client’s actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

I trust this clarifies the matter for you.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

Glad to be of help dencha.

Further, it has come to my attention that your client has registered a Default withthe Credit Reference Agencies regarding the disputed accountwhen it appears they do not have the legal right to do so.

Just remember to press that "space" bar ;)

• Haha 1

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 5 months later...
3 pages of post #12 should be sitting on someones desk by 1pm thursday.

dencha

JUST checking these characters out as noticed the word receivables in the Arrow global name

the space london

well here is a link to the building you can actually see a flor plan ( little brother bites big brother!!)

we also seem to have

Intelligent PR

Public Relations Consultants (Office & Administration) based in the Mortimer Streetarea of London

Tel: 020 71017191

Address: 57-61 Mortimer Street London W1W 8HS

==========

Fashion Fair

Beauty Products (Warehouses Wholesalers) based in the Mortimer Streetarea of London

Tel: 020 71017250

Address: 57-61 Mortimer Street London W1W 8HS

============

Catalysis

Public Relations Consultants (Head Office) based in the Mortimer Streetarea of London

Tel: 020 71017300

Address: The Space, 57-61 Mortimer Street London W1W 8HS

=============

very impressed { NOT} am sure they don't rent an "egg box ?" (for 6 workers?)

ok back to these jokers

we have asked a question on a similar thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/96300-arrow-global-receivables.html

WHY is (was) this company sueing you under the name

Arrow Global Receivables Management Ltd

if we have used an incorrect name can someone please correct it

can someone find out if as we suspect this is a jersey registered company ??

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

ok

we have

Company Name:

ARROW GLOBAL RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT LIMITED

Company No: 05875306

Registered Office:Incorporated: 13/07/200620-22 BEDFORD ROW

LONDON

WC1R 4JS

WC1R 4JS

Company Type: Private LimitedReport Status: Full DataAccounts Type: UnknownLatest Accounts to: ?Latest Return to: 13/07/2007

they are managing the receivables (securisation)

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Their reistered office in Bedford Row is actually still the address of the company formation agents. Arrow have probably paid a fee to use it to receive official mail etc but don't want to let anyone know where they are operating from. either that ot they are too lazy to tell Companies House.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi All, this is the first time I have ever posted on such a site. I am dealing with Arrow Global LLC for my Mum -age 78-for whom I am a carer. She has been paying into a CCCS debt management plan without fail. Arrow sent a claimed assignment, a default and two inviitations to take out a loan with blackandwhite.co.uk -one uses Arrow Global Receivables Management Ltd and the other letter uses a combination of the Arrow letter head with blackand white.co.uk. This was all in July. I have had not had my head in the sand - they were sent details of the CCCS debt management plan and client number. When they requested an updated budget from CCCS in September. She was thus paying into the plan when the letters were received in July they were informed that since my father had just died(September payment, October, Nov-suspended by CCCS) the pensions had stopped and CCCS were at the time wanting to know what the new budget was prior to agreeing it. This was is all logged with CCCS and Arrows new solicitor Mortimer Clarke-who share virtually the same address as Marlin Financial Services-who Arrow in their many guises use for managing a loan. On Tuesday 5 December 2007 I had posted requests(special delivery next day guaranteed) for CCA with a £1 postal order to Arrow Global LLC, Marlin Financial Services and Mortimer Clarker solicitors. The reason I sent a postal order is that CCCS stated they have to cash a postal order where as they can ignore a personal cheque. I specifically wanted the CCA since Alliance and Leicester/MBNA, Arrow Global LLC, Marlin Financial Services and Mortimer Clarke are claiming differing figures! I could not make CCCS understand that the quoted figures are actually going up and down. As in one figure was sent in July and a lower figure in August and these were not the same as the Alliance and Leicester/MBNA were quoting! Court papers arrived today - they have my Mum and a defendant -who is nothing to do with her and lives in Haywards Heath. The court said they have been receiving incorrect paper work from Mortimer Clarke and I need to contact them with regard to this.I would like some help in how to deal with this. Since firstly I do wish to defend this case-but CCCS are offering no help on the defence. I have read on the posts that I need a CCA in the first place. I have sent these special delivery 4 December 2007 to arrive 5 December 2007. Then I wish to complain to trading standards about Arrow Globals LLC desire to have my Mum take out a loan -in the same month as defaulting her -so unfair practice. Then there are the differing figures -with no break down. If the assignment figure is incorrect I am under the impression it is not legal. It says on the Court claim form that the amount was assigned on 6 June 2007 -their letter on 3 July states it was assigned on 9 March 2007 -the court papers show 6 June 2007 for this. It would seem to me that Arrow Global LLC decided from the start that they wanted a charge for this loan-which is far lower at £4647.78 than any other credit card debt she has. She is actually willing to pay the cards off on CCCS agreed plan-but I will not let such a criminal company fleece her! Any help is much appreciated.

This brings up quite a few issues. I'd advise starting your own thread and reposting the text. That way you will probably get more responses and help.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

I will see how to make a thread and post it

This link will help tell you to do things like post a thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Hi Rory32,

Thanks for that. I made a thread - Jdc911 vs Arrow Global. I have read some of your posts. Its amazing that it's better to not even sign your name(just print it) when requesting the CCA. I am going to send a request for information under the civil procedures rules-which was inside a thread for a person fighting the egg card. Would it still be worth requesting an SAR from Alliance and Leicester/MBNA I will send it special delivery guranteed next day. It will have some sort of signature from my Mum on it.

Thanks again for your help.

Enjoy your day,

John :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...